New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yun 5,000 could also include lost of revenue incured during the repair of the taxi unit.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    have it repaired kahit sa hindi reputable repairshop and give him whatever he earns for a day. yes, your driver is not at fault even the taxi driver for that matter what we should also consider other factors such as...does your driver tailgate or isn't he using a cellphone while he's driving? so many variables...

I drive differently and more intently when im following any public utility vehicle.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How can the taxi not run without a bumper? Nung pinagawa ko yung bumper ng Starex (after an idiot in an L300 crashed into it), I just removed the old bumper and drove around while waiting for the new bumper. That way, walang downtime.

Assuming walang body damage, downtime should only have been limited to the time the taxi was not on the road (e.g. post crash, during the actual installation of the bumper). Even the bumper repainting can be done without the presence of the taxi unit.

Don't tell me nasa garahe ngayon ang taxi at hindi pinapayagang mag-biyahe ng operator hangga't hindi mo binibigay ang bumper. hahaha.

If you give him a bumper that's already painted. Mga 30 minutes lang (that's how long it takes for me to swap bumpers, sorry medyo mabagal) ang 'abala' mo sa kanya. Add mo na lang yung travel time niya to and from your meeting point.

Pictures would be nice.

If you need a jologs paintshop, punta ka lang sa VMA (it's one road away from Banawe) hanapin mo yung matandang kung tawagin ay Mang Louie. Diyan ko pinapintura rocker panel ko nung sumabit sa semento. Two hours lang tapos na. Hindi ko na nga pinatay yung makina. Of course the result is not show-car. But it works.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Practicality is not everyones cup of tea.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Straight answer:

- P5000 is too much for a replacement bumper.
    Fair price would be P3000 (max). This would include also the cost for
    the "abala," which is justified, considering the taxi driver's lost income
    opportunity.

NEVER drag the l"awyer angle" in simple traffic incidents like these. Bad strategy, and may lead to bad karma. Put yourself in his shoes. All he wants is to get this over and done with. A car without a bumper is an ugly sight, and illegal (but I have to check the LTO website on this). I wouldn't want to ride a taxi without a bumper, and I'm sure others wouldn't want it too. Marami namang ibang taxi dyan.

He quoted P5000, which is just a ploy, since he knows that you will haggle.

Hope everything turns out well.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Technically speaking, the only taxi to have bumpers were the Kia Pride and Daewoo Racer. Most vehicles in the local market are sold wearing only the hollow external bumper covers without the impact absorbing bumper structure underneath (honeycomb, styro, etc.). But that's nitpicking already.

Pero kung pumayag na sa Php3k, bayaran mo na, have the quit claim signed, and put the incident behind you. Wala pang abala on your part.
    Last edited by OTEP; November 17th, 2006 at 10:59 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Technically speaking, the only taxi to have bumpers were the Kia Pride and Daewoo Racer. Most vehicles in the local market are sold wearing only the hollow external bumper covers without the impact absorbing bumper structure underneath (honeycomb, styro, etc.). But that's nitpicking already.

Pero kung pumayag na sa Php3k, bayaran mo na, have the quit claim signed, and put the incident behind you. Wala pang abala on your part.
    P3,000 is, I think, fair and reasonable enough.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    *afrasay

Nope. My driver does not use the cellphone while driving and he knows better than to tailgate.

*Galactus

Not to put put down lawyers or anything but I reserve the use of lawyers for people who deserve it. Like I said, I don't intend to use my legal counsel for as long as he is reasonable. When he stops being reasonable, I let my lawyers do the talking for me.

*j_avonni, Otep, Galactus

You guys were on the money. I counter offered P3000 and he accepted. Hopefully we can settle everything tomorrow.

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baka nga tinaasan niya lang in anticipation for your haggling.

Dati kasi na-rear end ako sa Quezon Ave ng isang nanay na nagmamadali pumunta ng Philippine Science.

Siningil ko na nga lang ng half of the fair market value dahil may alam naman akong el cheapo painter (Php750 na nga lang kasi Php1,500 ang industry standard sa bumper refinishing noon circa 1998). Aba tinawaran pa din! hahaha.

We hope you will update us on the outcome of your meeting. Best of luck to you.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Ugh. Ran into a hitch.

I just got the police report and it shows a different name as the owner of the taxi involved in the incident. The person who called me up gave a different name. So now I am requesting the person whom I am dealing with to provide proof of ownership before I give him the check. (He had wanted cash.)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Need Your Opinion...