New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nasa tao yan..wala sa eskwelahan.

yan ang ayoko sa pag iisip ng pinoy pagdating sa edukasyon.

hindi naman yung school ang may kasalanan ng pag unlad at pagbagsak ng isang tao eh...kundi yung ugali ng tao sa pag aaral.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    i think lahat naman ng colleges may stereotype.. pero pag nagwowork ka na napansin ko, it doesn't really matter what school you came from so as long as you perform..

i think the stereo type na "bagsakan ng mga lasallista" started about around 10 years ago.. I don't know kung ganito pa rin ang situation ngayon pero as for yung mga kilala kong mga taga CSB, they do fine right now, performing well in the real world.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Sir Revenant, what's lacking in Ateneo GBS? Schedule ba? Friend ko grad ng AIM, ayun mas mayabang pa than another friend who got his MBA sa CSB. they were both working while getting their masters so probably AIM has night sched. Yun lang po.
    Wala pa pong MBA degree sa Benilde.

What they have are specialized post-baccalaureate programs for HR, Retail, Real Estate, HRM, etc.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Currently studying at CSB-Taft (IM) and my sister at CSB-AKIC (HRIM), yeah we're the normal college branded with "tambakan ng bagsak sa DLSU-Taft" but it never gets on my nerves. AFAIK, all is well except for the tuition fee (+10K from DLSU-Taft).

Anyways, if there are rumors like tambakan ang CSB ng mga bagsak sa DLSU-Taft, well, at least you don't hear much of the horror stories na "uy si Prof. blablabla mahilig magbagsak yan!", "uy DL ka di ba? kahit wag ka na umattend ng class oks lang! Basta ipasa mo finals!" ekek...

Hmm... IIRC Nyoy Volante, Isabel Oli, Luis (tama ba?) Manzano, at marami pang iba na sa CSB nag-aaral ah.. ay si Nyoy pala grad na. Hehe..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    mukhang ok naman ang CSB eh. my gf graduated from csb and i dont think that she lacks intelligence. Natatalo pa nga ako nun lalo na pag magkalaban kami sa playstation. try mo sa DLSU main. alam ko may masters ng management dun. got my MSIT dun. night sched naman sila 6-9 pm mon to fri at pag sat 9-5 ang sched. or try mo sa UP diliman though not sure ako kung may night sched sila. Sa UPLB kasi alam ko 6- 9 pm din ang sched ng masteral as i recall.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Wala pa pong MBA degree sa Benilde.

What they have are specialized post-baccalaureate programs for HR, Retail, Real Estate, HRM, etc.
    Oops my bad thanks Sir M. grad sya ng CSB and took his MBA sa DLSU a long time ago while I was abroad. Ayun nasa Canada na working as Manager, pero it was his hardwork and dedication that put him there and was never his papers.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    noong time ko meron naman pang gabi ang DLSU-GBS(main)...
    kung ako ang nasa lugar mo AIM or DLSU lang ang pagpipilian ko...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Personally, I am the stereotypical DLSU kickout who went to Benilde and got into the Dean's List.

So, what is wrong with that? You mean as kickouts we can't redeem ourselves and excel in another school?
    i absolutely agree! i'm a graduate of mapua and when i was still a mapua student, i used to hear some mapua students and professors maligning Technological Institute of the Philippines (TIP) for being the 'bagsakan' of mapua kickouts. but there were many cases that those kickouts were able to redeem themselves and even topped the engineering board exams.
    Last edited by explorer; September 4th, 2006 at 02:25 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chieffy View Post
    noong time ko meron naman pang gabi ang DLSU-GBS(main)...
    kung ako ang nasa lugar mo AIM or DLSU lang ang pagpipilian ko...
    is GBS different from GSB (Graduate School of Business)? i think the OP would like to take a B.S. MGT and not the M.S. MGT? Even the Greenhills campus is hosting the night schooling for GSB students. I attended DLSU's MBA programme (1995 to 2000) where I had to attend night classes alternately in both taft and greenhills campuses.
    Last edited by explorer; September 4th, 2006 at 02:27 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i dont think that she lacks intelligence. Natatalo pa nga ako nun lalo na pag magkalaban kami sa playstation.
    haha maybe shes spending more time playing than studying... joke!

im also a student in DLSU and i think CSB is not that bad. in fact i might be enrolling there soon 15 units accumulation.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Honestly, what do you think of College of Saint Benilde?