New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by umzzzzz
    i was wondering...why do you need in depth medical training in becoming a MT? diba all you have to do is listen and transcribe what you have heard?? and besides, the internet is a large place para makapag search ka ng mga words/terminologies na hindi mo maintindihan at hindi mo malaman ang sfelling.
    because its better that you know what they're talking about right off the bat and not have to research on it first to save on time and for accuracy. if for some reason a word spoken was inaudible you can infer what was said because you understand the other medical jargons spoken in the same sentence for example. also if you had never heard the word you might not be able to spell or research it accurately or mistake it for something else.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    tama si umz na dami nga matututunan thru internet but still iba pa din kapag yun talaga yung field or expertise mo, moreso kapag napag-aralan mo. actually, we have tons of research materials ranging from medical softwares/books, references, googles and even internet sites ng mga clients namin to fully understand ang mga dictations, not to mention the intensive trainings and simulations that our company give to our MTs. And in as far as experience in dealing with errors, prone talaga ang work na to kahit sabihin mong expert ka na.

and yes, before doing home transcription, as i said earlier, para ka din mag-aapply kasi kailangan mo yung connections, tie-up sa mother company na magbibigay sa yo ng mg voice files. At certain extents, may mga client na naghahanap ng accreditations or certifications before they give a go.

They pay you thru wires deposited sa account mo....

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by umzzzzz
    ...nga pala question...how do you communicate to clients? icq? skype? email? if the answers are one of those, para pla syang yung setup ko noon...
    depende sa needs, we use all....
    email- to send out status or summary, pati communications about the project
    skype- para mas madali ang conversations and ideal din ang group/conference call para isang pasada lang whatever changes/instructions to be handed down

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by scalpel View Post
    Yup, we also have a school for this, although sa Bulacan lang nga. ACSAT. Tsikoters from Bulacan areas are welcome to enrol..

Saan sa bulacan un? can u tell the exact location? I'm planning to enroll.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by johnpt View Post
    because its better that you know what they're talking about right off the bat and not have to research on it first to save on time and for accuracy. if for some reason a word spoken was inaudible you can infer what was said because you understand the other medical jargons spoken in the same sentence for example. also if you had never heard the word you might not be able to spell or research it accurately or mistake it for something else.
    yup, very true.. like when you thought you heard flea bites, but the correct term is phlebitis or hypertension when it is hypotension... something like that..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hi to Sir Vhenok, Scalpel (Jaymie i suppose), and Pareng Otep... I have "venture capital" to start an MT school... I hope you can help me since I am pressured to "deliver the goods"....

paki contact na lang ako sa mobile: 0920-9616943
    or YM: rcelcomputers

Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    Hi to Sir Vhenok, Scalpel (Jaymie i suppose), and Pareng Otep... I have "venture capital" to start an MT school... I hope you can help me since I am pressured to "deliver the goods"....

paki contact na lang ako sa mobile: 0920-9616943
    or YM: rcelcomputers

Thanks!
    Sowi sir Mik, now ko lan nabasa 'to...

Will do sir! Or in any case, just PM me anytime!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alam nyo ba kung magkano sweldo nito sa US? thanks!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dazedchiq View Post
    alam nyo ba kung magkano sweldo nito sa US? thanks!
    Well, it depends. Pero on the average, its like $15-$20 per hour. Kung per line, its somewhere between 7-9 cents. An average MT can make more than 1,000 lines a day.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vhenok View Post
    Well, it depends. Pero on the average, its like $15-$20 per hour. Kung per line, its somewhere between 7-9 cents. An average MT can make more than 1,000 lines a day.

ah... thanks po for the info!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Medical Transcriptionist