New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    paano ba ito?
    pwede bang sa bahay lang ito?
    paano ba maging transcriptionist
    please explain it to me like im a 5 year old...

TIA

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    my friend used to do that. he said, he listens to procedures from doctors and he just types up what the doctor says. I heard people can do this at home.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm not yet a medical transcriptionist (MT), but I'm studying to become one.

What an MT does is download a voice file from a secure server, which he then listens to, encodes, and sends back to the server as a Word or text file. The voice file contains a dictation from a doctor in the US, which could either be a summary of a patient's chart, clinical findings, post-operative reports, diagnosis, or other medical documents concerning patient care.

You could do transcription from your home if you have the right equipment (quality headphones and usually a foot pedal for controlling the pause, play, rewind and forward functions of your audio software) and the proper contacts who will give you work.

You usually become a transcriptionist by taking a medical transcription course, which can take a few months to complete. There are many MT schools in the Metro Manila area, but since I'm in the province, I'm taking my course online.

Key traits that a home-based MT must possess: above average grasp of the English language, vast knowledge of medical terms and their correct spelling, meticulous attention to detail (OC people would probably excel here), a keen ear that is able to understand various American accents, loads of motivation and self-discipline.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    In as far as qualifications are concern, eto po yung sa amin...

Graduates of Nursing, Physical, Occupational or Radiologic Therapy, Medical Technology, Biology or other allied health courses, non-practicing medical doctors or undergraduates of Medicine
    Excellent communication skills in English
    Ability to transcribe 30 words per minute (wpm), an advantage
    Excellent hearing acuity and listening skills
    Must possess above average comprehension, problem solving and analytical skills
    Willing to work in any shift
    Willing to be assigned in Parañaque City

Yep, tama lahat ng sinabi ni mikey.

Also, pwede din ito sa bahay mo provided na have the right reqts like:

1. pc - pwede mga p3 up models
    2. foot pedals - afaik, dami nito sa raon, ung sa amin kasi ini-import pa from our US main office
    3. internet connection - higher speed is recommended like broadband or DSL coz may mga voice file na malalaki kaya dapat maganda connection speed mo para mabilis i-DL
    4. software - depende sa format na ipapadala sa yo ng client, as every client has different requirements eh, sometime in-house softwares pa nila dapat gagamitin mo as in integrated na yung pag-download ng job, playing it and typing the report all in one bundled software.

Most important factors to consider is the quality of the work you will be doing kasi sensitive sa medical facts and records yung ginagawa mo, just one false word katakut-takot na effect na to sa totality ng report. Also, the TAT (turn-around-time) which emphasizes on speed naman. Again, these all depends sa client requirements.

And nope, am not an MT pero am working in an MT company.....gulo no?

sa IT po ako eh....

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    kimpoy try this link, sana makatulong

http://www.entrepreneur.com.ph/byob/...g_dollars.html

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    hmm...i'm taking this course too while currently working...i hope it's all worth it. medyo mahal ang tuition.

i'm doing this in the hopes of being able to work at home (this is ok if you have at least 2 years experience daw since no one will be there to check your work except you) and/or doing it in the U.S. where the need really is.

i met a "seem to be" established doctor (in his late 30's) who took the same course in the same school that i go to and now he's leaving his profession to transcribe in the states.wow...this really got me motivated.hehehe. it's becoming more of like nursing IMO.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    and to tell you, madami din kaming transcribers here sa office na mga nurses, or doing some clinical works, and yes, even doctors meron din. After work diretso sila sa hosp or clinic to do the actual expertise nila.

And also, ang bilis ng turnaround ng mga transcribers, as in after about a year or two either kinukuha sila or nag-aabroad with transcription as their work.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    *vhenok -- i suppose you work in an MT company that provides the service...errr...how much ang usual starting salary? they say it should be around 10k lang? and second, you said that transcribing can be done at home as long as you have the requirements that you mentioned...does it mean that i can work from home kahit bago lang ako basta within specs ang pc and connection ko?

Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    for home trans, parang nag-a-apply ka din ng normal job, hence the need for credentials and experience as well, pati na din mga sample jobs just to ensure kung pasok ka dun sa qualifications nila....

as for our case kasi, ang career path ng mga MT is like this:

MT Trainee -> MT -> MT Editor Trainee -> MT Editor -> MT Team Leader -> MT Supv

yun ibang nakilala ko asa level palang sila ng MT nag-pursue na ng editor sa ibang company. I wish I could have the liberty to divulge the exact renumeration for this job pero you're right they start close to 10k, plus other incentives like performance bonus (quality + quantity of work, me pts system kc d2 eh) + other allowance kaya ganun din kalaki. Yun nga lang you must susceptible to shifting scheds lalo na sa gabi dahil offshore mga clients eh kaya yung buhos ng jobs sa gabi talaga.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    i'm wondering why there is a need for shifting eh hindi naman real time ito dba? usual purpose of why there is the so called graveyard shift in a call center is because people do call in the morning.

oh well..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Medical Transcriptionist