New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 76 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Ours is about 65sqm of open second floor balcony to contend with.....
    Wow! This is already a mansion!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Baeconator99 View Post
    Our starter home. Work in progress.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

how much per sq.m.?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Wow!
    Hindsight being 20/20 - wasted space/material bro.... Should not be there...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Agree with you bro, waterproofing is a big concern with open balconies.... Even if you're using membrane waterproofing material.... Ours is about 65sqm of open second floor balcony to contend with.....
    It's a pain for everyone(the owner, the most) to deal w/ leaks....the damage, the inconvenience & the cost.
    Though we've so far had luck w/ measures to not lean on surface applied waterproofing as primary leak defense(by concrete mixture & thickness tweaks), the designers we're blessed to work w/ have always been conscious in efforts to keep slabs away from element exposure.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    I feel the same way about balconies sir, I compare it to a treadmill, you use it only for a month and then put it aside.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I feel the same way about balconies sir, I compare it to a treadmill, you use it only for a month and then put it aside.
    Haha...& pools.House Construction

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Hehe true about balconies and how often they are used..... Especially in our climate. But yeah waterproofing will drive you nuts.

Congratz on your new home. Your starter home is the dream home for many already. Hehehe.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    My only consolation bro. is that not one of our vehicles is part of the street parking problem in our village...

And they're all under a roof....

9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Its always depend on the structure
    itself weak structures of balcony slab are prone to cracks which causes leaks. Always provide temperature bars for exposed concrete slabs and concrete mix should have good workability.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Grats, sir. Careful w/ unroofed balconies. Waterproofing service life is finite. Choose a ceiling material that won't be collateral damage by future leaks. There are vinyl & metal ceiling panels. Cemboard & gypsum won't stand a chance. Just my 2cents, sir.

Thank you. I was choosing between PVC ceilings and gypsum board for the garage. Due to budget constraint, I opted for the latter and will just replace it with PVC when the time comes.

Page 10 of 76 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
House Construction