New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    goku vs superman
    goku is faster and stronger than superman. superman is only faster than a speeding bullet which makes him around sonic-supersonic speed, but goku can teleport which makes him light speed
    IMO only the Superman of today. Before the Death of Superman, old Supes was the strongest or one of the most strongest beings in the universe. The Supes of the late 60's and the 70's had the capability to travel solar systems and galaxies so he can travel the speed of light. He also had the capability to reverse the revolutions of planets and to move planets out of orbit. AFAIR, his heat vision was as hot or even hotter than the sun.

AFAIR, when Supes was resurrected a few years after the Death of Superman, DC comics wanted a..."toned down" Superman i.e. lesser powers, to make him, well, more human.

So I think if Goku would go against the Superman of the Golden Age, IMO they would be evenly matched.
    Last edited by nicolodeon; September 18th, 2007 at 04:04 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It was even before the "Death of Superman" that he was toned down.

DC Comics asked John Byrne to reinvent Superman long before the "Death" series. I'm not sure if it was J.B., or as a result of his work, but after that, Superman couldn't hold his breath long enough to leave the Solar System (by the way, Saiyans cannot travel in interstellar space without a vehicle) and was severely weakened by leaving the Solar System (but not to the point that he was completely powerless under a red sun, as postulated in the classic Superman stories.)

The Superman versus Captain Marvel fight in JLUnlimited was pretty spectacular. Even though it's a cartoon made for kids, I'm glad that they have some good writing and scripting for the Justice League series... it does the original comics justice... in fact, in some parts, it's even better than some of the comics it's based upon... because the story is concentrated in the hands of a tight-knit group of good writers.

Son Goku has some terrific pyrotechnics, and some of the martial arts in Dragonball are spectacular, but his most powerful attacks take time to set-up...

The Kamehame wave seems to have the power of a small nuclear bomb (maybe a dozen kilotons, from what I've seen of the cartoons), yes, but, as we can see in "The Dark Knight Returns", Superman is powerful enough to survive a nuclear blast (and this was a hundred megatons... or more, I think...)... well, the pre-Death Superman was, anyway.

If it's pure firepower you want, though... few US comic characters come close... Captain Atom could absorb that amount of power, but he'd quantum jump years into the future... there was the short-lived Marvel "New Universe", whose main character, the Star Brand, had the power to explode like a fusion bomb.

There's also Akira... who, in his transformation to pure energy, destroyed the city of Tokyo in a gigantic blast. His incredible psychic powers (telekinesis, pyrokinesis, teleportation, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera) would make him more than a match for either Goku or Superman, although Superman is shown to toss aside telekinetic and telepathic attacks with ease when faced with powerful enemies like Maxima.

-----

Hmmm... Batman versus... Predator? That was an interesting comic book... better than the crap that was Aliens versus Predator. I wish the guys who make the Justice League cartoons would do more comic book movies... I'd dearly love to see "The Dark Knight Returns" made into a movie.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Nakikita ko lang sa poster at print si Goku, pero di ko alam powers nya.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bats pa rin. bruce wayne has very deep pockets, he could hire the justice league to kick wolvies behind hehehe sineryoso talaga :D

yup, sa kingdom come upak si supes kay shazam

iron man vs steel? hehehe

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I don't think Goku can beat Superman. Mas malakas pa rin si Superman basta under the sun!
    Naalala ko tuloy mga Japanese anime dati na Mazinger Z VS Great mazinger, Getta robot vs Mazinger-Z, UFO Grandizer vs Mazinger-Z. hehehehehe Uso na naman yan ngayon?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    pwede din mag wish si Goku sa dragon Ball na alisin power ni Superman.

Hindi na kelangan ni Goku ng spaceship kasi alam na nya ng instant transmission. isang suntok lang ni Goku kay Superman pag Supersaiyan stage 3 at isang pitik lang ni Goku pag Super saiyan stage 4. oh yeah pwede kunin ni Goku power ni Superman kapag nag ipon ng energy si goku.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Kay Goku ako, walang weakness si Goku, si superman meron.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    pwede din mag wish si Goku sa dragon Ball na alisin power ni Superman.

Hindi na kelangan ni Goku ng spaceship kasi alam na nya ng instant transmission. isang suntok lang ni Goku kay Superman pag Supersaiyan stage 3 at isang pitik lang ni Goku pag Super saiyan stage 4. oh yeah pwede kunin ni Goku power ni Superman kapag nag ipon ng energy si goku.
    yup goku increases his power thru training, si superman parang nagplateau na yung powers

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    OT: there is a made-for-DVD movie, Superman Doomsday. meron na sa ******* sa mga hindi pa nakakapanood. medyo iniba yung story para pumasok sa 2 hour format.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    bats pa rin. bruce wayne has very deep pockets, he could hire the justice league to kick wolvies behind hehehe sineryoso talaga :D

yup, sa kingdom come upak si supes kay shazam

iron man vs steel? hehehe
    Well, Bats is and would always be my all-time fave superhero. AFAIK, he is the only superhero in the DC universe na walang superpowers. He just uses his brains, his ingenuity, his martial art skills and, well, his money. He even knows all the weaknesses of his Justice League buddies and knows how to defeat them all, if he has too ;) I think ang katapat nya sa Marvel universe as far as walang superpowers is concerned eh si Anthony Stark aka Iron Man.

---

Iron Man vs. Steel? Hmm...Iron Man ako

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Goku vs Superman