New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Keep Your Meetings Short and On Task by Standing Up

Meetings are the worst. They drag on forever, go off-topic, and keep you from doing more important things. Businessman Lin Wu says you can make your meetings a lot better by forcing everyone to stand.

If you don't sit down, you get things done quickly:

"At most corporate meetings, people sit down with coffee and food and fall asleep," says Wu. "It's unbelievable how much time is wasted. So whenever I was in the middle of a big project, I would call a critical-issues meeting every day with my key people. But here's the trick: I'd schedule that meeting for around 5 p.m., when everyone was tired and ready to go home, and I wouldn't allow anyone to sit down. I never had a meeting last more than an hour. Most lasted 20 to 30 minutes. It kept everyone focused and effective."P
    People may scoff at the idea, but once they realize they're back at their desk 20 minutes later, they're sure to be thankful. Hit the link for more management tips from prominent businessmen from Men's Health.

Source: Keep Your Meetings Short and On Task by Standing Up

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    idol di pwede sa mga kasama kong itik yan. mas mahaba mas maganda (kasi iwas trabaho sa site)
    Last edited by chrismarte; September 24th, 2013 at 08:58 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Ganyan yung dating boss ko. Meetings namin umaabot half day. Walang clear agenda. At the end of the meeting, walang marinong napag usapan.

Madalas pa magpapa meeting kung kelan uwian na.

Gusto ko nga bigyan ng book na one minute manager e.

Ngayon na consultant na lang ako sa kanya, nilalayasan ko na. Nagpapalusot na lang ako na kailangan ko na umuwi.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    dito sa atin eh ikaw na nagpa meeting ikaw pa din ang magpapakain.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by robot.sonic View Post
    Ganyan yung dating boss ko. Meetings namin umaabot half day. Walang clear agenda. At the end of the meeting, walang marinong napag usapan.

Madalas pa magpapa meeting kung kelan uwian na.

Gusto ko nga bigyan ng book na one minute manager e.

Ngayon na consultant na lang ako sa kanya, nilalayasan ko na. Nagpapalusot na lang ako na kailangan ko na umuwi.
    Iisa ba boss natin? Boss ko puro kwento muna tapos pag mismong agenda na pag uusapan, ipapasa na sa assistant niya.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Plant manager namin, puro meeting, wala naman nangyayari sa mga meeting niya. Ang tagal tagal na ngang nagpapameeting, wala naman output. :hammer:

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    kami araw-araw 8am pa lang meeting na!
    halos pare-pareho din lang naman ang topic!
    nakakasira ng araw! himbis na marami ka pang magawa, nauubos sa meeting!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    yung sa amin naman kahit pedeng sabihin sa email, or isang IM lang pede na, eh gagawing meeting pa, 30 minutes, 1 hour. nakakaubos oras.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    there is this island..
    the lawyer can talk all he wants in court... on one foot. the moment his other foot touches the ground, he has to stop talking.
    can we adopt this in our senate and congress?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    KISS: Keep it short, stupid

Yung isang department dito ganun, panay meetings (that could have been cut to less than half the time if the head was more concise about things) tapos buong bayan naka Cc sa emails kahit di-kailangan. Sakit sa ulo.

As for me, when it comes to my department I only call short meetings to tackle immediate matters and we have our monthly meetings which last 30 minutes to an hour to straighten things out (and get a chance for free merienda ).

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast