New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    when the flat screen first came out, it was all plasma. it was very expensive thus the change from tube to flat screen was very prohibitive until the LCD came in. this brought the prices of flat screen tv to go down and market start to pick them up. if you notice, very seldom you'll see a plasma tv on sale worldwide
    ever since the LCD was introduced.

the reason why it's the cheapest base on your list is simply they are getting rid of their inventory. in short, plasma is on the phase out stage. so my recommendation to you is get the panasonic LCD. i would assume that's the VIERRA series which is really very sharp in color. i strongly recommend you add in 5K and take the HD DVD & HT. An HD DVD player is totally different from an ordinary DVD player. The HD produces better picture quality than an ordinary player. If you would notice, all the display units are all hook-up on a HD player that's why the picture quality are so good. Plug it to our standard cable program then you will see a big deterioration unless you have digital cable provider.

hope this helps.

ps, saan bang shop moi nakita yan, i'm thinking of putting one in my bedroom too.
    Bro, plasma is not being phase out contrary to what you posted. The reason why one seldom sees plasma being in big applance stores like abenson, western is bec of more aggressive marketing strategies of LCDs but if you would visit AV specialty stores, then there are more plasmas than lcds. Also, the VIERRA series of Panasonic is PLASMA.
    Burn-in or even Image retention problems of plasma tvs were already a thng of the past
    To the threadstarter: Visit PinoyDVD.com. you'll learn a lot about tvs,dvds,audios etc there

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    when the flat screen first came out, it was all plasma. it was very expensive thus the change from tube to flat screen was very prohibitive until the LCD came in. this brought the prices of flat screen tv to go down and market start to pick them up. if you notice, very seldom you'll see a plasma tv on sale worldwide
    ever since the LCD was introduced.

the reason why it's the cheapest base on your list is simply they are getting rid of their inventory. in short, plasma is on the phase out stage. so my recommendation to you is get the panasonic LCD. i would assume that's the VIERRA series which is really very sharp in color. i strongly recommend you add in 5K and take the HD DVD & HT. An HD DVD player is totally different from an ordinary DVD player. The HD produces better picture quality than an ordinary player. If you would notice, all the display units are all hook-up on a HD player that's why the picture quality are so good. Plug it to our standard cable program then you will see a big deterioration unless you have digital cable provider.

hope this helps.

ps, saan bang shop moi nakita yan, i'm thinking of putting one in my bedroom too.
    Bro, plasma is not being phase out contrary to what you posted. In fact, it still dominates 50" and above HDTV sizes bec the picture quality is better. It's only in appliance stores like abensons, western, SM etc that display more lcds than plasmas but if you go to AV specialty stores, then there are more plasma than lcd. also, plasma outsells lcd in the U.S bec americans prefer their HDTV in sizes 40" and above.
    Panasonic VIERRA are PLASMA
    Burn in or Image Retention issue is already a thing of the past. Also, it's not true that plasma consumes more electricity
    *bougartt:
    Visit Pinoydvd.com. You'll learn a lot about AV, dvds etc there

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by surg View Post
    Panasonic VIERRA are PLASMA
    Panasonic 32" LCDs are also called VIERRA...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Check also Samsung LCD, Series 6 (full HD 1080P). Ganda rin......

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Guys thank you so so much for your inputs.

I've been more of a lurker than a poster, but I'm so overwhelmed with all your replies. Thanks sooo much!

The shops that i saw these prices are in Western - Festival Mall, Ansons - ATC/Tri Noma, Sounds and Style - Shang/Festival Mall.

GUYS! I was about to purchase the 42'' Panasonic PLASMA, but then again there was a catch to it. PANASONIC PHILIPPINES would not welcome WARRANTY CLAIMS FOR THE SAID unit. You will course your warranty through the shop. Which stopped me from making the big purchase last thursday night. I felt uncomfortable knowing that Panasonic Philippines would not welcome these units being sold by the shop. Grrrr..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    para sa akin LCD is better than plasma..kasi dito sa lugar namin halos lahat LCD na ang tinda sa shop..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by surg
    Also, the VIERRA series of Panasonic is PLASMA
    Baka naman gawa ng PANASSONIC yang VIERRAs?

There are PANASONIC LCD TV's that are also VIERA's.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    The VIERA is a New model name in Pnasonic.

TH-65PZ850UNEW! 65" Class (64.7" Diagonal) Widescreen VIERA Plasma 1080p HDTV with Increased Native Contrast Ratio, VIERA Cast™, Digital Cinema Color Technology, PC Input, New Anti-Reflective Filter, Game Mode, Built-In SD Card Slot, 4 HDMI Inputs and VIERA Link® HDAVI

$6,999.95
    Shipping Panasonic Direct.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    The VIERA is a New model name in Pnasonic.
    It is not ... with Panasonic, that is. I'm not sure about Pnasonic though. Viera's have been around for at least a couple of years. It was one of my choices before I bought a Bravia.

VIERRA is a common spelling mistake when referring to Panasonic's VIERA.

Go to www.panasonic.com or any official Panasonic site and look for any VIERRA's. Either you won't find a single reference, or your search will be redirected to VIERA.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    3-5 years from now when you're on the lookout for a bigger inch lcd, mas ok pa din bumili ng lcd ngaun. why puwede mo gamitin sa business mo yun old lcd for presentation/powerpoint/ads purposes. we are approaching the paperless society.

sa business, since proven naman that computer lcd's can be delegated to emps, easily adaptable to computers and also mas matipid sa kuryente

plasma are for purists. yun gustong-gusto yun very crisp colors that are near CRT quality. ok din siguro pang HDTV or bluray. but I doubt the future will be anything like bluray or hdtv, it will be .mkv or a more enhanced xvid codec or maybe apple's .h264. usually open source like compression wins. tignan nyo, audio. it's only MP3. and the electronics manufacturers adopted not the other way around.

nowadays, a typical xvid movie can be downloaded in less than an hour with regular pldt dsl speed. a year ago, the same xvid movies downloads 3 hours or more.

when the internet was its infant stage at dial up, a typical mp3 downloads at 30 minutes per song. ngaun less than 30 secs.

i'm sure video will follow the same path as MP3, who knows, in 3 years we will be downloading 720p xvids in 15 minutes, while 1080p xvids in 30 minutes.

720p, 1080p easily supportable ng 40" lcd's ngaun kasi halos resolution based at may EDID sila or built-in Eprom. puwede mo pa i-flash ang lcd unit mo parang dsl router in the future.

for future proofing and practicality, choose LCD. computer open-source like technology pa din ang mag-dictate not any proprietary format na nakita today.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
LCD TV or PLASMA TV?