New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    bale nahuli po ko counterflow sa me megamall, d ko kase alam na one way yun kase aanga anga ko. Gusto ko aregluhin pero ayaw, bale ortigas security humuli sakin, ntry nya iconfiscate license ko, redundant ako kase taga batangas pa ko, tapos yung tropa ko na na susunduin ko dun sa st.francis tinawagan nya tita nya na judge sa manila rtc, ok na sana kaso naticketan na ko, nabawi ko yung license kahit dapat ay confiscated, actually tumawag at nagpapunta pa ng mmda yung judge na tita ng tropa ko (haba) para i-check kung pwede ba talaga manghuli, well legitimate nmn daw sila manghuli, so yung nagawa lng nmin is nabawi ko yung license pero me ticket na nga rin.

nung nakausap ko yung tita nung tropa ko after a couple of days, sabi nya wag ko na raw bayaran yung penalty kase ok na "cguro" yun according to her.

ngyn medyo nag-aalala ko if ever na magparenew ako ng license, ano ba mga posibleng mangyari? should i really worry about it o magrely ako dun sa sabi nung tita nung tropa ko na judge? sensya na po medyo mahaba ...

salamat mga master

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi ka pwede mag renew ng driver's license mo... bayaran mo na lang yung TVR mo.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Computerized na ang mga records ngayon, di ka makakarenew kung di mo bayaran ang TVR mo.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Diba sa Metrobank lang bayaran nyan.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by falken
    Computerized na ang mga records ngayon, di ka makakarenew kung di mo bayaran ang TVR mo.

ah ganun po ba, pano kaya yun 3 weeks na nakalipas, magkano kaya penalty, kase yung counterflow pa lang 2k na eh, ambigat sa bulsa, tisk tisk tisk. tnx ulit

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    fine is 5% per day yata after the 3 days claiming period.

had a friend na nag-counterflow sa makati (2k din) tapos di niya binayaran ng 1 month halos. so dumoble yung kailangan niya bayaran.

don't know about MMDA pero sa makati pwede ka makipag negotiate sa legal office ng makati city hall na ma-reduce yung babayaran mo (e.g. wala nang penalty). pero yung 2k di na mababawasan yun because that's the baseline fine eh.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mudspit
    bale nahuli po ko counterflow sa me megamall, d ko kase alam na one way yun kase aanga anga ko. Gusto ko aregluhin pero ayaw, bale ortigas security humuli sakin, ntry nya iconfiscate license ko, redundant ako kase taga batangas pa ko, tapos yung tropa ko na na susunduin ko dun sa st.francis tinawagan nya tita nya na judge sa manila rtc, ok na sana kaso naticketan na ko, nabawi ko yung license kahit dapat ay confiscated, actually tumawag at nagpapunta pa ng mmda yung judge na tita ng tropa ko (haba) para i-check kung pwede ba talaga manghuli, well legitimate nmn daw sila manghuli, so yung nagawa lng nmin is nabawi ko yung license pero me ticket na nga rin.

nung nakausap ko yung tita nung tropa ko after a couple of days, sabi nya wag ko na raw bayaran yung penalty kase ok na "cguro" yun according to her.

ngyn medyo nag-aalala ko if ever na magparenew ako ng license, ano ba mga posibleng mangyari? should i really worry about it o magrely ako dun sa sabi nung tita nung tropa ko na judge? sensya na po medyo mahaba ...

salamat mga master

kung sinabi ng ka-tropa mong judge, na ok na. trust her words. if ever naman na magparenew ka ng license, you can always call her again.

kaya na ni-confiscate license mo para talaga tubusin mo. eh hindi naman pala nakuha eh.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    aww, deym, ganun ba, tisk tisk tisk, salamat sa mga advice

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    tips lang guys sa mga nahuhuli... message from a schoolmate...

the number is removed, maybe you could just pm it and i'll forward it na lang...
    ---------------------------------------------

URGENT MESSAGE ABOUT THE COPS OF THE PNP

Please take the time to read this message, I'm sure you're all sick of forwards, but this might apply to you, your friends, or your family, so please read on. If you don't have the time now, just store it and read it when it’s convenient.

It would be no surprise that many of you, or if not, many of the people you know have been in a shitty situation with the cops at least once. I'm talking about the times when they have been rude, arrogant, condescending, unreasonable, or just plain assholes on a power trip; whether at checkpoints, stations, or in the streets; and it really sucks that we're supposed to trust them with keeping us "safe". I myself have encountered these kinds of cops, having been extorted from, spoken rudely to, treated with disrespect, and even almost carjacked at gunpoint by 4 armed men. I'm not playing with any of you, these things really happened. What's ironic is that my father is a police officer, and more than being pissed off at these cops, it saddens me that he has to take the flak for them as well as be dragged in with all the generalizations people make. Truth be told, you'd be surprised to know that there are more decent cops in the country than those we're used to seeing. Believe me, I grew up with them around me, and i'm not just saying this or being biased, but it’s definitely true. So enough of the intro; the point of this message is this.

All these cops that give us headaches and who because of this, ruin the already damaged dignity and image of the PNP, must be put in their place. (To know exactly how to help out with this, you can skip the following paragraph if you're in a rush or if you're getting tired of reading, but i suggest you read it. i wouldn't write anything down if i thought it useless to the point of this message)

Currently there is a Transformation program that is underway, and please try and believe me when I say that this campaign is genuinely geared toward ridding this country of ill-equipped (both physically and mentally), disrespectful, and dishonorable cops. This transformation program is being taken to heart and they are set to achieve all their goals by 2010. It is a very long time from now, but we all know what happens when we rush policy making here in this country. Problems such as attitude are just one of the main factors that lead to the inability of enforcing the laws, and since it is more of a cultural problem deeply ingrained in the cops, it will really take a long time to eliminate. (If you want to know exactly what problems the program is addressing, just let me know and I'll send you another message about this.)

IF THERE ARE COPS GIVING YOU A PROBLEM, YOU CAN TEXT OR CALL ME AT 09**-*******, AND I'LL SEE WHAT I CAN DO. It sounds a bit arrogant, but sometimes we can't even be sure if the cops at the front desks will actually log or act upon our complaints. I can't promise you either that I'll get something done, but I promise I'll try. I want these guys to get what they deserve, if only to help clean up the police's image and to help everyone else regain their trust in them.

Some things to look out for, that I believe should be reported.

1. Cops who curse at you or who are clearly rude and sorely impolite

2. Cops who ask for money

3. Cops who don't seem to have a concept of courtesy

4. Cops smoking while in their uniforms

5. Cops who aren't snappy with the way they carry themselves particularly in the way they dress. For example, naka sando lang chaka pantalon pero may baril, etc...

6. When in checkpoints, cops who ask to open your bags, but you sincerely believe that they have absolutely no reason to suspect anything

7. Cops who respond as if they're pissed off at the world when you ask them something.

What to do if you encounter any of these things listed above.

1. Take note of their names, if their nameplates are visible. This is found on their right chest and is usually colored black with gold print.

2. If you notice that they are riding patrol cars or police revos, take note of the plate numbers and/or the body markings. For example, the police cars in Quezon City are usually marked "QC-" and then the number. (Just a bit of info. QC-37 were the guys who extorted me)

3. Take note of the place and time when you were "victimized" by these disgraceful cops.

As much as possible, note as much info as you can. The more info there is, the more they can't escape what they've got coming for them. When you get the info, text or call me at my number.

A WORD OF ADVICE: If you happen to know anyone "influential" who you think has the power to get you out of a bad predicament, and you want to call him/her, i suggest you don't do it. Don't attempt to call or text or show the cops that you're taking the matter into your own hands right in front of them. First of all, it only shows that you're condoning acts like name-dropping which are in reality dishonorable and cowardly acts themselves.

Let them do their thing; if they ask you for money or for anything else you know is wrong, then simply refuse. No matter what acts they resort to, they'll lose in the end if what they're doing is really messed up; they can threaten you and do things to piss you off or to rile you up, but it would be best if you just try and relax. TRY your hardest to ALWAYS speak politely, and tone down with your temper. They're just going to feed off of it and it'll become ugly. Kill them with kindness as they say. Just remember, if you sincerely feel or know that what they're doing is wrong, don't react right away. Also, have the presence of mind to take note of the things that i suggested above to look out for, then let me know.

Another thing, DO NOT BRIBE THEM. Yes, it may get you out of the situation, but it doesn't help at all in the long run. If you really want to change their attitude and the whole system for a better organization in the future, quickly solving a problem with another isn't the way to go. Try and assess the situation you're in. If it really looks like they won't give up and they're already resorting to scary ****, then just use your good judgment (or your celphone to call someone to get you out of it ). Be firm but don't be rude or violent.

*Note. Many of you may already know this, but I feel it’s important to be reminded. If you don't know, then please remember that:

MMDA officials on the road are NOT police officers and have no affiliation with the PNP whatsoever. This goes as well, for the different enforcers of the different cities. QC enforcers are in yellow, makati are in orange (i think), and so on. Basta. You'll know if they're from the PNP if they wear blue uniform with faint white vertical stripes, and dark blue slacks with a light blue line running down the side. They also have patches on their sleeves to indicate their rank and unit.

Just some other important things you should know

1. There definitely IS a problem with cops. But the cops with all the attitude problems and superiority complex's are mostly based in the city; probably because of all the available opportunities for illegal means of putting food on the table.

2. A lot of these cops that we encounter on the street are PNCO's or Police non-commissioned officers. These guys receive close to minimum wage and work 24 shifts, 7 days a week; more than doctors and nurses, and above all, they are constantly in danger. Yes, danger. Though they may still be unfit and practically hopeless, they can still get into tough ****; and that being said, it's a bit understandable that they can lose it. (However, this is still no excuse of course, because they chose that job, and they should be ready to deal with it).

LASTLY, IF YOU'RE CAUGHT BY THE COPS BUT YOU KNOW THAT IT'S YOUR FAULT, THEN TOUGH SHIT…JUST ACCEPT THE CONSEQUENCES. BUT EVEN THEN, IF THEY ARE STILL BEING RUDE AND UNBECOMING OF POLICE OFFICERS, JUST REMEMBER TO TAKE NOTE OF THEIR NAMES, PATROL CAR NUMBERS IF THEY HAVE ONE, THE TIME, AND PLACE. Let me know as soon as it's done, and I’ll see if there there's anything i can do.

THANKS A LOT GUYS, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU'VE GOTTEN THIS FAR WITH THE MESSAGE. I HATE TO ASK YOU THIS, BUT PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW IF YOU REALLY WANT TO CHANGE THE POLICE OF THIS COUNTRY. and if you're planning to forward it, delete all the useless **** that yahoo automatically puts before and after the message. thanks again. just a bit of trivia, it took the British Police 100 years to regain their dignity and the people's trust.

PEACE,

Chase Lomibao
    (son of gen. arturo lomibao - head of pnp)

*if you have any other questions, just email me at chase_lomibao*... and i'll try my best to address your concern.
    *you can also check out www.pnp.gov.ph. It’s actually informative. You can learn about police hierarchy, the units of the PNP, requirements for firearm licenses, and other things like what to do during terrorist attacks, bomb threats, etc.

----------------------------------

what is worse than a corrupt politician is the corrupt mind/person that corrupts them...

sana before tayo magreklamo about how corrupt the government is, sana tayo ang mauna... wag natin silang offeran ng bribe... or wag natin gamitin ang power natin para makalusot sa kasalanan natin

using the power of the judge para tumakas sa traffic violation ay walang pinagkaiba sa pagbayad sa judge kapag nakasuhan ng rape or murder...
    Last edited by van_wilder; June 17th, 2006 at 07:48 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yeah.. it seems excessively petty to involve a judge just to get out of a traffic violation (na tama naman). oh well..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
help po mga master, regarding sa huli