New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    totoo ba yan? bakit parang mga laruan? and parepareho mga cars?
    Looks like somebody's dealership parking lot. Brand new ata lahat iyan, wawa yung insurer niyan.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the katrina monster

26 BILLION dollars damage is more than our national budget ... and yes, katrina's size would have engulfed the whole philippines

nakaka-awa ang new orleans ... below sea level pala yun

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    Sila M54 affected din ata ng Hurricane Katrina sa Florida...
    yes we were...direct hit din kami but we were lucky to get her as a category 1 (75 mph sustained winds). even then my whole front yard is devastated and my trees are all down. thank god the house sustained no damage. most of miami (30 mi. south of me) sustained severe flooding and 9 people were killed.

LA, MS and AL got hit after Katrina strengthened to a category 4 (135+ mph winds) besides the winds that basically blew everything down (in one pic i saw a house ripped off its foundations and pushed out into the street. another pic showed a 20-foot boat that basically flew up into the sky and landed on a building a few blocks inland), there was severe flooding in a city (New Orleans) that's already below sea level and requires constant dredging/pumping to stay dry.

yesterday the NO levees (basically a dirt dam) broke and increased the flooding to the extent where some areas of the city are now under 20 feet of water. casualties are unknown but estimated to be high. the city of Biloxi, Mississippi alone has already confirmed 100+ dead.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lupet talaga lakas ng mother nature...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    sana walang mangyaring ganyan dto s pinas..

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    kawawa naman ...pinaghirapan nila mga properties nila

then mauuwi lang pala sa pag kawasak...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    grabe..26 BILLION DOLLARS ang damage..

M54: Where there any tornados? Hale Storms? Good to hear that your house was spared. Saw a feature on discovery about super storms and this is a super storm
    Last edited by ILuvDetailing; September 1st, 2005 at 12:31 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    para ngang fake yun 1st pic parang traffic jam na hindi. Pano kung maharness ng alquaida yan technology to make the perfect storm patay na haha.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    well, if its any consolation to home owners there, matitino ung insurance companies dyan. i saw this insurance guy knocking on one of the broken houses after the last big California quake(yes, insurance company mismo ang naghahanap sa mga kliyente). Dito, pasalamat ka na kung di nalulugi ung insurance firm.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Hurricane Katrina aftermath in pics