New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    I may as well caution those who may be scouting for a room air-conditioning unit. Do not buy Kolin. Especially their window-type (Model KAG150RE 1.5HP). I bought one (for P19,134.02 less promo discount or net price of P18,560.00) at SM Appliance Center. Since I was not sure of its quality (as I always buy a Carrier), I even availed of the 2-yrs extension warranty. The Kolin comes with a remote and, I'd say the SM guy knows how to market the brand, so my wife and I got impressed with its "features" and bought it. (Plus it was cheaper than a Carrier). We bought it last 21 August 2009. By June, it conked out. It went on and off like there was a mysterious force toying with the remote. The repairman says it just needs cleaning, and he cleaned it. That was 4 June 2010. A month later, or last 18 July 2010, it conked out again. It went on and off. Now, they say it was a "printed circuit problem" (PCB).

I reported it to Kolin Service Center (Magallanes) by phone last 19 July (Monday). The guy who always picks up the call, Monching, says he will call me up "within the week" to send a repairman. I said that's no good because my kids were all getting uncomfortable. He said he'll call after lunch that day. He didn't. I called up the following day, Tuesday. It was Monching again. Says he will call me up "within the week". Every effing day, I call up Kolin. And they could not send a repairman that week. You know when they scheduled the repair? Seven (7) days after, or one (1) full week! Imagine that! If it coincided with the summer season, I would have wrung their necks. First, they were absolutely clueless as to when they can send a repairman. Second, as it appears it takes them 1 full week to attend to your complaint. Isn't that the height of lousiness in service?

So, junk Kolin. Spare yourself the trouble. The brand's a lemon, and their service sucks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    hmmm, ang Kolin pwede na sila sa Television lang, pero sa aircon, hindi sila ganun ka-reliable yata talaga

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    pag major appliance, dapat yung subok na brand mo talaga ang bilin

sana maayos din yan before the next summer arrives

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ah yes our 3-year-old Kolin 1HP window type's compressor died on us so I tried calling their "service number". Buti ka pa nakausap mo si Monching. Ako hanggang busy tone or endless ringing lang

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_david19 View Post
    hmmm, ang Kolin pwede na sila sa Television lang, pero sa aircon, hindi sila ganun ka-reliable yata talaga
    Napansin ko yung lumang Kolin ko maayus at tahimik considering 2001 ko pa nabili yun pero after that ng bumili ulit ako ng kolin 2002 remote control na pero maingay at hindi maganda automatic aircon niya mukang sumablay na ang kolin after that mukang nagconcentrate sa TV hehehe.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Right you are there, Ben, pero maski TV hindi ko na rin bibilhin sa kanila.

Quote Originally Posted by ben_david19 View Post

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    This, John, is what Kolin post in its web site: " Deliver total customer satisfaction through prompt and reliable after-sales-service." That's a lot of baloney, as you yourself figured out. Kaya nga dapat we should warn others not to buy their products so that they won't go through what we experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Ah yes our 3-year-old Kolin 1HP window type's compressor died on us so I tried calling their "service number". Buti ka pa nakausap mo si Monching. Ako hanggang busy tone or endless ringing lang

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Oo nga, tama ka. Better to patronize reliable brands.
    They promised naman to fix it today but only after 1 week from the time I reported it to them. Tapos ako pa ang nag-fa-follow up. Never silang tumawag sa akin to assure me that my complaint is being attended to. Sumulat na rin ako sa kanila. Awa ng Diyos, wala ring sagot.

Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post
    pag major appliance, dapat yung subok na brand mo talaga ang bilin

sana maayos din yan before the next summer arrives

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    had bad experience din dyan sa kolin.
    my first kolin (circa 1998) matibay. so i bought again when i moved to our new house in 2000. eto ang palpak! after 1yr. nagloloko na. reprogram ng reprogram. nabwisit na ako kaya nag uni air na lang ako. so far ok naman, wala pa problema.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    We better spread our bad experience with Kolin in our forums so we can do service to other consumers out there. If we were sold "lemons", then it is our duty to warn others.

Quote Originally Posted by battaglin View Post
    had bad experience din dyan sa kolin.
    my first kolin (circa 1998) matibay. so i bought again when i moved to our new house in 2000. eto ang palpak! after 1yr. nagloloko na. reprogram ng reprogram. nabwisit na ako kaya nag uni air na lang ako. so far ok naman, wala pa problema.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Kolin Aircon service sucks!