New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    My botanical knowledge is like that of a 5 year-old, so go easy on me.

I want to grace our home with live potted plants for the following purposes:
    1. Aesthetics
    2. To improve indoor air quality

My personal requirements:
    1. Low maintenance - It should live with just artificial indoor ambient lighting (LEDs) 95% of the time, with maybe very little indirect sunlight during the morning
    2. It shouldn't grow too big - 3-4 feet tall maximum for the living room, a foot or two for the toilet, and maybe 2-3 feet for the bedroom. (Not particularly sure on these figures so I'm open to suggestions)
    3. Can coexist with pets - We have a pet dog loose in the house and I definitely don't want a plant that's in any way toxic to canines. On the other end of the spectrum, I also don't want a plant that's known to be edible to canines (if there's such a thing exists), for obvious reasons

Where is the go-to place for buying indoor plants?

Any help is appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Check your local gardener. They may have a few good suggestions.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Medicinal marijuana

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    List of ait-filtering plants on Wikipedia

Chlorophytum comosum
    Chamaedorea

Yung spider plant nakabili ako sa Cartimar. i think you can find bamboo palm there as well

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Chlorophytum comosum = Spider plant
    Chamaedorea = bamboo palm(not kawayan)

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    We used to have palmera plants in our living room. It doesn't grow too tall, maybe 4 feet.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    bamboo. the small variety. low maintenance ang bamboo.
    but be ready to sun them outside on a regular basis. all plants need sunlight.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Pinakamadali alagaan aloe vera. Water or better use yung spray water (gingamit sa parlor) pag tuyo na at konting konti tubig lang. Paarawan mo pero partial shade para hind manilaw yung leaves.

Pero important yung lupa +compost. Ratio advantage dapat sa compost 3:1 or 2:1. Wag gagamit ng pure lupa kasi putik kakalabasan. Hind rin pwede pure compost dahil hindi kakapit ugat.

Basta wag mo maoverwater ang indoor plants. Jan namamatay yan sa sobrang tubig. Better to deadma (once a week or once in two weeks depends sa init or lamig ng panahon. Touch mo soil kung dapat tubigan)

Maganda sa aloe vera eh nakakalinis na ng hangin at pwede mo pa magamit pampakinis ng mukha. Never use synthetic fertilizer. The best fertilizer taeh ng bulate. (vermicompost)

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Yung spider plant nakabili ako sa Cartimar. i think you can find bamboo palm there as well
    A lot of plant varieties to choose in Cartimar. Dun ako naka chamba ng Buddha bamboo na mura. 550 lang for a pot.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I like how the money tree (Pachira Aquatica) looks. Not sure where to get them though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast