New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Threaded View

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My dog just passed away today. I am still mourning his death because he had been a loyal guard dog to us. I don't think I will ever love a dog again as much as I loved my Boomer. I never thought that he would pass away so soon. He just turned 5 this year and he was very healthy before getting ill. I honestly thought he'd grow as old as 12 like my previous dogs.

The thought of getting a new dog breaks my heart but I know that I won't feel safe until I get a new dog. I was looking through buy and sell and I would like to ask your advice as to how young (months) the most ideal age is to get a puppy. Mostly they sell puppies at 2 mos but isn't that still high risk for the puppy to get sick? Also, should I be wary if an owner is selling dogs that are more than a year old already or those that are too cheap. Should I also consider those that advertise without giving out a landline?

Here are some of the dogs I am considering:

Beagle - P5,000 - F - One year
    Dachshund - P3,500 - F - 6 mos w/ shots dewormed
    Dachshund - P3,000 - M - 3 mos. Dewormed. No Papers.
    Golden Retriever - P5,000 - M - 6 mos w/shots and papers
    Golden Retriever - P6,000 - M - 2.5 mos w/shots
    Jack Russell - P7,000 - M - 2 mos
    Labrador - P4,500 - 2 mos
    Labrador - P6,000 - M/F - 2 mos

I would also appreciate advice on when I should have the dog taken to the vet for shots. If you know of any reputable breeders from the Paranaque or Makati area please let me know. I am also considering getting a rott but I don't like the choices in buy and sell. If any of the tsikoteers have newly born mongrels, would you be kind enough to sell me a puppy?

Lastly, please pray for my dog that he would have a safe journey to dog heaven. He will be missed.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; November 29th, 2008 at 07:47 PM.

Having a Dog