New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Lavender station?????

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    My apologies if I declared our MRT as the worst. Perhaps may bias nga ako sa home country. Hehe

So far I've only rode railways on Germany, Singapore, and in the US (US during non-rush hours lang). Kaya nadeclare ko ung MRT natin as the worst eh thru own opinion lang. Sorry po uli.

Still, shocking to know about India's railway... 0_0

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemon View Post
    Singpore's rail system ay OK din. Squeaky clean, on-time ang dating ng mga trains medyo nag-aamoy curry nga lang sa loob pag dating sa certain station.
    That's on ordinary days. Try catching the SMRT on an Indian holiday like Deepavali. hehehe... Teka last week lang yun ah. Anyone in Singapore who would like to share that experience?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_raon14 View Post
    My apologies if I declared our MRT as the worst. Perhaps may bias nga ako sa home country. Hehe
    Well the EDSA MRT really is terrible! I mean the layout of the stations and actually of the thing itself doesn't make a lot of sense... for example why are Ayala and Buendia stations "sunken" but aren't actually underground?! Even the LRT1 is better at this. LRT2 maganda siyempre napaka-efficient ng layout ng stations (get past the turnstiles THEN pick which direction you're heading).

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hindi Handicap friendly ang lahat na stations

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    OT:

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    for example why are Ayala and Buendia stations "sunken" but aren't actually underground?!
    Answer: Because them "alta de sociedad" folks who live in the posh villages along that stretch did not want the train to pass overhead because people would see their houses. According to them, they only have the security of their village in mind - people who ride the MRT (if the track on that stretch would be an overhead track) might hatch an idea to "do their homes harm".

In Tagalog, sila ay natakot kase baka daw pag isipan nakawan o kaya gawan sila ng masama. I'm not making this up - this is true. AFAIK, they even filed case in court against constructing the Buendia-Ayala stretch of the MRT as an overhead section and against the same stretch being on ground level - and they won.

Their...their...."concern" actually delayed the construction of the railway by nearly a year.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    damn rich folks

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Faux poor FTW

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    OT:

Answer: Because them "alta de sociedad" folks who live in the posh villages along that stretch did not want the train to pass overhead because people would see their houses. According to them, they only have the security of their village in mind - people who ride the MRT (if the track on that stretch would be an overhead track) might hatch an idea to "do their homes harm".

In Tagalog, sila ay natakot kase baka daw pag isipan nakawan o kaya gawan sila ng masama. I'm not making this up - this is true. AFAIK, they even filed case in court against constructing the Buendia-Ayala stretch of the MRT as an overhead section and against the same stretch being on ground level - and they won.

Their...their...."concern" actually delayed the construction of the railway by nearly a year.
    Alam ko. Ang punto eh bakit hindi na nila ginawang proper subway, ala Katipunan station?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cost... di hamak mas mahal ang mag underground station kesa sa elevated...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
MRT vs. MTR