New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Add ko lang sa list of semi-close calls. One time along EDSA -- it was a -ber month and at about 9 or 11 pm may lalaking nakahiga in the middle of the road half naked. I think he wantred to commit suicide kasi mukhang buhay pa eh. Buti naka-bright ako then and I saw him quite a way off.

Another time, 2 kids were play-fighting inside their bakuran on a small country lane. I was only going around 30-40 but decided to slow down because 1 of them might just run. True enough, 1 kid got hit by the other and ran right onto the road! Guess his angel MADE me slow down and made sure it was me crossing the road rather than, say, a bus or a jeep.

More recently, similar small country lane (but with lots of traffic), may yaya na may bitbit na infant at katabing toddler. Tumigil ang yaya nung mapansin niya ako coming but I decided to slow down on the theory that the crazy fool might not be holding the hand of the toddler whose hand wasn't visible to me. True enough takbo yung bata patawid at biglang preno ako. Pumara naman ako at sinigawan ko yung yaya. I hope it had an effect.

Things that make me slow down (and honk) on a road -- children by the roadside (isn't that the only thing worse than running over an adult?). Animal manure on the road. Newly stopped public tranpo enough for passenger to go down and be ready to cross -- in case tatawid yung bumaba at hilo pa sa biyahe.

After those, dasal and presence of mind na lang talaga.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nakasagasa na ako ng aso't pusa, ung pusa mga 2 months ago lang, paglabas ko ng garahe, pag start ng oto, asa makina natutulog ung pusa, so bumaba sya, sakto umandar ako(d ko nadinig kse nakasara bintana), ayun, napasigaw na lang wife ko nung may tumalsik na dugo galing sa gulong huhu(sya kse magsasara ng gate e).

Ung aso, years ago na, matulin takbo ko nun kse madaling araw na, pauwi sa amin, biglang may tumawid na aso, nde na ako naka preno and hindi na ako kumabig kse mejo maliit ung daan at mabato, ayun sapul! paguwi ko ng bahay tiningnan ko harapan ng oto, bakat ung aso sa plate number ko

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Add ko lang uli. Notice how it's actually hard to run over a native chicken? I mean, several times na I thought for sure nasagasaan ko and yet when I look at the rear view puro feathers lang. hehehe.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ako naman for some unknown reason, I always hit a flying bird. yun tipong nasa kalsada siya tapos lilipad, inaabot ko. and insects too ...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Not your DNA, but viral and bacterial DNA/RNA has the ability to transfect into a host cell giving it another life (sorry, I'm taking molecular biology/genetics hehe).

Then again their experience is still at the human level. It has never been done yet. Why not ask sheep? They (and their clones) should know
    as simon cowell would say: i didnt understand a word you said

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    this thread gives me the creeps... *shakes* gnnnnnnnnnnn

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    ako naman for some unknown reason, I always hit a flying bird. yun tipong nasa kalsada siya tapos lilipad, inaabot ko. and insects too ...
    Hehe. Why do birds ... suddenly appear everytime you are near.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Cweepy These are some of the things I keep in mind when I drive, hence the defensive driving. I don't want to end up being haunted by a memory of a mistake. I'd rather have people laugh at me because I drive slow than to worry about an irreversible mistake.

muntik na ako ma-experience to..noong gamit ko ang heavy 4wd-delica ko with center guard... accident, kasi nasagi ng naunang van sa akin ung manong na nag-bibike sa gitna ng daan, nawalan ng control, e kasunod ako, no where to go, no time to turn a high-standing 4wd van safely..in short, nasalo ko ang kasalan nang nauna sa akin! kaya ako na pinagbigtangan ng mga nakakita! nanyari to after ng between ng tulay after TIP-manila and before sa stoplight na before sa paliko sa malacanyang..

the good thing is di siya tumama sa center guard, ung bike lang ang nadurog sa ilalim, ung dent sa right-front sa former van ko will be the reminder na tumama si manong dun.. buti the van skid-stopped 2-inches before umabot yung right front tires ko sa side nya..i rushed him to the nearest hospital, private one, ung sa UN-ave, not sa PGH(tatawid pa kasi at emergency,e...)

dad and mom take care of the bill, uzi's, lying witnesses and the police....and i drive now with utmost care and hate to bicycle/motorcycle riders who disregard safety and rules, na sure silang sila ang papaboran ng batas kaysa sa ating mag naka-4wheeled vehicles!--> i give them an annoying HORN if they get on my nerves..

ps > ako pag nagddrive iwas ako sa mga animals din, tingin sa ilalim.. binubusinahan ko sila/ kung makaakiwas, iiwas ako...hindi ako pro-life and respect sa animals..pero...isipin naman nyo....

[size=2]kadiri namang habang naglilinis ka, may makuha kang paa/body part ng animal sa tapaludo/sa ilalim ng sasakyan mo...paano kung nagalaw pa! YAAAAAKKKK![/size]
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; May 8th, 2007 at 05:43 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    dont wanna think about it.....for that will be the last happy days of your life.Swerte ka kung dika kulong or lamog sa bugbog ng mga uzis.
    The key word is discipline, for the drivers and the pedestrians as well.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
How does it feel like to run over a person?