New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Our soon-to-be townhouse needs immediate renovation, and once the deal finally completes, i intend to have a contractor take a look for an estimate on renovation. So i need suggestions/feedback on contractors that you guys had good experiences with. Or have friends who had good experiences with. At a reasonable price, but excellent workmanship, syempre trustworthy din sana. I'm on a tight budget din, so negotiable naman yong gusto ko pagawa. I can prioritize what needs immediate attention, depende sa magiging quotation.

The lot area is 64 sqm, floor area is around 150sqm, 3 floors, 4 bedrooms(2 each on the 2nd & 3rd floor), 3 t&b.

Here's what i have in mind for renovation:

Roofing repairs/renovation to get rid of possible leaks
    - may water marks na kasi sa one part of the ceiling, so malamang may leak na

Rejuvenate wooden flooring (may have to replace some parts) on the 2nd & 3rd floor
    - the wood flooring have scratch marks and discoloration/fading. a small part is rotten. depending on cost of labor/material, i may have to replace everything(or not)

Master's bedroom expansion
    - the adjacent room will have to be reduced in size(will just use it as a office/study). current (room)divider is a floor to ceiling built-in cabinet.

Main Toilet & Bath renovation
    - rejuvenate/replace tiles, painting
    - replace shower system as it is not working anymore
    - replace sink/faucets with one having countertop
    - add hot & cold water facility to this bathroom, piping ready for hot&cold
    - if budget permits, add a bath tub(probably needs to expand the bathroom if ever)

Kitchen renovation
    - kitchen already has countertop and cabinets, but we would like additional extension(around 5') countertop made.
    - install better sink & faucet, the one installed now is already old & a cheap set
    - add provision for range hood
    - paint/rejuvenate cabinets

Overall Plumbing work
    - to check/fix and make everything working
    - to install additional sink/faucets/tub plumbing if necessary

Paint work
    - painting of the whole house - interior & exterior

Electrical/Cabling/Phone line checks & service
    - the unit has an outlet on each room for telephone and cable tv as far as i check. i don't know though if these still work. i'd like to revive these outlets to their functional condition if possible.

General cleaning/renovation of Flooring/Tiles on the 1st floor
    - medyo madami na mantsa nung tiles, needs treatment of muriatic acid, probably para bumalik kintab nya

Upgrade the lighting on the living & dining rooms, hallways & bedrooms, kitchen
    - usual flourescent lamps/bulbs ang gamit as of now, plan ko palagyan ng may design na ilaw

So far, these are what we intend done. Please post if you have any suggestions on contractors and ideas(do's & don'ts) on the general renovation itself based on your experiences.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dude, malaki-laking trabaho yan ah... meron tayo ditong isang member whose into construction business...van wilder yata... I think nasa sig niya ang contact details niya....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tip ko lang pala ikaw na lang bumili ng mga fixtures na kailangan lights, sinks etc...mas makakamura ka....pati tiles ikaw na rin bumili...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    ^^^ yup, medyo malaking work nga. i have 2 contractors checked it out. magpapagawa din lang, might as well pagawa na lahat kelangangan pagawa.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    dude, malaki-laking trabaho yan ah... meron tayo ditong isang member whose into construction business...van wilder yata... I think nasa sig niya ang contact details niya....
    i think his company's mostly into constructing new houses.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    tip ko lang pala ikaw na lang bumili ng mga fixtures na kailangan lights, sinks etc...mas makakamura ka....pati tiles ikaw na rin bumili...
    thanks. i plan to do just that.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    BTW, for bathroom fixtures/accessories like wash basin, faucets, shower heads, toilets/water closets, bathtubs, where do you buy these at the best prices? Do the normal hardware stores carry these? I usually see these at Home Depots and ACE/Handyman outlets, but i guess they have that added price. Some brands i see at these outlets are American Standard, HCG..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm currently renovating our house.

For our masters bedroom, gusto ni misis lakihan ang walk-in closet, so kumuha kami ng space from the adjacent room.
    Ang problem ko now is baka hindi umabot sa loob ng walk-in closet yung lamig ng aircon. Can I put a sort of transfer fan to suck in air from the bedroom and blow it into the walk-in closet through the ceiling?

Also, sa mga toilets naman, ang gagawin ng contractor is put new tiles over the old tiles. Ok lang ba ito?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    BTW, for bathroom fixtures/accessories like wash basin, faucets, shower heads, toilets/water closets, bathtubs, where do you buy these at the best prices? Do the normal hardware stores carry these? I usually see these at Home Depots and ACE/Handyman outlets, but i guess they have that added price. Some brands i see at these outlets are American Standard, HCG..
    safest and widest choices ang wilcon builder's. noong ginawa ang bahay namin, lahat sa wilcon namin kinuha, pwede pa ibalik pag hindi tama ang nabili mo within 30 days.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Wow! This is a major renovation and were asking big money here. Anyway, its your domain and want the best of it.

With this kind of big job you must look for a reputable license contractor, with a proven quality work. You must not settle for a bargain if you are not sure this people. Ask about their previous project, ask others who have experinced with that particular contractor how good thier craftmanship and most of it if they stand there quality meaning "satisfaction garuantee". Get at least three stimate from diff. contractor. If you do your homework before the job, less problem and before you know it, youre enjoying your pad.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Silicon? Wala ung sa amin, sinilip ko tuloy, malinis naman, 6 months na naming gamit.img_20210429_162739.jpgimg_20210429_163035.jpg

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Silicon? Wala ung sa amin, sinilip ko tuloy, malinis naman, 6 months na naming gamit.img_20210429_162739.jpgimg_20210429_163035.jpg

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    yup... yung gap ng sink and countertop... palagi kong issue yan noon. pero every 2 years ko linilinis (tanggal silicon tapos palit), di naman every year.

Anyway, as I said, looking for a solution to save the current countertop... sana may mag reply sa mga pinadalhan ko ng message.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
House Renovation