New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    the case of the bad kid is partly kleptomaniac or he has the tendency to develop it, he lied, 1st to stand firm on his soul, 2nd he doesnt want to be the kid that is being bullyied, but he wants to be the kid to bully, 3rd he lied because he isnt that good yet it keeping things, somehow this is just the means of covering that he knew.

what you could do to help is talk to the parents but i hope asian could imbibe some western culture that they will not take it as a critism but as a help to correct whatever is wrong with their son.

it would be difficult for you to try and let your son stay away from him, kids would ask why, and you dont want to lie, do you, maybe when you saw some more sattle reason and tell your kid that dont see him because he is sick(even simple cold, its viral so you could get infected so you can use that as the excuse without lying) then you keep reiterating that to your kid, subconsciously he will try to avoid going near that bad kid, especially when you tell your son that if you get sick, you wont be able to come with us to shopping to buy your favorite toy, or when your sick your immune system gets low and you cannot join us when we go out.

magnify the facts but dont lie, so you will be guilt free to your son and to the bad kids parents=)

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Ang alam ko kundi turo ito tyak na natutunan sa paligid. Hindi siguro pwedeng congenital. IMHO

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we had a lesson in our philosophy class when i was still in college: is man by nature good or bad?

the good side says that a man is born good and learned to be bad by its surroundings.

the bad side says that a man is born bad and is thought how to become good.

there are a lot more opinions on each, and all the opinions can be true. nagkaroon pa kami ng debate about this.

i guess in this case, pareho din nung good & bad. parang chicken and egg din.
    Last edited by boybi; February 4th, 2007 at 10:59 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    nakow dapat malaman ng parents nung bata yan kase baka lumala.

I also think it is acquired. Perhaps natututunan sa yaya or other classmates?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I'd say the lying habit is mostly acquired. Sa totoo lang hindi naman kasi siya kelangan ituro eh, kasi minsan na magsinungaling ka (on your own) at malaman mo na may benefits, you'd do it again. It's much like an adaptive strategy, actually. I have to admit, I lie a LOT. Pero hindi naman tinuro sakin ng magulang ko kung paano o kelan magsinugnaling.

Kid's not a very good liar though. At least not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    we had a lesson in our philosophy class when i was still in college: is man by nature good or bad?

the good side says that a man is born good and learned to be bad by its surroundings.

the bad side says that a man is born bad and is thought how to become good.

there are a lot more opinions on each, and all the opinions can be true. nagkaroon pa kami ng debate about this.

i guess in this case, pareho din nung good & bad. parang chicken and egg din.
    I think man is neither inherently good nor bad - because "good" or "bad" is quite arbitrary. It's relative and depends a lot from the moral perspective of an individual. Hey, if it isn't, people aren't going to waste any time arguing about political/socioeconomic ideologies, ***, or vegetarianism.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    being good and bad could also be an environmental factor, though it is still an issue of genetic inheritance, like you get the trait of your mom or your dad, but kids are like sponge they absorbed so much even those thing we dont taught them, they are able to pick it up on the kids that they play with, television, and the surrounding.

to help your kids be protected, instill proper values, set a good example, teach them to pray, and most importantly let them feel the love=)

love means the unselfish kind of love, we oftentimes hear elders say" ganito ang gawin mo kasi ayokong pagdaanan mga pinagdaanan ko, di yan makakabuti sayo" as a curious kid what is it that makes it not good, so you only stir up their curiosity instead of pushing them away... selfless love is letting your kid understand, so parents, i know it is hard but we all had been a kid before, so we could step in into their level of undertsanding=)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sounds like the other kid's actions are a cry for attention

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    the kid is greedy.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    A kid will lie. It is inevitable. It's merely the instinct to take any opportunity to get the upper hand... (on a more atavistic level, the need to amass more resources to ensure survival).

Kaya nga parents are responsible for stopping this behavior early on. Kahit hindi fault ng child na di sya binantayan... you have the right to protect your own kid.

Sir boybi, para hindi masabihang sumbongero kid mo, sabihan mo syang i-grab nalang ang pencil... tapos pag mag-interfere ang teacher, e may name ng kid mo, so safe sya... makikita mo, di na sila friends nyang batang yan...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    when I was in elementary, i can still remember how 2 of my classmates fought over a pencil. tapos tinusok niya yun kamay noon isa ng malalim as in sagad buto. in the next days, yun natusok parati may green matter yun kamay nya, nana ata yun

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Lying: congenital or acquired?