New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    One of our managers and her husband who is also a manager in another multinational company resigned recently, packed their things and flew to Vancouver with their kids.... Tough decision but there is no looking back from them.....

18.8k:dance1:

2. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    To those that say that 70k is enough for a family with 3 kids growing up, plus maybe a one car household, can you guys state your monthly nut? With looming school tuitions and future college savings, housing (unless you are still living with your parents), daily food, and transport cost, 70k is pushing it for a family of five,

If you are single and have no expenses, 70k is more than enough...but with family in tow, a blooming career (which requires a higher standard of living), I'm not sure it's sufficient.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007

He won't go to USA.
    On his mountain he would stay.
    He doesn't care what people say.
    He won't go to USA.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Even without any outstanding loan for a car and a house, 70k be barely enough for my family with 2 elementary kids.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    70k is what you would pay in monthly amortization for a P5M house over 7 years at today's current interest rates after a 20% down payment.
    so wala nang kain-kain pag may utang ka sa bank.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    70K for me is enough, not that big, but enough for a decent living. Depends on how disciplined you are in spending and saving. I would think twice in migrating to US. Of course, when we look at the FB wall posts of our friends in the US, you'd get the impression that they are in nirvana.

My cousin who lives in the US was laid off, and still struggling, but it was her long-time dream to be a US citizen, so now she's very very happy. Like what others said here, follow your dreams.

But I like that the TS is bringing his entire family, if ever. For me, that's way better than you going there alone and leaving your family in the Phils.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Balikpinoy View Post
    To those that say that 70k is enough for a family with 3 kids growing up, plus maybe a one car household, can you guys state your monthly nut? With looming school tuitions and future college savings, housing (unless you are still living with your parents), daily food, and transport cost, 70k is pushing it for a family of five,

If you are single and have no expenses, 70k is more than enough...but with family in tow, a blooming career (which requires a higher standard of living), I'm not sure it's sufficient.
    Like I said, 70k is enough but it depends on how you live your life. Give that 70k to the people living for just php200 a day and it will make them survive for almost a year. Take note that most of these people also has a minimum of 3 kids. But if you spend 15k on monthly rent, another 15k for car amortization, another 15k for food, 10k for utilities, and 30k for education... then you still need 15k to make both ends meet.

Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    70k is what you would pay in monthly amortization for a P5M house over 7 years at today's current interest rates after a 20% down payment.
    so wala nang kain-kain pag may utang ka sa bank.
    precisely, if you live a luxurious life then don't expect 70k to be enough.
    Last edited by stickers; April 20th, 2013 at 05:12 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    bro, if you are having a close-knit family bond sa atin better stay put. daming mga pinoy na gustong-gusto umuwi every year or 2-yrs but can't do it coz they can't afford. re:70k per month... as others say it's really enough but always depend on family lifestyle. kung puro SC ang nasa isip, kahit doblehin mo pa yan ay kulang na kulang pa din!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    have you decided Zenon?

kung risk taker ka, then go

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Balikpinoy View Post

Depende kasi sa location mo yan bro. Standard of living ika nga. Kung mega-city, parang sakto lang nga.

*Gumusut_amige: tama ka dyan bro. Family bond, weekly gimmick with childhood friends, relatives etc are just so unbelievable happy so mahirap tapatan ng pera yan.
    Last edited by Ry_Tower; April 20th, 2013 at 06:57 PM.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast