New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This IMHO, is a major Filipino trait. Being regionalistic is also one. For example: you usually get special treatment from people who are your 'provincemates'. This sort of trait extends to who belong to what school, and what may have you.

Now this is one reason why Pinoys can never be united. May sari-sariling tropa kasi. Ayan may sari-sariling diskarte. Mine is always better than yours.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    pahabol... yung iba kasi siguro walang accomplishment so kelangan makisawsaw sa iba... tipong si Congressman XYZ kakaklase ko sa ABC school... pang yabang na kilala nya kung sino sino... eh ano ngayon kung kaklase mo dati? baka nga di ka na kilala nun... :eviltongu

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    Oh... nakasabay mo pala sila Patrick Ewing? Dikembe Motumbo and Alonzo Mourning? Mukhang mahihirapan, lahat ng blue chip prospects diretso sa NBA. Is John Thompson still coaching? I thought that he works for TNT
    langya ka bro...pinatanda mo naman ako i attended the school right after the allen iverson years. so hindi pa ako nakakaranas ng success (although there was this one good year with Mike Sweetney and the sweet 16)

John Thompson III is John Thompson's son. he used to be the coach at Princeton (or was it Yale? i forget) and recently signed to coach the Hoyas.

ayan, lumabas na naman ang pagka-diehard ko

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    As for me, it really doesn't matter from what school you come from. What really matters is how one presents or projects oneself to other people. I went to well-known, prestigious schools/universities myself throughout my academic years in Southern Philippines and can honestly say that not everyone in that school would be as mayabang as the rest of the city would conceive everybody from my school would be. Problema lang kasi is that itong mga mayayabang ang mas nakikilala because sila yung "OUT THERE", which doesn't even represent the vast majority of students.

What really matters is the attitude towards other people and whether you get along with them...

Anong kahalagahan kung graduate ka nga ng ADMU or UP kung ang asal naman ay parang taga-TONDO(hope I am not offending anyone)??
    Last edited by cyberdoc95; February 25th, 2005 at 01:23 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cyberdoc...i wanna repeat what you have just said...aanhin mo ang admu/up/lasalle or whatever diploma mo kung asal-hayop ka naman !?! (wag naman taga tondo..hehrehre)

sorry i just can relate to this kasi kanina lang may customer kami na ganyan..naknang.

GlennSter: Masyadong bang demanding?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung iba kasi siguro walang accomplishment so kelangan makisawsaw sa iba..
    ayun! sapul na sapul!

angya ka bro...pinatanda mo naman ako
    bwhahahahahahaa

Wag na nga naman taga Tondo....taga Dagonoy na lang..ops, joke joke joke!

yeah, asal hayup na lang gaya ng sabi ni Fafa Glenn

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    GlennSter: Masyadong bang demanding?

hindi lang..nagbabalik na ng piyesa kasi mali daw...eh sinabi na ngang mali yun kaya ayaw namin ibigay..binili parin.tapos sinosoli...ayaw kasi maniwala.eh walang resibo, so hindi pwede i refund..aba...nag umpisa nang magsabi ng kung sinu sinong mga tao from XYZ school..etc.

aba aba aba.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    With regards to the topic......i think its unavoidable....work, school, family, sports and politics are the most effective and popular way to open a conversation...sometimes its just annoying or can be irritating especially if you dont know or comfy with the person but again...without these kind of conversations, you might have missed things that might interest you.....

One example is....good job openings here are mostly spread by word of mouth.....like my church....i was suprised a lot of them work at WHO, UN and various embassies.....and a lot of them offered me to apply there.....simple conversations can be an opportunity just waiting for us to uncover....

I just noticed that forum sites aren't that good a place to open up things like this unless they ask you questions....everyone has their own interpretations and most often, we create our own impression - which might not be true at all....

I just noticed that forum sites aren't that good a place to open up things like this unless they ask you questions....everyone has their own interpretations and most often, we create our own impression - which might not be true at all....
    Well its one of the purposes of forums like this, topic have people air their views whether good or bad, and for moderators to step in when someone crosses the line.

Now back to the topic... true its a good conversation piece like what you said you found out that some of your churchmates work in WHO, UN, etc. its indeed fun if you have some common ground with the person your talking with but I would be pissed of at someone who puts me down cuz he studied in ** school but accomplished nothing or if someone says he knows this and that but in reality he doesn't.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Not a bash, but just a question I don't understand...