New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    On our way back from Baguio our Pregio's right rear tire exploded and failed. Pulled over and replaced it. This was somewhere in Urdaneta if memory serves.

Also had a discharged battery due to leaving the lights on.

Nothing since then, though. *crosses fingers*

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Back in 2000, I was driving a U-haul truck and towing a minivan, 300 miles between California and Arizona the truck started hicupping and gasping, then the engine died I was forced to pullover to the side of the road using what's left of the momentum. Katangahan ko kasi I failed to fill-up gas, it was past midnight in a dark deserted road, and in the distance we could see lights and an establishment out in the field.
    To make the long story short, we drove the minivan to the nearest gas station, bought some gas and filled-up the truck. As we were about to proceed with our trip we noticed a sign that says: "No Stopping, Hitchhikers may be escaping convicts", Yikes! Federal penitentiary pala 'yung nakita namin.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    back when i was driving our suzuki super carry. e medyo luma na..

while i was cruising just right in front of philcomcen building, the car suddenly conked out. so i tried to restart it. *click* uh.oh. lumuluwag kasi ang battery nito kaya ganun..and i was driving alone. wala pa akong kamuwang-muwang sa kotse nun..then suddenly, two mmda guys approached and said: "sir, obstruction po kayo sa daan." ako naman: "anaknamp itong dalawang ito imbes na tulungan ako titikitan pa ako." so with my lightning quick reflexes, i jumped out of the car, opened the battery access (the battery of the car is located below the 2nd row seats) , fixed the loose connection, fired her up, and away i go.

still remembered the look on the faces of those two mmda guys. gulat na gulat sila sa bilis ng pangyayari.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    recently lang. nasiraan pa ko along nlex. sad part is hindi authorized mag tow ang wheelers club along nlex. AAP lang daw ang pwede. in other words, i paid P995 for the towing service to the nearest exit. buti na lang dun lang ako sa valenzuela exit. kungdi additional P65/km in excess. which made me think, dapat pa ba akong mag avail ng AAP membership?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Last year April 4, 2007 Huwebes Santo, We're on our way to Legaspi City para mamanhikan using the VW Caravelle then when we reach Sariaya Quezon biglang bumigay yung Damper/main pulley nung engine then naputol na din fanbelt. Nag overnight stay yung parents ko kasama 1 kong brother and sister, and GF dun na din sa area na tumirik yung van, ako naman balik ng Manila galing Sariaya to get the parts. Buti na lang may mabait na mag asawa na may ari ng Funeral Parlor malapit dun mismo sa pinagtirikan. Tumulong naman sila and they offered their CR para may magamit parents ko and GF ko.

Kinabukasan April 5, 2007, At first akala namin fan belt lang, then when I got the fan belt here in Manila,balik ako agad ng Sariaya. Nung ikabit yung fan belt na discover namin na yung damper pulley yung nasira. I asked my brother na bumalik ng Nueva Ecija to get the Sentra para matuloy pamamanhikan ko . Then nung umuwi na siya ng Nueva Ecija, I drove the van back to my aunt's house sa Pacita. Grabe bigat ng manibela dahil alang power steering because of the belt . Then yung brother ko nakabalik ng Pacita 9pm na ng April 5, 2007. We leave Pacita at 11pm ng April 5 going to Legaspi City. We arrived in Legaspi at lunchtime na dahil dami stop over, First time ng parents ko pumunta ng Bicol.

Di ko malilimutan yang experience na yan. Eto, kasal na kami ni Missis ngayon, nung January 5, 2008.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Yup,, naputol timing belt,, since wala ko dala spare pinabatak ko sa tatay ung auto,, at nagtanggal pa kmi ng bmper kasi di pwede hilain ng nakakbit bumper my chin kasi bumper ko 3inch

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    flat tire maraming beses na

but i have one car trouble na unforgetable when i borrowed the 1985 MB190e ng father ko kasi i have a date with my gf at that time, nung pauwi na kami she ask me to look for chowking to buy chitcharap then we go to san jaoquin pasig, after bumili the engine wont start na battery failure para maiuwi nag jump start ako, buti n alang marunong ang gf ko magdrive so i instructed her what to do in jump start, kakahiya lang kasi madaming tao sa chowking at mercedez pa ang gamit ko, wheew... mb na ang engine is D2 meaning D2lak hehehehe

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sa awa ng diyos di pa naman so far. I have been driving for 10 years na (I don't know if that's long enough) and so far di pa naman ako natirikan, namatayan, or na flat tire. I guess maalaga lang ako sa kotse ko. Siguro pinaka worse na nagyari sakin dati baha pinatulak ko kotse ko pero pinatay ko makina at iniwan sa neutral. Di naman tumirik pag lampas dun sa baha area

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    yah... gamit ko yung dating bulok naming car.. 89 mitsu lancer glxi..butas pala radiator.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've been driving for 22 years, and have had my vehicle break down three-and-a-half times.

The first time was in 1986, on my first year of driving, when I knew nothing about vehicle maintenance. The car was a VW Beetle, and as I was crossing EDSA going to East Avenue, there was a sudden heavy downpour, and the Bug just died in the middle of East Ave.

That's the first (and last) time I was introduced to the wonderful character known as the "ignition coil mechanic." Being naive and clueless, I accepted his offer to try to fix my stalled engine. After tinkering for a minute or two, he declared that my ignition coil was shot to heck, and that luckily, he just happened to have a spare unit. Eh di bili naman ako... yung masama pa nito, hindi ko kinuha yung "dead" na ignition coil ko, iniwan ko na sa kanya at sabi ko na pakitapon na lang

That was the impetus I needed to start learning more about vehicle troubleshooting.

The second time I had car trouble was in 1999 when I borrowed my sister's 1992 Corolla DLX for a trip to Tarlac. It was already 6 p.m., and we were on NLEX on our way back to Quezon City, when I noticed the temperature gauge needle rapidly inching its way up.

I pulled over and let the engine cool off for a few minutes, before I removed the radiator cap and tried refilling the radiator with our spare water. After a few kilometers, the temp gauge was in the red zone again, so I stopped again and refilled the radiator. By this time, we were out of water, and my two kids (aged 3 and 1) were getting very irritated because of the delays.

We eventually got to Valenzuela before the radiator ran out of water again, and so I had to climb over the perimeter fence of NLEX to ask for water from the residents there.

I managed to exit the expressway and make it to a gas station, where I loaded up on lots of water, and we managed to get home in one piece.

Note to self: Before borrowing your sibling's car, make sure it is in good working condition

The next dramatic bit of car trouble came when we went to Batangas in a singkit Lancer GLXi, which was the first second-hand car my wife and I bought with our own money.

Pabalik na kami ng Quezon City uli nung biglang nawalan ng power ang makina. I was flooring the accelerator in first gear and the car was barely moving. Ganito pala ang pakiramdam ng kailangan ng engine overhaul.

We succeeded in crawling back to QC and getting the sedan to the mechanic, which is another horror story in itself.

The latest misadventure we had was when our 2002 Sedona suffered from a broken shifter cable while we were between Urdaneta and Villasis, Pangasinan. This was around 2 years ago, I think. The shift stick was stuck in 3rd gear, and as a testament to the pulling power of Kia's J3 engine, I was able to reach Carmen, in stop and go traffic, in 3rd gear, without having the engine die.

By this time, immune na kami ni misis sa problema sa sasakyan --we realize that vehicles are mechanical devices that will break down sooner or later due to frequent use.

Thus, there were no more dramatic outbursts or tense moments. My wife simply hopped on a bus en route to Tarlac when we got to Carmen, and I tried to find spare parts with the help of the mechanic at Caltex Carmen.

Unfortunately, I had to have the van towed to Kia Pangasinan in Calasiao because trying to find spare parts for a Sedona in the province is often an exercise in futility

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Nakaranas na ba kayo ng nasiraan o tumirik sa daan?