New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Do you have a gun in your car? identities will not be revealed.

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Better safe than sorry.

5 20.83%
  • Yes, in reaction to specific death threats/ business security concerns.

1 4.17%
  • Sometimes/ during target shooting only.

6 25.00%
  • No, I don't own a gun/ I leave it at home/office.

12 50.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Hello peeps, just a quick, anonymous poll on the ratio of tsikoteers who carry guns in their cars and who doesn't.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    where's the poll option for "my gun is mounted to the roof of my vehicle and equipped with an auto targeting device for jeepneys" :evillaugh

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I carry my weapon only when going to and coming from work or qualifying days at the range. Other than that I'd prefer not to have a weapon on my person while in the car off duty. I've seen too many things go wrong when a weapon is introduced into a volatile situation for all the parties involved. In my profession we are trained to de-escalate situations and introducing a gun just escalates matters to a point were all parties may later regret the consequence of their actions. Just recently a fellow officer in Florida was killed in a road rage incident because one party did not want to disengage from the situation. The officer should have known better and let it go but decided to follow the other party which later ended with him being shot and killed. Now his family suffers the grief of his loss and the other family suffers having their father/grandfather in jail, nobody wins.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Mine's at the armory of the cop shop where our local cop neighbor works. I only take it out when I have time to practice my marksmanship. With my 1st daughter getting older, it's not safe to leave a gun anywhere near our house, esp the car.

Same goes for my guns back in NV. They're stored in the armory at the sheriff's office.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    no, but i carry a light saber.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    nope, dont own one so i dont carry one. used to and i agree with redorange, the presence of a firearm, in my case, would only make it likely for conflict to escalate to a situation where I am sure i will be regretting.

but i do have non-lethal weapons in the car.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    i have a weapon that doesn't kill but rather spits and gives life :naughty2:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    my personal view is that there is a way higher chance that you'll be using your gun in an ego/machismo related altercation than in unavoidable self-defense/kidnapping/robbery.

I guess non-lethal weapons are better as they cannot allow you to kill impulsively. And if you killed someone with nunchucks, then maybe you really, really meant to kill him

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    My wife and I both own guns but only she carries hers in her car

She is a better shooter than me, in fact, she is at the top of her shooting class - which is also why I never mess around with her :hihihi:

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Malaking tukso kung may dala kang baril sa sasakyan......

6610:secret:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Guns in Cars