New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    An uso ngayun sa prefab, bolt on sa frame yung mga walls. So yung wall ay parang cement na binuhos sa wire mesh ( we do not know kung ilang mm ang diameter ng wire mesh), then kapag dry na bolt on sya sa structure ng building.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Casualty update. Six dead. Three bodies were recovered from Room 501 in Serendra 2. Unknown whether they died from the explosion or were already dead ...

NDRRMC: Six dead, five injured in Serendra condo explosion
    June 1, 2013 8:40am

The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) on Saturday said there are now six people dead from the powerful explosion the previous night at a residential unit of the Two Serendra condominium at Global City in Taguig.

Initial reports on Friday indicated that the powerful explosion that hit the posh Bonifacio Global City in Taguig City on Friday night killed three people from a passing delivery van who were crushed by debris.

On its 8:00 a.m. report on Saturday, the NDRRMC said there were three other male fatalities from Serendra's Room 501 where the explosion is believed to have occurred.

The NDRRMC also said at least five people were injured: two males, two females, and a nine-year-old child who were passengers of a passing Hyundai van.
    Last edited by Monseratto; June 1st, 2013 at 11:26 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Please excuse my ignorance, pero cheaper option ba sa construction ang prefab? I would not expect that from a luxury condo building?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    diba prefab parang puzzle lang yan na dugtong dugtong lang? as of the moment pinapanood ko itong tnatayong warehouse sa tapat namin. ang bilis matayo gamit mga prefab ata. wala naman akong napansing nagweld. o di ko lang nakita?
    Yung house ng neighbor namin took more than 2 years to build, sinubaybayan ko ang pag gawa, yung hukay kasing lalim ng bahay!!! Nakakatakot nga e :nervous: May nadaanan naman ako na duplex parang it took less than a year to build at hindi ko napansin na hinukay ng malalim. Hindi kaya prefab din yun kasi developer lang ang gumawa?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Please excuse my ignorance, pero cheaper option ba sa construction ang prefab? I would not expect that from a luxury condo building?
    It is cheaper because you can have the prefab structures build off-site in a factory then transported to the construction site as needed. It saves time on the construction itself. So if you cut down construction time by 10%, you save on all the stuff related to construction like labor, heavy equipment operation and rental, etc.

Prefab parts also make it easier to build structures because many walls are identical. Just like putting together a LEGO model.

Time is money.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    It is cheaper because you can have the prefab structures build off-site in a factory then transported to the construction site as needed. It saves time on the construction itself. So if you cut down construction time by 10%, you save on all the stuff related to construction like labor, heavy equipment operation and rental, etc.

Prefab parts also make it easier to build structures because many walls are identical. Just like putting together a LEGO model.

Time is money.
    Wow I never expected that type of shortcut from Ayala.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung house ng neighbor namin took more than 2 years to build, sinubaybayan ko ang pag gawa, yung hukay kasing lalim ng bahay!!! Nakakatakot nga e :nervous: May nadaanan naman ako na duplex parang it took less than a year to build at hindi ko napansin na hinukay ng malalim. Hindi kaya prefab din yun kasi developer lang ang gumawa?
    We have a condo project nearby our office. It just finished. We kinda noticed the progress was quick because after they constructed the building's frame structure, the walls and floors seemed to be prefabricated pieces. The slow portion of the construction was the condo's foundation & basement.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wow I never expected that type of shortcut from Ayala.
    it is not a short-cut... it is a standard practice in construction. The resulting structure is as strong (or even stronger) than conventional construction. Stronger because it is generally lighter with an internal framework as compared to traditional structures which are basically platforms on pillars. In a quake, a traditional structure can shake and fall flat on itself. Prefab will ride the quake and can survive relatively undamaged.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    it is not a short-cut... it is a standard practice in construction. The resulting structure is as strong (or even stronger) than conventional construction. Stronger because it is generally lighter with an internal framework as compared to traditional structures which are basically platforms on pillars. In a quake, a traditional structure can shake and fall flat on itself. Prefab will ride the quake and can survive relatively undamaged.
    Is that how buildings were done in the past even during the 80s (or older). What is it that they call buhos? As I understand buhos is more expensive?
    Last edited by _Cathy_; June 1st, 2013 at 11:47 AM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Yes it is cheaper,di naman sacrificed ang structure ng condo even prefab yung walls, kasi ang importante sa highrise, kaya isupport ng foundation mo yung load ng buong building. And of course, prefab is lighter compared na gamitan mo yan ng traditional CHB.

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast