New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Target ko pa naman <400kWh. Sayang.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    sayang half lang kami ng 500 eh. alam ko ganito na rin sa US eh, kaya nagdedevelop sila ng appliances na may clock, like for example ref na nag-a-autodefrost lang pag off peak since malakas sa kuryente ang defrost.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

For residential,- to qualify, you have to be >500KW-Hr per month.

During the TOU peak hours, is the rate of electricity the same or more expensive than the rate of electricity for regular subscribers?...

I am asking this to assess the chance that the TOU subscriber would end up paying more than the regular subscriber, given that there is no change in his schedule/habit on electricity usage.

17.1K:chop:
    Up ko lang, hoping someone could answer this, based on his/her experience of running TOU for a few months....

I am planning to apply for TOU,- and I am doing my benchmarking and due diligence.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    mag inquire nga ako, since one of our business operates 7 days a week. maganda ito kasi every sunday, 6pm-8pm lang ang considered Peak hours

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Up ko lang, hoping someone could answer this, based on his/her experience of running TOU for a few months....

I am planning to apply for TOU,- and I am doing my benchmarking and due diligence.

IIRC, for peak times, TOU rate is higher by around 1 peso per kwhr. So if your electrical load is concentrated during the peak hours and cant be moved to offpeak, you may end up paying more.

TOU worked for me bec I run a 1.5 and a 2 hp aircon at night. We dont run the AC in the morning since we are out.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    IIRC, for peak times, TOU rate is higher by around 1 peso per kwhr. So if your electrical load is concentrated during the peak hours and cant be moved to offpeak, you may end up paying more.

TOU worked for me bec I run a 1.5 and a 2 hp aircon at night. We dont run the AC in the morning since we are out.
    Ha? its higher by 1 peso on peak times? Nge, i may not save at all if that is the case

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post

Thanks for the information bro.

Yes, we run our AC units at night... I-delay ko na lang siguro ang pag turn-on, to 9PM...

Also, our daily washing,- i advance na lang namin to 6AM-8AM....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    CVT feedbaack Kung malaki nabawas sa Meralco mo ha.

Paano mga pala if Ang off peak eh start ng 9pm to 6 am then I turn on a/c at 7pm so two hours Lang ma charge ng peak and the rest off peak rate na?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post

Paano mga pala if Ang off peak eh start ng 9pm to 6 am then I turn on a/c at 7pm so two hours Lang ma charge ng peak and the rest off peak rate na?

Yes. The meter has seperate readings for peak and off peak. Your bill will also show your peak and off peak usage.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post

Off peak ay 9pm to 8am Mon to Sat, bro...

Yes, kung buksan mo AC ng 7pM (sa amin 6pm lang bukas na... hahaha!), peak rate ang charge sa iyo hanggang 9pm. And then off peak rate na starting 9pm......... up to 8am... Pero take note, super malakas ang konsumo mo for the first hour ng aircon dahil pinapalamig niya ang kuwarto... and then maintenance na lang ng temperature...

Walandyo,- ginawa mo naman akong guinea pig... Dive na tayo rito...

Thinking aloud: If I can save P500 a month in electric bills,- then ROI(vs. bayad ng meter et al) is about 6 months....

Last edited by CVT; October 19th, 2012 at 11:23 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Meralco time of use program