New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksie
    para ngang fake yun 1st pic parang traffic jam na hindi. Pano kung maharness ng alquaida yan technology to make the perfect storm patay na haha.
    ..reminds me of an old G.I. Joe movie

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    M54: Where there any tornados? Hale Storms? Good to hear that your house was spared. Saw a feature on discovery about super storms and this is a super storm
    walang tornado dito, but there were quite a few in Alabama and Mississippi because of Katrina.

i think the so-called 'perfect storm' is a category 5, where winds are clocked at a sustained 160+ mph, and even buildings suffer complete failure. if you do a google search on hurricane Andrew you can see what kind of catastrophe these hurricanes create.

hurricane Katrina was a category 5, and the director of the US National Hurricane Center actually used the words "perfect hurricane" to describe it. he also said that the measured surface air pressure for Katrina was the 3rd-lowest ever recorded in history (low air pressure = higher winds). sa awa ng diyos it "weakened" to cat 4 before striking the Gulf Coast.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    worse than eber.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    btw, speaking of insurer losses, that $26b in estimated damages is insured losses only - i.e. the amount of payments the insurance companies have to pay. wala pa diyan ang uninsured losses, which could be hundreds of millions more.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    by the way... I've noticed that most American homes are built of flimsy wood instead of concrete (like here in the Philippines). that's why they get blown away easily.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    huff n puff n blow ur house down

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    kakanuod ko lang ng CNN grabe talaga ang damage...si Bush nga daw hindi makapaniwala sa nakita niya nakasakay siya sa airforce1.maswerte parin ang Pilipinas kahit papaano..lets pray this will not happen to us...napaisip ako,yung kayang mga pinoy na gustong-gusto magmigrate sa US eh tutuloy pa?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mazdamazda:by the way... I've noticed that most American homes are built of flimsy wood instead of concrete (like here in the Philippines). that's why they get blown away easily.
    yan din sabi ni bro. our houses here are actually much stronger than those in the US(generally speaking). On the upside though, building/rebuilding a home is much cheaper and faster, almost literally like Lego blocks kabilis

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    kala ko di binabaha ang america... Iba talaga si mother nature.

10. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueGirl
    ...napaisip ako,yung kayang mga pinoy na gustong-gusto magmigrate sa US eh tutuloy pa?
    Oo naman. Eh kung giyera sa Iraq hindi pinansin eh. :D

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Hurricane Katrina aftermath in pics