New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    BTW, for bathroom fixtures/accessories like wash basin, faucets, shower heads, toilets/water closets, bathtubs, where do you buy these at the best prices? Do the normal hardware stores carry these? I usually see these at Home Depots and ACE/Handyman outlets, but i guess they have that added price. Some brands i see at these outlets are American Standard, HCG..
    safest and widest choices ang wilcon builder's. noong ginawa ang bahay namin, lahat sa wilcon namin kinuha, pwede pa ibalik pag hindi tama ang nabili mo within 30 days.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    I'm currently renovating our house.

For our masters bedroom, gusto ni misis lakihan ang walk-in closet, so kumuha kami ng space from the adjacent room.
    Ang problem ko now is baka hindi umabot sa loob ng walk-in closet yung lamig ng aircon. Can I put a sort of transfer fan to suck in air from the bedroom and blow it into the walk-in closet through the ceiling?

Also, sa mga toilets naman, ang gagawin ng contractor is put new tiles over the old tiles. Ok lang ba ito?
    first, kailangan ba na lumamig din ang walk-in closet?

on the tiles, mas ok kung tanggalin yung dati kasi makakabawas ng space, at me chance na mabasag ang newly-installed tiles pag di maganda ang base

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post
    first, kailangan ba na lumamig din ang walk-in closet?

on the tiles, mas ok kung tanggalin yung dati kasi makakabawas ng space, at me chance na mabasag ang newly-installed tiles pag di maganda ang base
    Pagsummer kasi, super init sa 2nd floor. And mahirap din magbihis ng pinagpapawisa ka.

I've searched the net, and medyo common ng ginagawa ang tile-over-tile. May ipapahid munang tile adhesive.
    Floor to ceiling ang wall tiles. Half inch lang naman ang dagdag sa kapal ng tile plus adhesives.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Pagsummer kasi, super init sa 2nd floor. And mahirap din magbihis ng pinagpapawisa ka.

I've searched the net, and medyo common ng ginagawa ang tile-over-tile. May ipapahid munang tile adhesive.
    Floor to ceiling ang wall tiles. Half inch lang naman ang dagdag sa kapal ng tile plus adhesives.
    Masmakapit yata ang tile pag magaspang ang surface, di ko lang alam yung tile adhesive sa smooth surface

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    maraming klase ang grout adhesive.. di gaya noon kailangan talagang mag tiktik..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm also planning to install a water softener and carbon filter in my main water line. Our relatives/visitors always complain of the smell of our water (nawasa) when they take a bath or brush their teeth. Ang ang tindi din magwater spots sa mga bathroom fixtures and kitchen sinks.

The carbon filter will eliminate the odor and the softener will solve my water spot problem.

My question now is when bathing. How hard will it be to rinse off the soap from the skin. Hindi kaya ako mabwisit na parang ayaw matanggal ng sabon? And baka lumali lang ang water bill ko sa kaka-rinse?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Sa mga toilet, hindi advisable ang tile-over-tile (although common na ito). Bababa kasi ang water closet lalo na kung naka-fix ito with grout. pero pwede rin kung isasabay na itataas din ang mounting pad niya.

Regarding sa heat sa 2nd floor (mostly 2 storey houses). It is due to heat convection and less exterior openings (operable windows). Solution is to add more vents on the eaves or if possible, roof dormer to draw out the warm air at roof plenum. The best roofing system (cooler) is a multi-layer (like concrete roof tiles over corr. roof sheathing + insulation), but it's expensive and heavy.

If the ceiling is high enough, you can also add a clerestory window (awning type) above the door header to improve air movement inside. It can be closed if the space is cooled with aircon unit.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by KERSMcRae View Post
    Sa mga toilet, hindi advisable ang tile-over-tile (although common na ito). Bababa kasi ang water closet lalo na kung naka-fix ito with grout. pero pwede rin kung isasabay na itataas din ang mounting pad niya.

Regarding sa heat sa 2nd floor (mostly 2 storey houses). It is due to heat convection and less exterior openings (operable windows). Solution is to add more vents on the eaves or if possible, roof dormer to draw out the warm air at roof plenum. The best roofing system (cooler) is a multi-layer (like concrete roof tiles over corr. roof sheathing + insulation), but it's expensive and heavy.

If the ceiling is high enough, you can also add a clerestory window (awning type) above the door header to improve air movement inside. It can be closed if the space is cooled with aircon unit.
    I'll be replacing all the water closets in the toilets, so ok lang na tumaas yung floor.

Our windows are huge. 3m x 1.5m each. But in the expanded walk-in closet, ang window lang will be the one in the toilet na maliit lang. Kaya I'm planning to install n parang exhaust fan that will suck in air from the bedroom into the walk-in closet, pero sa taas ng ceiling ang ductings and vents.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I'm also planning to install a water softener and carbon filter in my main water line. Our relatives/visitors always complain of the smell of our water (nawasa) when they take a bath or brush their teeth. Ang ang tindi din magwater spots sa mga bathroom fixtures and kitchen sinks.

The carbon filter will eliminate the odor and the softener will solve my water spot problem.

My question now is when bathing. How hard will it be to rinse off the soap from the skin. Hindi kaya ako mabwisit na parang ayaw matanggal ng sabon? And baka lumali lang ang water bill ko sa kaka-rinse?

di ba sapat lang yung filters? 4 na yung filters namin sa bahay, nagkukulay na yung mga tiles (namumuti) namin. nawala yung amoy, pero yung kulay na naiiwan sa mga tiles, adun pa rin. btw, water source from our village is deep well. drinking water is of course....binibili.

so separate ba yung filter & water softeners?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hiwalay yung carbon filter sa softener.

May carbon filter ba kayo? If yes, then the carbon filter should eliminate the water discoloration. Unless maliit ang filter nyo versus your water consumption.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
House Renovation