New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 109 of 119 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1183
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The perp was lucky as the homeowner was shooting a pistol. I wonder how he would have survived a 12-gauge blast from such a short distance.

As they say in the Army, "Shoot first, ask questions later".
    I think he'll survive the 12g given it's birdshot. Pag slug, ba ibang usapan yan. Baka sa kapitbahay pa nila pupulutin yung slug.

But this is a private community, not a warzone. Hehe sana they can enact laws to protect homeowners from these kind of people.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    If the prep survives and one cannot prove that danger to ones life...dyan pumapasok ang PAO

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    What is PAO again sorry?

Also, tell the perp to tell the truth or threaten him na you'll shoot him again. Feel ko mapapa amin yung perp given you already shot him once. [emoji23]

3. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    If the prep survives and one cannot prove that danger to ones life...dyan pumapasok ang PAO

I think the fact that he entered another person's house with a bolo or itak is enough proof of danger or aggression towards the homeowner's life. Kahit pa nga walang bitbit na patalim 'yan eh pwede dumampot ng kutsilyo o martilyo para saktan yung may-ari or anyone else residing there.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    What is PAO again sorry?

Also, tell the perp to tell the truth or threaten him na you'll shoot him again. Feel ko mapapa amin yung perp given you already shot him once. [emoji23]

Diba 'yan ang ahensya ni Persida Acosta? The Dengvaxia Conspiracy witch hunters

Hindi kailangan ng admission 'jan. The CCTV recording would likely exonerate the homeowner readily. Baka nga hindi pa lumagpas sa fiscal yung kaso.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    What is PAO again sorry?

Public Attorney's Office papi

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post
    I think the fact that he entered another person's house with a bolo or itak is enough proof of danger or aggression towards the homeowner's life. Kahit pa nga walang bitbit na patalim 'yan eh pwede dumampot ng kutsilyo o martilyo para saktan yung may-ari or anyone else residing there.
    Im not citing that as an example..good thing everything was caught on video, the suspect used his weapon and considered case closed, but sad to say we dont have a castle law or anything similiar here on ph, that trespassing is considered unlawfull agression, to cite an example, if an individual, armed with a knife, comes into your property, tries to steal your house, let say, a bike, you shoot and kill the individual..the family of the victim will press chargers citing murder, its not considered self defense, he was just trying to steal from you, now your contention is self defense, you say he has a knife, family's lawyer will tell you it was used to pry open the door, now, you also need a lawyer...acceptance fee is 3x the cost of the bike the BG was trying to steal..point is...laws here in ph is stup1d..it protects criminals..i have a friend, same thing happend, he caught the BG in his home inside his car, the man swung a knife at him, then off balance he shot the leg, BG was arrested, well, you know what happend next...he also had to prove that it was in self defense, there were no witness, no camera that time, moral of the story...have a gun, get a lawyer...and have him on speed dial..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends on which country you are living. I heard from a friend living in AU. That burglars have rights. If you caught one inside your house, you cannot shoot or hurt them in anyway. Or else you will be charged.

Makes me think, ano kaya ang gagawin ko, bubulagain ko siya?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Im not citing that as an example..good thing everything was caught on video, the suspect used his weapon and considered case closed, but sad to say we dont have a castle law or anything similiar here on ph, that trespassing is considered unlawfull agression, to cite an example, if an individual, armed with a knife, comes into your property, tries to steal your house, let say, a bike, you shoot and kill the individual..the family of the victim will press chargers citing murder, its not considered self defense, he was just trying to steal from you, now your contention is self defense, you say he has a knife, family's lawyer will tell you it was used to pry open the door, now, you also need a lawyer...acceptance fee is 3x the cost of the bike the BG was trying to steal..point is...laws here in ph is stup1d..it protects criminals..i have a friend, same thing happend, he caught the BG in his home inside his car, the man swung a knife at him, then off balance he shot the leg, BG was arrested, well, you know what happend next...he also had to prove that it was in self defense, there were no witness, no camera that time, moral of the story...have a gun, get a lawyer...and have him on speed dial..

But the reality here in ph is that the BG is poor and the family is easily intimidated to areglo di ba?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2017

I have a friend who is an ACP (Assistant City Prosecutor) and he told me na ganun talaga. Whoever is claiming self-defense after shooting someone has the burden of proof. Pati yung order of trial daw babaligtad kasi its the defendant who is claiming self defense who will present his evidence first.

Yes, I agree it's stupid law, but if you are willing to defend your life and property with a gun, you must also be prepared to do it before the court of law.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    But the reality here in ph is that the BG is poor and the family is easily intimidated to areglo di ba?
    Yes...but imagine the hassle...you are a victim all over again..