New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    My driver rear-ended a taxi earlier this morning. The taxi had to brake abruptly to avoid a speeding car that was counter-flowing in the opposite direction. Unfortunately my driver wasn't able to stop on time. Witnesses failed to get the license plate of the third car. So I guess we are left to shoulder the damages (big dent in rear bumper).

The taxi is a 1997 Nissan Sentra Series 3. The owner says he wants to replace the bumper and estimates that it will cost him P5000 including installation, painting, and labor.

Question is is this a fair deal?

Would really appreciate expert or knowledgeable opinions re this matter.

TIA.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    My driver rear-ended a taxi earlier this morning. The taxi had to brake abruptly to avoid a speeding car that was counter-flowing in the opposite direction. Unfortunately my driver wasn't able to stop on time. Witnesses failed to get the license plate of the third car. So I guess we are left to shoulder the damages (big dent in rear bumper).

The taxi is a 1997 Nissan Sentra Series 3. The owner says he wants to replace the bumper and estimates that it will cost him P5000 including installation, painting, and labor.

Question is is this a fair deal?

Would really appreciate expert or knowledgeable opinions re this matter.

TIA.
    big dent lang, papalitan na? di kaya sa PDR or pukpok? before ba ma rear end, maganda pa bumper nya? baka it just gives him an excuse to replace it at your expense. pictures sana would be helpful.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    kung malaki talaga ang dent, kelangan replacement. kung ako yung me ari ng nabangga hindi ako papayag na hindi replacement hehe. pero kung maganda ang nakabangga, pwedeng daanin sa "usapan"

tawaran mo na lang bro, para walang nang abala, hassle kasi pag tinatawagan ka lagi.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    WORD on the post above.

:fly:

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    *happy_gilmore,

Sorry I don't have any available photos. My driver just reported the accident to me.

Actually I agree it is within the taxi owner's perogative to demand a replacement, regardless of the aesthetic state of the car. What I want to ensure is that it is a fair deal to all concerned.

Hence, I am soliciting opinions. It is my hope that I can use the collective (constructive) posts here to form some kind of consensus. Then I can refer the taxi owner to this forum and let him read everything. Hopefully we will come to an amicable settlement.

Thanks again.

6. FrankDrebin Guest
    Baka napunit yung rear plastic bumper kaya humirit ng replacement yung operator. How about a surplus bumper?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    According to my driver, the bumper merely dented but it is a big dent right in the middle. Considering that the only thing that happened to my CRV was a bent license plate and some light scratches on top of the front bumper, I am inclined to believe, without the benefit of actually seeing the taxi or photos, that the damage is pretty much limited to the bumper.

Given that the car in question is 9 years old and a taxi unit, would the taxi owner be justified in asking for a brand new bumper replacement? I guess it is his perogative, but is it fair?

All I am interested in is in coming up with an amount that I will find it fair and will have no any qualms paying the other party.

Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    May insurance bang involved, either sa iyo or dun sa taxi? Kung may insurance siya, pwedeng mag-alok ka na babayaran na lang yung participation fee niya for the repairs. Kung ikaw ang meron, you can have the taxi serviced through your insurance company's accredited shops.

Sa case ko, nakabangga din ako ng oto. Wala siyang insurance, ako meron, so I offered to have the car repaired through my insurance's accredited shops; may free pick-up and delivery pa yun sa bahay niya. Ayaw nung kabilang partido, gusto nila sa shop nila ang repairs, which gave them a higher quote than the one quoted by my company, and they wanted me to assume the balance. Since ang usapan namin, insurance ko ang sasagot at yun lang talaga ang kaya kong ibigay, hindi ako pumayag. Hinarass pa ako ng officemate niya at tatay niya (kuno) sa telepono; lalong hindi ako pumayag sa gusto nilang mangyari. In the end, bumigay din siya, kinuha na lang yung amount na inalok ng insurance ko. Hindi naman sa pagmamalaki, pero kung ibang driver yung nakadale sa kanya, malamang tinakbuhan lang siya.

Kung pareho kayong walang insurance, medyo mahirap yan. Better have the repair cost estimated by an impartial third party.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; November 16th, 2006 at 04:18 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    * Bogeyman,

I have insurance. I am assuming the taxi has insurance also.

But my feeling is the amount involved will not be covered by my deductible (or participation fee), so I might as well not involve the insurance company.

Of course, if what turns out to be the fair amount is way much higher than my participation fee, then I will let the insurance company cover it.

As for harassment, I really wouldn't worry about that. Besides, I am dealing in good faith with every intention to pay a fair price for the damage.

Thanks.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Punta ka sa Capalangan, 1k lang ang bumper, pinturado na at makinis.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Need Your Opinion...