New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    *turbo,

Isn't that the dumping ground for carnapped vehicles? If so, pass ako. Don't want to help create the demand/market for carnapping. Still, thanks for the input.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    If you have insurance (VTPL-PD), it's better to refer the matter to your insurer. For third party damage, you shall not participate on the repair/replacement.

You will only participate on your car's damage.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    subukan nyo nga daanin sa diplomasya ,baka pwede pa bawasan ang asking price nila na 5000 Php

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    as much as possible do not give the cash. kung gusto ng replacement

ikaw na bumili ng surplus, ikaw na rin pumili ng talyer na gagawa.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    *BoEinG_747

Have been quite diplomatic about it. The guy seems reasonable. So I figure if there is no need to contact my legal counsel, why bother?

*xto

Actually I would prefer giving a fair cash compensation and then asking the taxi owner to sign a quit claim.

Buying the part, having it painted (if necessary) and having it installed just opens up a lot of possibilities for haggling.

That is why I would like to know what would be a fair price?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    *turbo,

Isn't that the dumping ground for carnapped vehicles? If so, pass ako. Don't want to help create the demand/market for carnapping. Still, thanks for the input.

AGREE.

Just PASS the problem on to your insurer para wala ka nang sakit ng ulo.
    Last edited by j_avonni; November 16th, 2006 at 06:59 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    The guy seems reasonable.
    Hate to say this, but that's exactly what I thought of the aggrieved party in my case. Looked smart and reasonable, was a bank executive, and a young woman to boot.

Pero nung hindi na nagkasundo sa presyo, ayun, lumabas ang tunay na ugali. Turns out she wasn't mature enough to face the situation as an adult, and let other people do the talking for her.

Instances like these are the sort of things you're paying your insurance for. Let them do their job.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; November 16th, 2006 at 07:26 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Unless everyone earns the same as everybody else, there will be no agreement which is right or fair compensation.

:fly:

Edit just haggle til both of you are satisfied.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    *Bogeyman

I hear you. For as long as the guy is reasonable, I owe it to him to settle the matter as fairly and as conveniently as possible. If he stops being reasonable, then that is the time I will refer the matter to our legal counsel.

*GasJunkie

I beg to disagree. We are talking about compensation only for actual damages not including perceived damages arising out of loss of compensation, etc. There is an acceptable range of market value for the replacement part, any painting if necessary, and installation.

I am trying to determine the median or average, which I believe should be fair. Anyone?

Thanks.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Then you should be asking your local repair shop.

:fly:

Edit perception might be different on the aggrieved party.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Need Your Opinion...