New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Impression kasi namin sa La Salle e student is more powerfult than the teacher, pag bagsak ka e pupuntahan ng magulang ang prof and scare them to hell. CSB naman e yun nga, parang recycling bin ng LS. Ayway, impressions lang naman yun and may not in fact necessarily be true. Alhtough I had several profs in my school that attested to the La Salle student power because they taught there also. Nag quit na sila, kasi nga ganun. Takutan. Peace.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter View Post
    nasa tao yan..wala sa eskwelahan.

yan ang ayoko sa pag iisip ng pinoy pagdating sa edukasyon.

hindi naman yung school ang may kasalanan ng pag unlad at pagbagsak ng isang tao eh...kundi yung ugali ng tao sa pag aaral.
    i strongly agree with this. i've known people who:

a. is a graduate of Jose Rizal College. Did not take any postgraduate course, but is now a SVP in one of the top 3 life insurance companies of the Philippines;
    b. is a graduate of the University of the East. Again, did not take any postgraduate course, but is now a Chairman of the Board and CEO on one of the top 3 life insurance companies of the Philippines;
    c. is a graduate of St. Louis University. Did not take any postgraduate course, but is now a Vice president for Marketing in one of the top 3 life insurance companies of the Philippines.
    d. is a graduate of Cagayan State University. First job is a janitor/messenger. But because of sheer hardwork, is now a Vice President for marketing in one of the top 3 life insurance companies of the Philippines.
    e. a graduate of DLS-Main, pero he is not seriously taking his work. Is now jobless for almost 2 years.

hardwork, attitude and ability to learn. Keys to success. You make come from a good school, but you are not applying the things that you've learned and you don't want to learn anymore, walang mangyayari sa iyo.

in fact, one of my hiring strategy here at the office is for me to gauge the character of an applicant, not from the school the applicant came from. And guess what? One of my best guys here at the office is a young lad who came from Colegio de San Juan de Letran. I've just promoted a supervisor, who came from the University of the East and my trusted associate/assistant is a girl who graduated from St. paul's College.

schools only teach you theories and partly small applications. its up to the individual to expand those theories required for corporate life.

'nuff said.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    nicely said HG. sana lahat ng nag-iinterview e katulad mo.
    i think basta serious/passionate sila sa kanilang work, ok na.
    OT. HG, maganda ba yung assistant mong girl? ask lang ni kapatid. :lol:

4. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    Oh well... still go to the Top 3 schools: Ateneo, UP, La Salle...

Kung MBA its AIM, UP, Ateneo, La Salle...

For Finance I will give this to La Salle...

wala naman akong na-mention na CSB ha.... hehehehehe

take note that currently, top management from multinational corporations e puro taga Ateneo, UP, La Salle... based on experience, they still want to get their "ka-baros" kaya better stick to the top 3 schools....

Ano-ano kaya yung "top management from multinational corporations" para maiwasan na ng "others" school grads.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Nung orientation namin sa lasalle dati nung diniscribe dati ang benilde sabi nila ay ito daw ay for out of artsy types yung di pwede sa traditional method kaya mas may leeway daw sila in terms of academics. I guess they are just using a different method of instruction over there.

Graduate ako ng engineering sa dlsu, and sa college namin kung bagsak ka bagsak ka, di uubra ang pag iyak ng magulang mo dito. Although kaya ng estudyante mag patalsik ng prof (***ual harassment) ito lang naman ang narinig ko na incident so far. Pero personally i feel like i havent learned a lot from my school, fast paced kasi masyado, you are not really afforded much time to digest what you have learned. Kaya nga right now im thinking of getting a masters degree in engineering habang wala pa akong asawa. Feeling ko kasi parang hilaw pa ang nalalaman ko.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin View Post
    Ano-ano kaya yung "top management from multinational corporations" para maiwasan na ng "others" school grads.
    sadly, di lang school ang tinitingnan, pati face value na rin. may alam akong up grad na cumlaude na di natanggap dahil sa "face value" kilala ko kasi yung nag hihire eh.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    nicely said HG. sana lahat ng nag-iinterview e katulad mo.
    i think basta serious/passionate sila sa kanilang work, ok na.
    OT. HG, maganda ba yung assistant mong girl? ask lang ni kapatid. :lol:
    OT; yes, she's cute, chinita beauty.... around 5'6", and nice body. siguro mga 34B-24-36 yun.

too bad, she's 33 years old, is married with two kids. hehehehehehe.

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    OT; yes, she's cute, chinita beauty.... around 5'6", and nice body. siguro mga 34B-24-36 yun.

too bad, she's 33 years old, is married with two kids. hehehehehehe.
    amp, pati cup size alam ah. bro bka ikaw naman ama ung kids? :evillaugh
    sorry for the OT. back to regular programming.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by laklak View Post
    sadly, di lang school ang tinitingnan, pati face value na rin. may alam akong up grad na cumlaude na di natanggap dahil sa "face value" kilala ko kasi yung nag hihire eh.
    nag yayari talaga iyan lalo sa mga hospital (may alam ko Hospital na ganyan)
    kailangan may Pleasing Personality(parang saleslady na din )
    amp, pati cup size alam ah. bro bka ikaw naman ama ung kids?
    ganitong ganito din sana sasabihn ko kay sir HG...hehehe

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by laklak
    Pero personally i feel like i havent learned a lot from my school, fast paced kasi masyado, you are not really afforded much time to digest what you have learned. Kaya nga right now im thinking of getting a masters degree in engineering habang wala pa akong asawa. Feeling ko kasi parang hilaw pa ang nalalaman ko.
    amen to that bro; sobrang hectic lang talaga pag tri-sem. the tendency is to cram -- and when you cram, mabilis nga ang pasok ng info, pero ganun din kabilis mo malilimutan B)

sorry OT

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Honestly, what do you think of College of Saint Benilde?