New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I was happy with LAZADA for quite some time. I ordered and received several items already. Some stuff are good, some not so good, but the delivery services were commendable. I got timely feedback about status of my order and delivery, payment was flexible (card or cash on delivery), and I got the ordered products without any problem.

Until I had to return one item because it was defective.

Here's the thing.

I ordered a 4-set Solar Powered outdoor LED light. Asked my technician to test them - 3 were working properly, and 1 was definitely defective on arrival. So no problem, I asked my technician to climb my tall roof and install the three working units. By the way, each unit has it's own box.

And then I returned the defective one after a couple of days, definitely within the return period. Endorsed it through DHL which is LAZADA's designated courier for returns. Paperworks are OK, and DHL staff were courteous. So no problem, sealed, signed and endorsed to DHL.

Days passed, and I received no feedback from Lazada.

After I week, I called LAZADA, explained the situation, gave the details. The helpdesk agent confirmed that LAZADA already received the defective item, and will take another 3 business days for them to assess the returned item. To check if it's really defective. Agent was surprised that I did not receive any email or sms confirming that they received the returned unit.

Passed another week, and no feedback. So I called them again. The helpdesk agent said it is CONFIRMED DEFECTIVE. Again, this different agent was surprised that I did not get any email or sms notification. Agent said it will take a few more days to process the replacement (I chose direct replacement instead of reimbursement). After the discussion, they sent an email with ticket number.

After another week and no feedback, I called again. Same story, gave out all the details, and the agent in the end said, YES IT'S CONFIRMED DEFECTIVE, but you need to send back all 4 items!!!

Wth, I explained to the agent that all 3 are in good condition and ALREADY INSTALLED. The agent insists that everything has to be returned, even if just 1 out of 4 is defective. The agent promised to escalate this to his superior for consideration. I requested to talk directly to his superior. The agent asked me to wait... so I waited... and waited... and waited... and after 15minutes and no one is picking up the phone, I had to turn off my phone. It is quite a big hassle for me to deinstall the 3 perfectly working units, and return them to LAZADA, so that they will return 4 good units. That's a big waste of time, energy, and packing materials which is really not necessary.

I think there's something terribly wrong with the way LAZADA handled this particular Return case. And what's more, even up to now, when I check my account, the return is still not registered. All this, after I have called them several times, and emailed them several times.

I was happy with LAZADA until this nightmare of having to return a defective item. I wonder if management is even aware of this issue, it could be unique and one-off case, or WORSE, it could be HAPPENING TO MANY GENUINE CUSTOMERS of LAZADA.

To LAZADA management, if in case you come across this, I know you value customer satisfaction, and I would really appreciate fast and proper resolution of this issue. I expect no less.

I hope all LAZADA users here do not experience a similar issue. But better be careful than sorry.

Again, I was happy with LAZADA until I had to return a faulty item.

Sorry, my first time to rant here in Tsikot.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Di ka man lng kumausap sa manager? Nightmare agad?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Tax free ba lazada? Kasi angmamahal items nila taz 1 week replacement lang, lugi I was happy with LAZADA until... this nightmare experience.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Ako hindi ko maisip na bakit powerbank 1month lead time ibinigay sa akin. Pero smartphone wala 1 week andyan narin. Pareho namang lit-ion ang battery.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Ako hindi ko maisip na bakit powerbank 1month lead time ibinigay sa akin. Pero smartphone wala 1 week andyan narin. Pareho namang lit-ion ang battery.
    Check the details about the item. If it says "This item ships from abroad", then it would automatically have a lengthy lead time.

Items that are available locally can be delivered in as little as 24 hours.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Check the details about the item. If it says "This item ships from abroad", then it would automatically have a lengthy lead time.

Items that are available locally can be delivered in as little as 24 hours.
    Yup nasa details nga na kapag powerbank almost a month. Kaso nga wala explanation. I was just tginking na powerbank lang yun. Battery lang but if you buy smartphone 5-7 days lang. Eh same lang naman na may battery.

Sent from my LG-H818P
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    To avoid situations like this, you should've returned everything included in the item. That's just how their processing works even if we find it impractical or tedious. So you're incomplete return is sitting in their warehouse until someone there is smart enough to figure out what to do. But most employees are robots, they follow procedures to the letter.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    To avoid situations like this, you should've returned everything included in the item. That's just how their processing works even if we find it impractical or tedious. So you're incomplete return is sitting in their warehouse until someone there is smart enough to figure out what to do. But most employees are robots, they follow procedures to the letter.
    i agree.
    i would have returned the entire, complete package.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This is noted. I usually buy only 1 item at the time in Lazada. If I get to buy multiple products, I'll separate the orders.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Ako hindi ko maisip na bakit powerbank 1month lead time ibinigay sa akin.
    Hindi pwede ipadala by air. Kahit LBC, ayaw tanggapin ang powerbank. Kung galing pa overseas, matagal talaga.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast