New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    been here for almost a month now and part of settling is dealing with different people of different experise(kuno), like housing, banking, shipping, etc. one thing "noticable" is most of those who we are dealing with have no "palabra de honor", broken deals,(very) late responses, deliveries, tons of unexplained delays.

my Canadian boss is beginning to think that we Pinoys are "incompetent" and "unprofessionals" and he's starting not to trust on any other else(except us in the office).

being in China for many years thought me that being unable to speak English or even uneducated(for others) would'nt be an hindrance to success.

halimbawa ko lang itong mayari ng isang Convinience store sa Alabang area, ayaw tumaggap ng bayad at ituturo ka pa sa tindera niya, para iabot yung pera while nagtetext siya, e katabi lang pala niya cash machine.
    while sa Shenzhen, may local na di nagiingles, nagmamayari ng isang grocery , siya mismo nagbubuhat, nagdedeliver ng tubig, softdink, bigas or kahit ano. sa bahay niyo. pero naka-BMW X5 siya ha? very good costumer service

i know di naman lahat, pero still is in our society and is degrading and does'nt create good image.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    welcome to the Philippines... that is the same reason why mabagal ang asenso ng Pilipinas... yung tao mismo ay kulang sa kusa.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    It is all about attitude. The late Chinese migrant owner (with a Phd degree) of one of the bigger computer distributors in the US didn't hesitate to pick up a mop and clean the office floor himself if he happened to see a dirty spot. He did this in full view of his employees and clients.

This was already when his company had become a major player and had consistently been awarded high-priced automobiles (e.g. Ferraris) for achieving top annual sales.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I've been to places where your experiences here would pale in comparison. True, marami pang dapat i-improve dito sa Pilipinas pero I tell you, we are still better of compared to a number of countries in the world. Marami sa atin ang may kusa IMO. Nasa development work ako so I've been around the poorest -and dangerous - places in the Philippines. Thing is, marami sa kanila eh ey willing mag-pawis at magpatulo ng dugo figuratively if they would be given a break - which a lot of NGOs are giving.

I have to disagree with the thoughts of you Canadian boss. May mga Canadians akong nakatrabaho na at iba pang nationalities at mataas ang tingin nila sa Pinoy. Sa mundo na ginagalawan ko (development work), isa ang Pinoy sa mataas na tinitingala. Thing is, ang exposure ng maraming foreigners doing business dito sa atin eh sa Metro Manila lang - wala halos sa provinces na nandun ang mga masisispag at matutulungin na tao. Sabi nga nung isang kasama kong French dati: "Sadly, the image of the Philippines for the world to see is only Metro Manila." So, kung ano impression ng visitors sa Metro Manila eh yun unfortunately ang tumatanim na imahe ng Pilipinas sa kanila.

Can we change? Sure we can! Pero dapat ang change eh magsimula sa mga sarili natin - hinde lang puna tayo ng puna. Imbes na negative thoughts at images lagi ang inisip natin sa Pilipinas most of the time, why don't we look at the good things first for a change, then see how we as individuals can help improve the negative. Kung kasi aasa tayo ng aasa lang sa gobyerno at pupunahin ang iba ta tayo eh hinde nagi-improve, eh wala ngang mangyayari.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    It is all about attitude. The late Chinese migrant owner (with a Phd degree) of one of the bigger computer distributors in the US didn't hesitate to pick up a mop and clean the office floor himself if he happened to see a dirty spot. He did this in full view of his employees and clients.
    yhap, pinoys are too proud sometimes to do menial task.

i worked in canada and the owner mismo and nagbubuhat ng mga kahon at umaakyat sa mga stacks of boxes to get stocks.

i just looked at him in amazement and said to myself that i've never seen in the philippines. Here, i worked with some managers before who will not lift a finger to carry the OHP! trabaho da ng mga janitor yon.

pero again, hindi lahat.

just tell your boss to be a little more patient. he will encounter people that will change his present outlook.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    pinoys are pinoy, love them or hate them...

above said are very true... sadly pinoy need to improve a lot, though pinoys could change for improvement however, as being the pinoy they are some has an embedded crab mentality... there are so many facts how it is so sad to be pinoy...

but what makes pinoy different, pinoys could laugh at their problems, thats one big thing why i choose to stay here.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus700 View Post
    yhap, pinoys are too proud sometimes to do menial task.

i worked in canada and the owner mismo and nagbubuhat ng mga kahon at umaakyat sa mga stacks of boxes to get stocks.

i just looked at him in amazement and said to myself that i've never seen in the philippines. Here, i worked with some managers before who will not lift a finger to carry the OHP! trabaho da ng mga janitor yon.

pero again, hindi lahat.

just tell your boss to be a little more patient. he will encounter people that will change his present outlook.
    Unfortunately your comparison are true. People get promoted and they think they are too big to do the job of those below them. A lot of times those are the managers who just order people around and don't do anything.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I still move boxes and mop the floor.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Malamang yung nakita mong patext text anak lang yan o kamaganak, kasi kung yan yung nagpundar ng negosyo di niya magagawa yun unless nuknukan ng bobo yun o lubhang maangas lang.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depende nga sa nagpapatakbo ng company na kausap mo. we do business in the philippines, and our vendors there have good follow-through. madali din sila kausap, and while their performance is up-and-down sometimes, i don't get the feeling that they make excuses or dont try to do better...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
haaaay Pinoys.....