New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    May mga firms that specialize in data recovery. They usually do forensics for the NBI, if them agents need a job to recover data for evidence (if you can call it that). Anyway, it can cost you an arm. Lahat ng advice nila is correct.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yan_168
    PC1= yung may problemang PC
    PC2= yung spare na PC sa inyo

sir, ang gawin mo alisin mo yung hd ng PC1 then ilagay mo ito sa PC2. Bali ang mangyayari dalawa ang hd ang nakalagay sa PC2. ibig sabihin master yung totoong hd ng PC2 at yung nilagay mong hd ng PC1 ay slave sya. So pagnalagay mo na ON mo yung PC2. dapat madedetect nya parehas yung hd mo. kung nadetect nya dapat makikita mo na dun yung mga files mo sa hd.
    pasensya kung di masyado maintindihan
    tanggalin mo lang ung jumper ng SLAVE Hdisk.
    nangyare na saken yan.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    A technique I read somewhere is if you bring the temperature of the hard drive down to the freezing point by putting it in a freezer first and then taking it back out, somehow the condensation from bringing it back to room temperature helps revive it for about 20 minutes, it can be repeated about five to six times tops. Long enough to get out any important files that need to be backed up.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    meron na isang software ON Track ang nag develop, down load it. Easy Recovery ang pangalan nung software. Thats what my friend told me

Diba may bayad yung OnTrack?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    may trial version

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    usually faulty hdd files' can be recovered using it as a slave while having a primary hdd online. kung ayaw talaga, resort to the previous tsikoteer's posts. Kung hindi naman subjected to heat and/or "biglang pagkabagsak" and/or nabuhusan ng tubig or pagkain, I think having it as a slave will do.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon
    May mga firms that specialize in data recovery. They usually do forensics for the NBI, if them agents need a job to recover data for evidence (if you can call it that). Anyway, it can cost you an arm. Lahat ng advice nila is correct.
    yup! these guys are pro's when it comes to data recovery. kahit nasunog na yung PC nakukuha pa nila ang data. they have "cleanrooms" wherein they disect the HDD.

mahal pero sulit.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    A technique I read somewhere is if you bring the temperature of the hard drive down to the freezing point by putting it in a freezer first and then taking it back out, somehow the condensation from bringing it back to room temperature helps revive it for about 20 minutes, it can be repeated about five to six times tops. Long enough to get out any important files that need to be backed up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tried this one on a notebook and it works..............

have'nt tried yet on a desktop's HDD.....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    this is only if the problem is the HDD's bearings.

There is no condensation happening inside the HDD itself because its a sealed environment. The danger here is condensation forming on the HDD's controller board causing a short-circuit is greater.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
? hard disk failure- how to recover data