New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hi tsikoteers,

I need an honest opinion from you guys... I have a chance to migrate to the U.S. but since the economic situation and unemployment rate are not good I'm having a second thought kung tutuloy ako or hindi. Hindi naman sa nagmamayabang ako but I am making a net income of 70K a month (deducted na po ang income tax).. If you are in my shoes are you going to migrate to the U.S.? My wife works in the bank and we have 3 kids (in grade schoool). Would you think it is advisable to just stay here and live a simple life. Any information that you can share will be appreciated. Hindi kami kasi makapag decide. Salamat po.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    halos parehas tayo. isa lang anak ko.
    lahat na ata ng lahi ko nasa tate na.
    mga peyrents ko sala sa init sala sa lamig. "bilisan niyo ng pumunta rito!"
    nung isang minsan naman
    "pagbutihan niyo nalang diyan. bagsak na ekonomiya dito wala kayong maasahang trabaho.. blah-blah-blah".
    ewan.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Tough choice, bro.

We made the same one some 15 years ago, and then another, some 10 years ago. (In both cases, work then was waiting for us there)...

Never regretted our decision.

Pray bro. for your decision.

Good luck!

18.8K:dance1:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Ang laki ng sweldo mo sir TS. Anyway, i hope our tsikoters from tate could shed light on this and give their insights.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by zenon View Post
    Hi tsikoteers,

I need an honest opinion from you guys... I have a chance to migrate to the U.S. but since the economic situation and unemployment rate are not good I'm having a second thought kung tutuloy ako or hindi. Hindi naman sa nagmamayabang ako but I am making a net income of 70K a month (deducted na po ang income tax).. If you are in my shoes are you going to migrate to the U.S.? My wife works in the bank and we have 3 kids (in grade schoool). Would you think it is advisable to just stay here and live a simple life. Any information that you can share will be appreciated. Hindi kami kasi makapag decide. Salamat po.
    What line of work are you in? My parents faced the same decision back in 1982 and they decided to immigrate to the US. My dad was already Vice President of an insurance company here in Manila and his first job in the US was a bookkeeper.

Looking back, it was the best decision they made for their kids, 3 of us (15,14,9!yrs old).

PM me if you want more advice.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala namang makakapagsabi kung kelan babangon ang ekonomya ng US, o kung kelan babagsak ang ekonomya ng Pilipinas, in that matter.

pero kung ako ikaw, dito muna ako sa Pilipinas.... wala kang aabutan ngayon sa US.
    siguro you can think about that again after 5 years.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    May friend din ako sa ganyan situation dati, nag migrate at may sure employer, pero pag kalipas ng Isang taon, nagkaron ng massive lay off ng worker yung company, nadamay sya. Di sya makabalik dito ngayon kasi wala na yung dati nya position. Buti may kamaganak na tutulong sa kanya don.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    wala namang makakapagsabi kung kelan babangon ang ekonomya ng US, o kung kelan babagsak ang ekonomya ng Pilipinas, in that matter.

pero kung ako ikaw, dito muna ako sa Pilipinas.... wala kang aabutan ngayon sa US.
    siguro you can think about that again after 5 years.
    This might be true but if you have no skills and no papers. But if you have skills, esp. In IT, then there are numerous opportunities in the US. Heck, forget about working...start a new business in the US if you can.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by zenon View Post
    Hi tsikoteers,

do you have any relatives there? have you lived outside the country for any extended period of time before? what line of work are you in. and, lastly, how old are you?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kung sweldo lang ang pag uusapan madami mga mas malaki ang sweldo nag migrate parin sa States, Canada, etc. yung iba may business pa

it's no longer about money. it's coz they wanna leave the 3rd world. the incompetence of 3rd world govt

they wanna be taken care of by competent govt. they wanna be in a country where human life has higher value

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast