Burgers anyone?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Alang natira kahit buto, gwabe!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I had the warning in the title... too late to blame anyone except yourself.
    Being Pinoy... one simply must check it out. :D

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007

6. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    i wonder saan napunta yung mga buto?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I think this Continental Engine incident happened in 2006 , but the graphic pictures came out in June 2010. Tawag nila "Fatally injured"...hehehe.

Airline Accident: Accident - Jan. 16, 2006 - El Paso, Texas | Investigative Reporting Workshop

The engine was started and stabilized at idle RPM for approximately 3 minutes while the initial leak check was performed by the two journeymen mechanics that were working around the engine. One of these two mechanics then called the captain on the ground intercom system and reported that a small oil leak was detected, and he requested that the captain run the engine at 70 percent power for 2 minutes to conduct further checks. The captain complied with the request, after verifying with the mechanic that the area around the airplane was clear.

Witnesses on the ground and in the airplane stated that they saw the mechanic on the outboard side of the engine stand up, step into the inlet hazard zone, and become ingested into the intake of the engine. This occurred about 90 seconds into the 70-percent-power engine run. The mechanic was not wearing any type of safety equipment or lanyard to prevent the ingestion. Upon sensing a buffet, the captain immediately retarded the power lever back to the idle position. The first officer stated to the captain that something went into the engine and the captain immediately cut off the start lever to stop the engine run.

The mechanic who was fatally injured was hired by the FBO in November 1997, and had been a certified mechanic for 40 years. He received maintenance training from the airline regarding on-call maintenance procedures in March 2004, nearly two years prior to the accident. The airline provided training to contract maintenance stations in the form of classroom instruction, interactive computer based scenarios, and training videos. Specific training (either initial or recurrent) regarding ground engine runs and associated hazards was not provided to the contract mechanics by the airline.

According to the surviving contract mechanic that worked around the engine with the fatally injured mechanic, maintenance instructions were not needed for the engine run because engine oil leaks were a common occurrence, and because of his past experience as a mechanic.
    Last edited by Monseratto; October 7th, 2013 at 03:07 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Ang tanong paano kaya set-up ng burol?

Naka garapon na lang siya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

9. Join Date
    May 2012
    i hope it was an instant and painless death.
    on the other hand, since in the line of duty sya namatay. daming pera ng mga dependents nya. pero it wouldn't replace the life that was lost.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    accidents do happen. they happen from negligence, complacency, unsafe conditions, inattention to the work and other factors or combined factors. the engine runups are usually done when the ground is clear of personnel and equipment. in most aircraft parking aprons, there are circles of safety marked on the ground around the aircraft engines. communication between the flight deck and the ground established before anything is about to be done or about to happen to the aircraft on any typical situations

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast