New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    2 persons, no rent or mortgage, car fully paid, medical costs all provided by social security/military. hope they don't get a flat tire.
    None of the houses on our subdivision are older than 1999. I'm sure the majority of homeowners (including us) are on a 30-year mortgage. Those (senior) retirees have to be paying a mortgage still.

Many military retirees get disability in addition to their retirement pension. It depends on the medical conditions that accumulated during their time in service and how severe they were. Their real annual retirement income is closer to $45k a year gross plus disability does not get taxed. Only the retirement pension gets taxed. Add Social Security to those old enough to get it and their annual income jumps to over $50k a year.

Speaking of flat tires..... My wife's Rogue got a flat today after running over a nail. Good thing it was near the Firestone shop where she bought the tires. They repaired it free of charge as part of the lifetime warranty.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 14th, 2017 at 10:57 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Anong araw pinaka maluwag ang traffic sa area ng Ermita?

I need to go to St Luke's Extension Clinic in J Bocobo street. I have to be there before 6 am but I'll probably finish in the afternoon and I really dread the traffic going home

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post

I need to go to St Luke's Extension Clinic in J Bocobo street. I have to be there before 6 am but I'll probably finish in the afternoon and I really dread the traffic going home
    Anung araw? Sunday [emoji16]

Going for a sputum test? Just did mine two months ago. Just get a grab and don’t bring a car. Mahirap mag-park dun. If ever you really need to, you can park at Robinsons Place and walk a few blocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    Anung araw? Sunday [emoji16]

Going for a sputum test? Just did mine two months ago. Just get a grab and don’t bring a car. Mahirap mag-park dun. If ever you really need to, you can park at Robinsons Place and walk a few blocks.

TB test nga! hahaha! And some other exams. Ang mahal ng charge nila And I think I have to go back the next day.

Kahit 6 am walang parking? I'll ask to be dropped off na lang pero baka sarado pa Robinson's at 6 am.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    TB test nga! hahaha! And some other exams. Ang mahal ng charge nila And I think I have to go back the next day.

Kahit 6 am walang parking? I'll ask to be dropped off na lang pero baka sarado pa Robinson's at 6 am.
    I think if you arrive at 6am there may still be some slots left. There is a public parking just next to St Lukes Bocobo. On my 2nd day i ran out of parking because i arrived late (7am) i ended up parking at Robinsons Place and just walked to Bocobo st. On my 3rd day, nag grab na lang ako.

I hope you’re not sensitive because you will see and hear people gagging trying to expel phlegm. Almost threw up on my 1st day. But on the 2nd & 3rd, Expert na [emoji41] (sa pag expel ng plema) LOL

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Wow! Aalis na si tita cathy. Punta na US!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006

Required ba na sputum test?

There’s a better and easier way now... through blood test. They have quantiferon tb gold in St. Lukes. Though I’m not sure kung magkano.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I think if you arrive at 6am there may still be some slots left. There is a public parking just next to St Lukes Bocobo. On my 2nd day i ran out of parking because i arrived late (7am) i ended up parking at Robinsons Place and just walked to Bocobo st. On my 3rd day, nag grab na lang ako.

I hope you’re not sensitive because you will see and hear people gagging trying to expel phlegm. Almost threw up on my 1st day. But on the 2nd & 3rd, Expert na [emoji41] (sa pag expel ng plema) LOL

What day did you go? Embassy requirement din ba sayo? I hope I don't have to do the sputum exam because I really dread doing these medical exams. But what I hate more is having to wait and I don't know how on earth will I be able to wake up at 4 am so I could be there by 5 am. Marami bang tao?

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Wow! Aalis na si tita cathy. Punta na US!

Kailangan mapasaakin si crush bago ako umalis! hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by kabute13 View Post
    Required ba na sputum test?

There’s a better and easier way now... through blood test. They have quantiferon tb gold in St. Lukes. Though I’m not sure kung magkano.
    17,025 yung fee for the medical exam and it has to be paid in cash (don't know why they can't accept card, saying points at free Jollibee)

Physical Examination - Required for all applicants, regardless of age
    ◾Interferon Gamma Release Assay (IGRA) Test - Required for applicants 2-14 years of age
    ◾Chest X-ray (CXR) - Required for all adult applicants aged 15 and above, or children who had exposure to TB Cases or history of TB disease
    ◾Syphilis Test - Required for applicants 15 years old and above
    ◾Gonorrhea Test - Required for applicants 15 years old and above

I told my Mom I will NOT agree to a pap smear. They should not do that to unmarried women

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What day did you go? Embassy requirement din ba sayo? I hope I don't have to do the sputum exam because I really dread doing these medical exams. But what I hate more is having to wait and I don't know how on earth will I be able to wake up at 4 am so I could be there by 5 am. Marami bang tao?

Kailangan mapasaakin si crush bago ako umalis! hahaha!

17,025 yung fee for the medical exam and it has to be paid in cash (don't know why they can't accept card, saying points at free Jollibee)

Physical Examination - Required for all applicants, regardless of age
    [emoji828]Interferon Gamma Release Assay (IGRA) Test - Required for applicants 2-14 years of age
    [emoji828]Chest X-ray (CXR) - Required for all adult applicants aged 15 and above, or children who had exposure to TB Cases or history of TB disease
    [emoji828]Syphilis Test - Required for applicants 15 years old and above
    [emoji828]Gonorrhea Test - Required for applicants 15 years old and above

I told my Mom I will NOT agree to a pap smear. They should not do that to unmarried women
    Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday yung appointment ko. 6-8am... first day is the hardest to wake up, the next days it will be easier [emoji4]

Required ng embassy sa akin, chest xray & sputum culture lang. but the amount i paid is 13k.

In your case looks like you will be there the whole day. But i think sa 2nd & 3rd day mo maaga ka na makakauwi. And yes, madaming tao, but usually sa hapon na.

Bring a book, Top-up your power bank. Anything to help you pass the time.

There is a cozy cafe near to St Lukes Bocobo, “One Kilometer Cafe” i always have my breakfast there after I’m finished.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday yung appointment ko. 6-8am... first day is the hardest to wake up, the next days it will be easier [emoji4]

Required ng embassy sa akin, chest xray & sputum culture lang. but the amount i paid is 13k.

In your case looks like you will be there the whole day. But i think sa 2nd & 3rd day mo maaga ka na makakauwi. And yes, madaming tao, but usually sa hapon na.

Bring a book, Top-up your power bank. Anything to help you pass the time.

There is a cozy cafe near to St Lukes Bocobo, “One Kilometer Cafe” i always have my breakfast there after I’m finished.

I don't have an appointment, first come first serve and they will allow people in at 4:30 am but they open at 6 am. What a nightmare

Also, I don't understand why they can't do everything in one day. Yung employee medical exam namin less than 2 hrs and it has physical exam, blood exam, chest xray and ecg :P

Are you going to migrate also? I suppose either AU, NZ or Canada, Thanks for the tip on the restaurant.

Siguro naman walang traffic at 4:30 am

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast