New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 138 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141 LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1404
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    Kakaibahay Episode 01: A Family Home Inspired By An Art Deco Municipal Hall in Iloilo - YouTube

Is it just me or is the house from the outside looks like a mausoleum?
    if the structure were bigger, it would look like the usual municipio.
    but as its size is considerably smaller, it does look like a mosoleo.
    to me, mosoleos are the usual architecture, but on a much smaller footprint.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Problem din namin yung slab concrete roof namin na tumatagos ang tubig. We already put a lot into it. Fiber glass na yun? Ilalatag sa roof and tutunawin, also yung parang black tar na naka roll, latag din sa roof and tutunawin. Pero we still have leaks.

Then nung nagagawa father in law ko ng roof nila na concrete slab din, nilagyan nila ng yero na palaman sa loob ng concrete mismo. I wish we knew that bago kami nagpa gawa.

We are planning on adding 3rd floor and we will apply that on the 3rd floor roof.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Bro. check out membrane waterproofing. We have this for our approx 60sqm balcony which also is our roof for our rides, and thankfully, after more than 15 years, no leak...

Be wary though of seepage under the membrane...

Thinking about your experience, baka seepage under your waterproofing material?

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Bro. check out membrane waterproofing. We have this for our approx 60sqm balcony which also is our roof for our rides, and thankfully, after more than 15 years, no leak...

yun din naisip ko bro, baka yun pipes for drain doon naka sandwich

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    I think he already used membrane, bituminous membrane, accdg to him gumamit na sya ng sinusunog, and I think ito yun. I also used bituminous on my roof which has a poor slope, ang tulo nanggaling sa crack sa concrete wall, going past the bitumen. I used Henkel's Sista, paintable waterproofing, to seal the cracks

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009

Yes, I think seapage nga, iniisip ko sa mga kanto baka hindi fully covered yung kanto. Yung tubig kasi na pumapasok sa bahay eh hindi naman tulo from the roof eh. Parang katas from wall.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    I think he already used membrane, bituminous membrane, accdg to him gumamit na sya ng sinusunog, and I think ito yun. I also used bituminous on my roof which has a poor slope, ang tulo nanggaling sa crack sa concrete wall, going past the bitumen. I used Henkel's Sista, paintable waterproofing, to seal the cracks

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Yes, I remember buying something called bitumen, yan yata yung ginagamit sa asphalt? Also something called fiber glass pero white sya na nilalatag at sinusunog.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    bitumen. asphalt.
    we tried that, too.
    whether it was poor application or whatever,
    ours leaked again, after some time.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    bitumen. asphalt.
    we tried that, too.
    whether it was poor application or whatever,
    ours leaked again, after some time.
    Malamang poor application, maybe we really need the application supervised. Mahirap ang "Pwede na" sa roof as minor imperfection makes the whole thing worthless.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Yes, I think seapage nga, iniisip ko sa mga kanto baka hindi fully covered yung kanto. Yung tubig kasi na pumapasok sa bahay eh hindi naman tulo from the roof eh. Parang katas from wall.

Yes, leak was something like katas....

Bro - to share my experience, we flooded the balcony for a couple of days, no leak.

Then after a few days of rain, traces of leak appeared, so we removed the cement and the membrane, redid the construction and we flooded the balcony again - no leak.

Then it rained again - there was leak again, and so we put waterproofing material on the side wall of the balcony, the one adjacent to the rain drain of my neighbor... No more leak after that....

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Yes, leak was something like katas....

Bro - to share my experience, we flooded the balcony for a couple of days, no leak.

Then after a few days of rain, traces of leak appeared, so we removed the cement and the membrane, redid the construction and we flooded the balcony again - no leak.

Then it rained again - there was leak again, and so we put waterproofing material on the side wall of the balcony, the one adjacent to the rain drain of my neighbor... No more leak after that....
    Thanks for the tip. Balak namin lagyan na ng roof 3rd floor and address the side walls, mukhanh side walls nga problema. Katabi kasi namin yung bahay ng in laws and naka slope papunta sa min ung roof nila. I think we need to add waterproofing din sa side na yun.

OK na sa kin seapage sa wall, wag lang bunabaha sa 2nd floor, delikado sa electronics.

Last edited by BratPAQ; April 9th, 2021 at 11:58 PM.

House Constuction [Merged]