New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ts1n1ta
    Baligtad tayo. With my faith everything is easier.

Not all prayers are answered. Think of it this way. Yung pinagdadasal ba naten eh makakabuti sa ten? For all you know God already answered your prayer by not giving you what you wanted.
    ain't life so great...diverse views....

have anyone requested something in prayer that will be bad for himself? You can actually think of many bad things about something you asked that wasn't given to you. I mean to justify a prayer that hasn't been answered people have all the excuses...oh well that's faith...it defies logic and rationality.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    naalala ko lng ito sa isang wall dati (poster)

i just hope i remember it correctly, correct me if im wrong

ADD lots of fun to your life
    SUBTRACT worries, tensions, etc...
    MULTIPLY your love to others
    DIVIDE your blessings to others..

something like that...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boydapa
    naalala ko lng ito sa isang wall dati (poster)

i just hope i remember it correctly, correct me if im wrong

ADD lots of fun to your life
    SUBTRACT worries, tensions, etc...
    MULTIPLY your love to others
    DIVIDE your blessings to others..

something like that...

i like that...add to that laughter.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    no that's not justification and they're not a mere excuse. It is simply giving in to God. And to answer your question: yes, i think men, being only human, might think that we know what's best for us. Sign of pride if you ask me. We don't know everything. And there are some things in the world that men will never understand. No matter how hard we try. There are questions that will be left unanswered. Mysteries of life. Sometimes nde kelangan ng utak to understand things. You need your heart.

Faith is simply believing what you don't understand.

people pray for peace every single day...is this being answered?...will god give something better than peace?

a cancer patient prayed..was it answered with better than having his/her life?

people who died in the 9/11 attacks, children who died in hostage scenario in russia, people in afhanistan, iraq, palestine (women and children) prayed but all these people suffered and died? were they given better things than what they hoped for?

a parent of a child who was kidnapped, raped and left dead. they prayed for their child's life but wasn't answered...what better things was given to them instead of having their prayers answered? in exchange for life?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pag hindi up and down ang buhay e di patay ka na nun! ayoko pa!

saka pag smooth sailing ang buhay ibig sabihin nun hindi ka na napapansin ni Lord! kaya minsan up minsan down kasi sinusubukan ka kung ano gagawin mo, just to see if you will still have faith. buti nga tayo dito sa tsikot up-down lang, dami dyan lagi down.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by raine_s
    God sucks minsan,isip ko lan, kase there are times no matter how hard you pray nothing happens at all... i read from a book that God is just an imaginary friend for older people just to make them feel safe to explain things they cant explain and to make them see na there is something to look forward to after death...when in scientific terms there is not

whew, i really need my faith back.
    who would you rather believe a visionary being who is believed by millions if not billions of people around the planet and who has a surviving legacy of thousands of years na since the Old testament

or

nerdy scientists/truth-seekers who cant even get a hot girl in a bar?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i'd pick #1 :D

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by city
    people pray for peace every single day...is this being answered?...will god give something better than peace?

a cancer patient prayed..was it answered with better than having his/her life?

people who died in the 9/11 attacks, children who died in hostage scenario in russia, people in afhanistan, iraq, palestine (women and children) prayed but all these people suffered and died? were they given better things than what they hoped for?

a parent of a child who was kidnapped, raped and left dead. they prayed for their child's life but wasn't answered...what better things was given to them instead of having their prayers answered? in exchange for life?
    city you're totally missing the point. Bumabalik ka sa puntos mo na dapat maganda nangyayari sa lahat ngtao. Like what ive said and what i really believe in, everything happens for a reason. Besides, all those you've mentioned doesn't necessarily mean that something bad came from it. Something good came from it no matter how small it was. A cancer patient who prayed, was he saved? physically no. Spiritually, yes. Cancer patients families became more stronger/ naging mas loving. The sickness brought them together. We have someone from the family who died from cancer the experience made us realize a lot. People praying for peace, may world peace ba? wala. pero imagine how many people there are praying. Just praying alone is grace itself. Nagiging holy pa yung mga tao because they're praying. Victims of rape/crime/terrorism/unjustly things/corruption, lahat yan may magandang nadulot nde lang naten makikita. In our grief siguro nde naten marerealize. Minsan our misfortune (sa paningin naten) is blessing for others. Nde naten masasabi. You're just looking at the surface of things. May mas malalim pang rason na posibleng nde naten makita. Dahil nga tao lang tayo. Nde tayo Dyos. Don't take it against God/supreme being lahat ng masasamang nangyayare sa mundo. Evil things are from the devil. God allows these things to happen. It doesn't mean na ang Dyos ang may gawa nun.

Anyway, sorry for the OT.

Lol *oldblue for the poll. Unless the geeky scientist looks like Johnny Depp theni'd go with numbah tu! hahaha joke joke joke :lol:
    Last edited by ts1n1ta; January 25th, 2006 at 04:14 PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i pray for my players in FNBA to explode..but they dont..

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
may formula ba ang buhay???