New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 70 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    There is this funny ads from Indonesia or Malaysia. It's about a termite spray. It's like a foam that will attach to the termite but won't kill them immodestly. Hanggang makauwi sila sa nest nila and any other termite who touched them would be killed too.

I was wondering if anyone knows the generic name of that product or kung may same kind of product here in the Philippines?
    yes,
    i've heard of this since before covid. locally available.
    i just can't remember the name...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    There is this funny ads from Indonesia or Malaysia. It's about a termite spray. It's like a foam that will attach to the termite but won't kill them immodestly. Hanggang makauwi sila sa nest nila and any other termite who touched them would be killed too.

I was wondering if anyone knows the generic name of that product or kung may same kind of product here in the Philippines?
    Chaindrite?

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by n_spinner06 View Post
    Chaindrite?

Yes!! Yan nga yung commercial. Is there a local equivalent of that product?

https://youtu.be/aXP3C5Kg-7w

4. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Yes!! Yan nga yung commercial. Is there a local equivalent of that product?

https://youtu.be/aXP3C5Kg-7w
    Quick check in shopee...i think sold locally naman yung product. screenshot_2023-07-11-07-53-42-16_2abacf34316c15a12c3cebabd203d65f.jpg

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016

The active ingredient of non repellent termiticide are usually filpronil or imidacloprid.

Marami nyan sa Lazada, like Termidor or Taurus SC, both filpronil. But I don't know if they come in foam spray form. Meron powder, which they use as bait. Same principle, lalakaran ng termites, at ita transmit sa kasama nila hanggang sa queen bee. Careful lang if you have pets.

Alphacypermethrin pala ang active ingredient ng Chaindrite, ginoogle ko. Permethrin ata commonly used insectide?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    The active ingredient of non repellent termiticide are usually filpronil or imidacloprid.

Marami nyan sa Lazada, like Termidor or Taurus SC, both filpronil. But I don't know if they come in foam spray form. Meron powder, which they use as bait. Same principle, lalakaran ng termites, at ita transmit sa kasama nila hanggang sa queen bee. Careful lang if you have pets.

Alphacypermethrin pala ang active ingredient ng Chaindrite, ginoogle ko. Permethrin ata commonly used insectide?
    I keep a few cans of Bayer Premise(Imidacloprid 0.05%). Similar to the non-repellent Termidor. Pretty effective for resident indoor above-ground drywood termites. Just drill series of holes onto suspected areas of activity/infestation. Spray in the foam & patch it up w/ putty. It won't be instant, but they'll eventually be rid of. Avoid repellent termicides...they're not as effective as the non-repellent foam. 20230131_082531.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Can it be put in a roll of tissue instead and covered with tape on the infected area? That's what the termite company did with one of our doorjambs. The reason being that the soft tissue is much preferred than the harder wood and indeed after 2 weeks it was already half consumed. So he placed another one, and again after 2 weeks, no bites. Means mission accomplished [emoji3]

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Can it be put in a roll of tissue instead and covered with tape on the infected area? That's what the termite company did with one of our doorjambs. The reason being that the soft tissue is much preferred than the harder wood and indeed after 2 weeks it was already half consumed. So he placed another one, and again after 2 weeks, no bites. Means mission accomplished [emoji3]
    Hehe...to get more miles out a can? Can they be sure the activity dint just move elsewhere? Hitting suspected areas at multiple points raises coverage & success rate. I initially experimented Premise & now try to keep a few cans handy. Easy effective DIY.
    For prevention, we trench perimeter walls on all our recent builds....gives owners that option to DIY & save sums.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    On a different note Sir Travs, is there a simple metric used to estimate cost of kitchen cabinets, countertop and built-in cabinets?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    On a different note Sir Travs, is there a simple metric used to estimate cost of kitchen cabinets, countertop and built-in cabinets?
    With the accessibility of everything you only used to see in luxury euro cabinetry, guesstimates are no longer that simple. Local customizers have come a long way, too. Carcass materials now have rot/borer-proof options. Drawers are more of integral load-bearing systems these days. Granite is more memorial park than kitchen material now. Cabinetry, usage, needs, tech & lifestyle have evolved so much....we have to constantly update.
    I suggest to shop around, sir. Lotsa options & the cost range has widened significantly.

House Construction