New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    May gumamit ba ng program na ito? Effective ba in saving money? For those who are not familiar with it, its basically a scheme where Meralco charges you lower rates for night time (off peak) use of electrcity. Peak time is higher than the normal Meralco rate.

I'm tempted to try t but am not sure if it will help me save.

Here a link explaining it. http://www.meralco.com.ph/consumerca...esprogram.html

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    effective eto if you will use airconditioning, ironing, and washing machine, during off peak.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Naka time of use ka ba? If yes how big are the savings?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ok san ito kung walang bayad ang convertion ng meter

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Reviving this thread. I applied for meralco time of use. Downloaded the application form and brought it to the nearest Meralco branch. I asked them to apply 6 months zero interest for the meter. I'm paying about 557 pesos a month for 6 months for the meter.

After a month of use, my generation charge went down from 49.7% to 41.8%. Electrical consumption in kwh is still the same. Without changing our usage habits, 63.08% of our use is off peak and 36.92% is during peak. The only significant change is, we told the maids to do most of the laundry on Sundays. Come to think of it maybe we should tell them to iron on sundays.

Even with the meter charge, my monthly ave electric bill went down by around 700 pesos. If I'll disregard the 557 peso meter charge, I would save around 1250 pesos.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Pwede ito sa mga call centers or gumagamit ng ice thermal ni dunham bush.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    http://www.meralco.com.ph/consumerca...esprogram.html

Page does not exist.

Same as cheap Philippines Electric Rates. It does not exist. :D

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Here is the updated site:

Meralco | Ang Liwanag ng Bukas

Analyzing my bill further, I noticed that Meralco's share rose a bit. I guess its what they get for implementing this. So for Meralco this is a win win program. They get more money but the consumer can save.

Its the generation charge that went down. I think, generation charge is what the power plants gets. Makes sense since if a lot of people adapt this scheme and adjust their consumption patterns, the plants may be able to maximize their efficency during off peak hours and minimize peak hour loads. Saves them fuel and increase efficency. They may even be able to keep peak plants off.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Here is the updated site:

Meralco | Ang Liwanag ng Bukas

Analyzing my bill further, I noticed that Meralco's share rose a bit. I guess its what they get for implementing this. So for Meralco this is a win win program. They get more money but the consumer can save.

Its the generation charge that went down. I think, generation charge is what the power plants gets. Makes sense since if a lot of people adapt this scheme and adjust their consumption patterns, the plants may be able to maximize their efficency during off peak hours and minimize peak hour loads. Saves them fuel and increase efficency. They may even be able to keep peak plants off.
    Bro.,- how much(in percentage) are you saving now, vs. your historical electric bills?

17.0K:out:

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

For residential,- to qualify, you have to be >500KW-Hr per month.

During the TOU peak hours, is the rate of electricity the same or more expensive than the rate of electricity for regular subscribers?...

I am asking this to assess the chance that the TOU subscriber would end up paying more than the regular subscriber, given that there is no change in his schedule/habit on electricity usage.

17.1K:chop:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Meralco time of use program