New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 22 of 76 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Problem ko kita sa kalye ang wall in question. End unit kami ng townhouse at vacant lot ang katabi. I think I'll try the waterproofing paint approach muna. Pag sobrang hassle na talaga tsaka ko consider ang cladding. Besides, may plan pa kaming renovation sa side ng wall na yun.
    If you want pretty leak protection you won't ever need to repaint nor worry about corrosion or dents, VINYL SIDINGS. Flexible, time & element-tested. Gentek(Canadian-made), among the best, is available locally. They're a worthy 1 time investment.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    We have a Mango tree that is planted close to the fence and its branches are extending on our neighbor's property and they claim that it's causing damage on their roof and they need frequent repairs because of the tree. A few months ago our neighbor saw me walking my bicol lab and asked permission if they can cut the branches extending in their property and I agreed.

However, today my Mom informed me that our neighbor went over and they want us to pay for the cost of trimming! I told my Mom that they should shoulder it since they want it cut but my Mom said that it's our tree so we are responsible for it. I consulted a lawyer and he confirmed we should pay :P My Mom (and my Dad) are all for diplomacy and pakikisama, God is so good that I was not home when our neighbor came over, otherwise I would not have readily agreed to shoulder it and would have strained our good relationship(Sa US kasi I googled and it's the neighbor that pays)

Lesson learned is NOT to plant a mango tree near a fence/gate or structure because the roots will damage it. This tree is also the reason why our second gate cannot be opened anymore because it was misaligned already. My Lola also had the mango tree in the garden cut because it made the flooring in the lanai crack (the tree was several meters away) My ex Kuya told me Mango trees have very large roots pala and can extend far so don't plant unless you can position it far from any structure

I do know that it does NOT cost peanuts to have it cut because when UF had a tree cut (smaller than ours) it was really expensive. Also, my Mom said we are not allowed to just cut trees without informing the homeowner's assoc or barangay ata

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    We have a Mango tree that is planted close to the fence and its branches are extending on our neighbor's property and they claim that it's causing damage on their roof and they need frequent repairs because of the tree. A few months ago our neighbor saw me walking my bicol lab and asked permission if they can cut the branches extending in their property and I agreed.

However, today my Mom informed me that our neighbor went over and they want us to pay for the cost of trimming! I told my Mom that they should shoulder it since they want it cut but my Mom said that it's our tree so we are responsible for it. I consulted a lawyer and he confirmed we should pay :P My Mom (and my Dad) are all for diplomacy and pakikisama, God is so good that I was not home when our neighbor came over, otherwise I would not have readily agreed to shoulder it and would have strained our good relationship(Sa US kasi I googled and it's the neighbor that pays)

Lesson learned is NOT to plant a mango tree near a fence/gate or structure because the roots will damage it. This tree is also the reason why our second gate cannot be opened anymore because it was misaligned already. My Lola also had the mango tree in the garden cut because it made the flooring in the lanai crack (the tree was several meters away) My ex Kuya told me Mango trees have very large roots pala and can extend far so don't plant unless you can position it far from any structure

I do know that it does NOT cost peanuts to have it cut because when UF had a tree cut (smaller than ours) it was really expensive. Also, my Mom said we are not allowed to just cut trees without informing the homeowner's assoc or barangay ata
    Getting rid of trees is a complicated process with DENR permits and etc.

In a new construction, we try to have the owner sort out the permits for trees to be moved or removed before the start of construction.

Or just wait for a storm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post

In a new construction, we try to have the owner sort out the permits for trees to be moved or removed before the start of construction.

Or just wait for a storm

Hmmm so when there is a storm, it can be a perfect time to cut the tree so no need for the denr permits?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post

Or just wait for a storm

Yes and this tree is over 2 stories high kasi lampas lampas na height sa roof namin. We have a smaller mango tree that my Dad had cut because it was near the structure and he was afraid that if a huge storm would uproot it e wasak house namin lol. Sayang kasi sarap bunga nun House Construction

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    P12k for a few branches, though it took 7 men and they used a chainsaw. They have to go back because they only finished cutting the branches that are in our neighbor's fence na. Wala pang 1/4 nabawas sa branches LOL! The barangay and HOA oversaw it (daming arte!) Buti pa kila UF P20k for the whole tree but that was over a decade ago. Told my Mom it won't be cheap e ayaw maniwala

7. Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    P12k for a few branches, though it took 7 men and they used a chainsaw. They have to go back because they only finished cutting the branches that are in our neighbor's fence na. Wala pang 1/4 nabawas sa branches LOL! The barangay and HOA oversaw it (daming arte!) Buti pa kila UF P20k for the whole tree but that was over a decade ago. Told my Mom it won't be cheap e ayaw maniwala
    12k?! Mahal nga magpatrim ng puno! I presume need nila ng matataas na ladder or yung ladder connected sa truck na parang meralco?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Papajamba View Post
    12k?! Mahal nga magpatrim ng puno! I presume need nila ng matataas na ladder or yung ladder connected sa truck na parang meralco?

I didn't notice e. My Mom just told me. Relatively cheap pa nga daw kasi those are workers from the barangay. Natatawa ako sa Mom ko, I told her impossible na mura lang yan, e ayaw maniwala House Construction

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How much or what percentage of the project cost should be the labor?

May ipapatayo akong small storage room, around 20+sqm. Don't know if I'll pay the laborers daily or pakyaw.
    Signature

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    How much or what percentage of the project cost should be the labor?

May ipapatayo akong small storage room, around 20+sqm. Don't know if I'll pay the laborers daily or pakyaw.
    30% but it varies

If you can monitor and manage them daily, daily could be cheaper

Of course pakyaw will be more expensive but at least your cost is fixed.

House Construction