New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Anybody here who homeschool their kids?

Or anybody here who were homeschooled when they were kids?

I'm thinking of homeschooling my 7 year old son but I'm a bit hesitant. Can you please share some of your experiences with this method. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    sino ang teacher? one of the parents? or private teacher ba? pag parents, one of them has to be at home full time (and must be smart too). both have pros and cons. advantage ng home schooling, your child gets the undivided attention of the teacher. diasadvantage of home schooling MAYBE poor social skills when your child becomes an adult (it's only my guess).

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    dapat nga siguro fulltime yung isang parent. tsaka dapat 100% pareho yung parents sa idea. talagang matututukan ang bata lalo na pag masipag ang parents. maeenhance din ang relationship ng anak sa magulang.

about the "poor social skills" argument, hindi siguro ganon kung magkakaron din ng time yung bata sa mga activities na mag-rerequire ng pakikihalubilo sa mga tao. i think it's not only in school na magkakaron ng chance yung bata na ma-train ang socials skills.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    +1 ako re: poor social skills. Kung may edad na, ok na siguro, pero since 7 palang tingin ko malaking bagay ang classroom setting.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i know of a family who opted for this system. so far so good naman because they all speak fluent english plus the eldest now studies in uplb, the next one is about to enroll in mapua, and the third i think is now studying in dlsz. they all seem well adjusted maybe partly because they interacted all the time w/ the kids in the neighborhood so i guess they're social skills weren't deprived nor compromised.

btw, the mother was the one who concentrated on the kids' education.
    Last edited by baludoy; April 3rd, 2007 at 01:35 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no offense to anyone, but a common perception is that homeschooled kids grow up to be freaks :hihihi:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no offense to anyone, but a common perception is that homeschooled kids grow up to be freaks :hihihi:

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    none taken. mukhang walang nagho-homeschool dito a

anyway, sa tingin ko naman both methods (conventional and homeschool) have pros and cons. it all depends on the parents to decide which system they think would best bring out the best from their children.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    curious lang po... why homeschool? up to what age is this homeschooling? does it mean he can skip grade one if you homeschool your 7-year old kid?

sorry, kala ko kasi pang-artista lang to or for those special children na hirap mag-attend ng regular schooling.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we tried/planned this approached a few years back when we coudn't find a suitable school - both academical teaching and budget issues.

it turned out manila would be the best place...kaso wala kami sa manila.

there is one in las pinas and one somewhere in alabang area...which a friend of mine homeschooled their kids (all 5 of them).

most of the opinions and perceptions above ay MALI.

1) Social interaction - initially starts at home. Homeschooling is a supervised procedure (supervised ang curriculum and well guided ang parents ng magh-home school on the issues and how to resolve this/these issue/s) that actually DOES NOT render the kid socially incapable or poor in interaction. Ang tutuo niyan, properly homeschool kids tends to be more independent such that they don't get intimidated or bullied by another kid. BTW most bullies are KSP (kulang sa pansin) kids that are actually the one's with social behaviour problems.

2) One parent or both parents doing the homeschooling is an option. Yes a teacher to do this homeschooling technique is always an option. But the teacher herself must be qualified or have the patience (like the parents) to undertake this role.

3) Smart parents - NOT A REQUIREMENT. Although it helps, minsan nakakasama pa nga ang sobrang matalino kasi they TEND to impose things. What is needed is a parent that is willing to learn and teach their kids in properly in the homeschooling ways.

4) FREAKS - depends on what does freak means, probably this notion only comes to people who doesn't know what homeschooling is. 99% of the time, homeschool kids turn out to be more normal and independent and wise kids and the schooled kids (specially from yuppy schools) turn out to be more prone to become "FREAKS" - mga takot sa peer pressure, insecure and could not decide on their own properly. Eto yung magyoyosi, madaling ma-sway sa drugs and other vices kasi their mind is very weak to handle peer pressures - hindi ba mas FREAK yung ganito?!?

5) Homeschooling does not require the kid to be doing "school work" everyday...sometimes the kid can come to work/tag-along with one of the parents and this becomes part of the "learning process". In the end, the kids are less prone to becoming stress-out at school. Example building a kit car (say from tamiya) is already part of the homeschool process, whereas, sa regular schooled kids, their home economics project could be different and less enjoyable for the kid. Both are doing the same stuff---the home school kids enjoys the project, but the regular kid sees this as work.

6) No pressure - medal or becoming a first honor is never an issue with homeschoolers....funny thing is, if you try to match a homeschooler with a regular schooler, mas mataas ang chance that the homeschooler will out do the regular schooled kid kahit na valedictorian or first honor kid pa ito.

If I were in manila, I would have homeschooled my kids...

If I have the chance to talk to my kakilala who was home schooling their kids, i will try to get more info.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Homeschoolers?