Quote Originally Posted by mang ponso View Post
I've worked with so many Westerners and I always say to them exact things Mr (the guy from the UK - can't remember his name) had just said in his contribution-- that, for Filipinos, meals are not considered a meal if not taken with rice.

There is also this person sitting next to me ( a non-Filipino person) who just butted in, who says that Filipinos eat anything and everything with a face --- true, though, isn't it?
There's nothing to be ashamed of when it comes to Philippine cuisine except for the dreadful stench of tuyo/daeng or dried squid. My wife brought back a suitcase-full of the things. I kinda wish airport customs confiscated them because when my wife starts cooking them things, the stench permeates the whole house. Of course, I eat and like them. It's just the horrible stench.

Here, it's a well-known fact among our neighbors that I've eaten cooked dog before (pulutan) in the Philippines. There was one kid who used to let his dog drop a load on my basketball court every morning. I got sick and tired of having to pick up its crap. So one day, I came up to its owner and told him flatly that if he doesn't stop his dog from crapping on my court, I'm going to catch his dog and barbecue it for dinner. Another neighbor told him, "You better believe it. He's eaten dog before!" Sure enough, the dog poo on my basketball court disappeared.