New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    cost... di hamak mas mahal ang mag underground station kesa sa elevated...
    That's what I'm banging on about, actually - there was TOO MUCH cost cutting sa MRT. The layout of most of the stations do not make sense. Why do I have to climb an overpass *above* to get to the other side? Why are the Ayala station platforms tiny (that station is very busy)! I can go on and on (like why are the windows and the turnstiles layed out in such a way that queues block the turnstiles). LRT2 pretty much get it right (I concede that it did take forever to finish though).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    OT:

Answer: Because them "alta de sociedad" folks who live in the posh villages along that stretch did not want the train to pass overhead because people would see their houses. According to them, they only have the security of their village in mind - people who ride the MRT (if the track on that stretch would be an overhead track) might hatch an idea to "do their homes harm".

In Tagalog, sila ay natakot kase baka daw pag isipan nakawan o kaya gawan sila ng masama. I'm not making this up - this is true. AFAIK, they even filed case in court against constructing the Buendia-Ayala stretch of the MRT as an overhead section and against the same stretch being on ground level - and they won.

Their...their...."concern" actually delayed the construction of the railway by nearly a year.
    ang labo din ng logic nila. pano naman yung mga dumadaan sa mga flyovers dyan, nakikita rin naman yung village nila from the flyovers. pwede pa nga huminto sa taas yung car para mas ma-survey nila yung loob ng village, e yung sa mrt hindi naman humihinto sa tapat ng villages nila.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    ang labo din ng logic nila. pano naman yung mga dumadaan sa mga flyovers dyan, nakikita rin naman yung village nila from the flyovers. pwede pa nga huminto sa taas yung car para mas ma-survey nila yung loob ng village, e yung sa mrt hindi naman humihinto sa tapat ng villages nila.
    Well, these are the same people who simply HAVE to have their kids picked up directly in front of the gate of a private school... baka makidnap/maholdapan/marape/madapa/madapuan ng langaw eh.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehe, sama mo na yung reroute ng ortigas track dahil mababara yung statue ng virgin mary hehe.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuzoom View Post
    Hindi Handicap friendly ang lahat na stations
    so true. and to think we do have the Magna Carta for persons with disabilities that they should have followed.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
MRT vs. MTR