New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    This summer biglang ang dami ng garapata sa aso ko. Pati sa pader nakikita namin. Ano ba ang effective tick and flea product?

I use Pet Guard tick and flea shampoo and the same brand flea powder but it looks like its not working.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have you tried using FLEA AWAY brand? meron powder, soap and shampoo. The powder is useful in keep the fleas away between baths, the shampoo/soap kills them when we give the dogs a bath.

available in most supermarkets and some petstores.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Have you tried using FLEA AWAY brand? meron powder, soap and shampoo. The powder is useful in keep the fleas away between baths, the shampoo/soap kills them when we give the dogs a bath.

available in most supermarkets and some petstores.
    Aside from this Bro kailangan madisinfect mo din ang area ng dog mo this is very helpful para ma-eliminate ang fleas and tick. Use zonrox or muriatic to clean the area, in this way mamatay din ang flea and tick na nasa flooring and wall. Ginawa ko ito sa dati sa 3 dogs ko very effective in 2 weeks makikita mo na mawawala ang garapata ng dog mo.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    bili ka ng frontline spray. 1k lang yan sa isang shop sa tiendesitas,mag kanvas ka na lang...yun 1 lagayan nyan tatagal ng 3 months...kung maliit aso mo tatagal sa iyo ng mahigit isang taon yun spray bottle na yan...sulit naman so far

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Bro hope this works for you since it worked for me when I had this problem before.

After trying all those branded dog shampoos, in the end it only took one humble detergent to eliminate both fleas and ticks: PERLA

It may not give your dog a softer coat but it does wonders to the parasites!

Of course, you gotta painstakingly SCRUB the places they frequent like walls and cement grounds to eliminate the potential left over bugs and their eggs.

Good Luck!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    thanks guys and keep them conimg.

Will try perla 1st and use zonrox to disinfect his area before trying the more expensive stuff.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    zonrox (or any liquid bleach) in a 50/50 mixture of water in a spray-bottle is useful to kill the lice/flea eggs,etc in the area where your dogs frequently stay or spend time around at.

Just spray the area with the mixture every week to keep them (the lice and fleas) in control. Give cracks and crevices a bit more attention because usually those are the places they would hide.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    lam mo ganyan din ang aso ko, parang panahon ata ng garapata nila kapag summer eh. what i did was i went to a vet tapos binigyan sya ng pinapahid sa katawan dun sa area na maraming fleas. we do it every 2 wks after a bath. tapos binigyan din kami ng spray para sa pader. so far effective naman. but sorry, i forgot the name nun gamot. it cost me P300.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    pahabol po... agree ako sa PERLA, gamit ko rin yan sa aso ko.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I tried all commercial flea shampoos before on our pitbull to no avail. Actually, kahit nga Baygon at muriatic acid, wa epek sa lice, ticks and fleas when I used it (yung nasa lapag na kuto, not on the skin of our pet dog).

When all else fails, try mo kerosene. Effective only on the body. No joke. We used it only as a last resort, kasi pati other pets namin nagkakaroon na ng kuto. Just make sure nobody's smoking nearby.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
help dami fleas