New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    amen.....

M54: what school is that? Duke? UNC? UCLA? FSU? Univ of Florida?

Well I not a fanatic nor I despise my school (college), I just hate their system, more on marketing less on quality of education. It's ok for me, if you think your better than me because you went to this university... its your business, what ticks me off is when you parade yourself and tell people "am a ** Graduate, am better than you, don't talk to me, blah, blah". Or when people say "dapat dito ka na nag aral mas maganda diyan". Ano magagawa ko eh dito ako tinanggap, I just make the most of my time here in school whether good or bad the reputation maybe.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Napansin ko lang... people who are blatantly proud of their school(bringing alma matter up in a conversation even when its out of topic or judging strangers by their "pedigree") are actually losers in everything else in life. kaya they get this feeling of accomplishment coz they went to XYZ school so many years ago because they cant be proud of where they are now or what theyre doing.
    I admit im proud of my school because i feel it has given me the tools to make it in the rat race and has perhaps molded me into what i am now. But i dont go around telling everybody about it and shoving it down peoples throats.

my 2 centimos

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    There are also people who automatically think that those who come from school XYZ are snobs and shut them out without trying to get to know them.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I do like the institution where I study and work in. Hindi naman ako fanatical about it pero happy pa din ako because though I'm not the best nor the brightest in my field, I was allowed the opportunity to do what I love to do while still leaving room for learning and improvement.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ess
    There are also people who automatically think that those who come from school XYZ are snobs and shut them out without trying to get to know them.
    yeah, again with the stereotypes. Kawawa nga ibang tao na napagkakamalang snobs eh. Mostly, people i meet from such XYZ schools eh sila pa yung mga down-to-earth. Kelan ba kase nagsimula yang mga ganyang stereotypes?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    say my piece already... but want to share this...

I previously have an officemate who studied in a well known prestigious university, and he always bragged about his school to the point of it became an annoyance to his teamates, there are three of them thats been admitted to our company and the other two graduated in a less expensive/prestigious college, they have the same degree and the same batch.... In almost 2 yrs that they work with our team, my senior notice that the other two is much better in handling pressure and tackling issues/problem coming almost in an instant during crunch time during the course of our project. The other one is too much beaurocratic (spelling??) in a sense that when he suggest his solution to the problem, its either too late or the problem is already in a different phase. When asked why his action is always like that, he told us that it is the proper way of tackling the problem, know first who is at fault, tell it to his immediate superior tell everybody thats involved in the project who is at fault, setup a meeting to discuss the extent of the problem and who's going to shoulder the expense, and then finally talk about the possible solution to the problem... He said its what been taught in his school, and instantly give some example of this successful guy who graduated on his school and all that ****...hehehe He also has a diff. view in dealing with our sub-contracts, treats them low and only treats them good if he knows that he/she came from the same school that he came from....

Lahat naman ng schools may success stories, failures, bad apples, etc. so it really depends on the person if he wants to succeed. It helps if you go to a reputable school but ultimately its you who determines how far you go in life.

yeah, again with the stereotypes. Kawawa nga ibang tao na napagkakamalang snobs eh. Mostly, people i meet from such XYZ schools eh sila pa yung mga down-to-earth. Kelan ba kase nagsimula yang mga ganyang stereotypes?
    Mahirap talaga mag generalize, I also know people from reputable who are very friendly and approachable, know some people in not so reputable schools who are snobbish and b*tcy, again it boils down to the person not the institution.

Classic case of inferiority complex...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup I also think so....inferiority complex....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Not a bash, but just a question I don't understand...