New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my eldest son always loses his pencils in school so my wife now puts his name in all his things. then one time, my son saw his pencil being used by his classmate, and incidentally, his best friend. so he told his classmate that it was his pencil. his classmate claimed that it was his, and my son told him that his name was on the pencil. the classmate told my son that his mother made a mistake by writing my son's name on the pencil. this happened just recently. and we have already noticed this habit of lying by this classmate since a few years back, when my son just started schooling, since my son always invite him to come over to our house. we actually tried to convince my son to stay away from him, but since they meet everyday at school, it's difficult to separate the two.

we know the parents of that classmate and i know they won't teach their child to lie or tolerate lying since they're a bit religious. so how did this classmate learn to lie? was it congenital?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    hmmm, tarlac ka di ba sir? malapit sa pampanga!

Arovo ba surname nung classmate ng anak mo?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i just watched a documentary a while ago on NGC and learned that pathological liars or con men have more white matter tissue in their brains (the tissues that transport signals from one part of the brain to the other) than gray matter tissues (the ones which produces the signals or thought). A person with this brain composition is more alert at "detecting" and "reading" a person's expression thus they can lie accordingly and successfully. but of course they did not discount the possibility of pathological lying being acquired from peers or environment.
    Last edited by Negus; February 4th, 2007 at 08:15 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by resmile View Post
    hmmm, tarlac ka di ba sir? malapit sa pampanga!

Arovo ba surname nung classmate ng anak mo?
    hahaha..baka iyon bata ang may potential na maging ARROYO .
    .kaya lang iyon parents kilala nila na mabait

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    resmile, hehe, mabuti nalang at hindi AROVO surname nya :bwahaha:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my personal view, it is acquired wala naman sigurong tao born liar, habang lumalaki natutunan niya ang pag lie

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^^baka naman nga may lahi hapon iyan,,, Dorovo na nga ..hehehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i forgot to mention na 7yo palang yung bata ngayon.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hindi siguro gaanong nadidisiplina, napapansin o madalas makalusot kaya sige lang ng sige sa pagsisinungaling. Kapag napaluhod iyan sa asin ng may libro sa kamay at 90 degrees ang angle ng shoulder, malamang magtanda iyan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Lying: congenital or acquired?