New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Exactly. Which is why architect needs an objective appraisal of the damage from a disinterested party.

*tama, sa Insurance nyo na lang idaaan bro, sure makabigay sila ng advise at solusyon..goodluck!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    how much ba oem rear bumper ng '97 sentra.
    kung bumper lang talaga, mataas yung 5K, IMO.
    then again, di ko alam exact extent ng damage.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by GasJunkie View Post
    Then you should be asking your local repair shop.

Edit perception might be different on the aggrieved party.
    Was going to reply but I guess bogeyman replied for me. (Thanks.)

Basically I doubt very much if the taxi owner will not perceive a quote from my regular shop to be undervalued in the same way I will naturally be inclined to regard a quote from his repair shop to be inflated. It is just human nature.

On the other hand, the tsikot community has shown time and again to be fair when it comes to issues like this. There have even been instances in which the community censured a member when it believed the member has committed an offense. So, I am quite confident I should be able to get a fair value from the exchanges here.

I intend to refer the other party to this forum and to see for himself. I believe he will see the fairness in all this. Kind of like arbitration court except less informal and a lot more cost-effective.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When my dad rear ended a taxi in his Benz, my dad just 'rebent' the bumper back to shape and off they went. Of course, my dad also knows his way around cars so alam niya kung pano dukutin yung bumper at ibalik sa ayos. hehehe.

The Benz was undamaged.

Repainting a bumper for the sake of having color on it (not for a showcar or anything similar) costs around Php1,500.00.

You can try buying a surplus bumper in Banawe or Capalangan and having it repainted. It'll probably be significantly less than the Php5k the taxi guy wants.

Btw, a straight (unbent) original surplus bumper is better than a new 'replacement' (Taiwan) bumper. Hindi maganda ang latag ng pintura sa Taiwan bumper. Sometimes the holes don't line up.
    Last edited by OTEP; November 17th, 2006 at 01:36 AM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Exactly. Which is why architect needs an objective appraisal of the damage from a disinterested party.
    from the posts of architect, he wants us tsikoteers (disinterested party) to give him a fair value for the damage. but without any picture to show the extent of the damage, how can someone make an objective appraisal? we're just all going to speculate about the cost of repair.

mahirap yatang mag investigate at magbigay ng wise decision kung wala tayong reference...my 2 centavos.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by BoEinG_747 View Post
    subukan nyo nga daanin sa diplomasya ,baka pwede pa bawasan ang asking price nila na 5000 Php
    korek. yan naman ang suggestion ko nung una pa eh malay ni architect pumayag ng kalahati o di tapos ang usapan.

pangalawa, korek din si lolo pepe, "..but without any picture to show the extent of the damage, how can someone make an objective appraisal? we're just all going to speculate about the cost of repair...
    mahirap yatang mag investigate at magbigay ng wise decision kung wala tayong reference...my 2 centavos."

pangatlo, it's not only the actual cost of the bumper that we hv to take into account, isama mo na yung "abala".... the time and effort and gaso na makukunsumo going from shop to shop kung saan mas mura, and that means less quality time para sa mas importante mo pang mga gawain at pangangailangan.

hndi naman yan talong sa palengke na prepresyuhan mo ng por kilo. kasama sa babayaran dyan yung abala for both parties.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lolo pepe View Post
    from the posts of architect, he wants us tsikoteers (disinterested party) to give him a fair value for the damage. but without any picture to show the extent of the damage, how can someone make an objective appraisal? we're just all going to speculate about the cost of repair.

mahirap yatang mag investigate at magbigay ng wise decision kung wala tayong reference...my 2 centavos.

Word!!!!! \m/_ _\m/

:fly:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Speculation is my favorite pastime.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    *109, lolo pepe

I agree photos would be useful. However since the taxi owner basically wants the bumper replaced, and I don't have any objection to that, the issue is basically the price. Or am I missing something?

Considering that the accident was triggered by the irresponsibility of another driver who fled the scene, as attested by several witnesses, I think I am already being fair in offering to shoulder the physical damages of the taxi. I actually can choose to let our legal counsel contest any claims since they are already on monthly retainer. Yet I chose to attend to this matter personally to avoid having the taxi owner deal with the lawyers. The point is that both parties are obviously inconvenienced by the whole thing but we just have to live with it.

Update: The taxi owner called me up just now and reiterated he wanted P5000. I told him that P5000 is too high. (So far, I have learned that a brand new replacement bumper in Banawe costs P2000 plus P300 installation.) And that if he insisted, then we just go ahead and file an insurance claim.

Then he told me if we go that route, he would demand payment for lost of income since he can not operate the taxi until it is repaired. I told him my insurance does not cover that. If he wants to do that, I will just refer the matter to our legal counsel.

So he backtracked and said he will be willing to have the damage estimated at a repair shop of my choice. So does anyone know a reputable and reliable repair shop in the San Juan/Mandaluyong area?

Thanks for all your inputs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Need Your Opinion...