New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Matagal nang issue ang global warming, pero ngayon lang talaga pursigido sa information campaign ang karamihan. Kasi sa tingin ko, for the longest time, ang feeling ng iba e isang hype lang ito at panakot sa mga tao. Ang iba naman ay naniniwala na wala namang magagawa ang isang indibidwal para maiwasan ang epekto nito.

Pero ngayon hindi na maipagkakaila ang epektong dulot ng global warming, pero sad to say marami pa rin ang walang pakialam.

Kayo, in your own little way, how do you help at least slow down the effects of global warming? Pag pinagsama sama ang tulong natin malaking tulong na din yun.

Syempre malamang ibabalik nyo sa akin yung tanong ko. Ako, maliit lang din ang tulong ko, pero better than nothing.
    1. waste segregation. Binibigay namin sa mga nagbobote yung mga pwedeng i-recycle, food scraps goes to the compost, or fed to stray cats, mag i-isang taon na yung compost ko, so far ok naman hindi naman dinadaga kasi walang karne dun, so natitira na lang ay mga basura talaga.

2. Canvass bag pang shopping, kaso minsan nalilimutan ko.

3. Pag patay ilaw, ibang appliances kapag hindi ginagamit, well sa mga nanonood ng Mythbusters, paki correct na lang kung mali ang pagka alala ko, pero ang tanda ko kasi doon ay malaki talaga ang matitipid mo sa kuryente kung everytime na lalabas ka ay papatayin mo ilaw. Kung ko konti ang kakailanganing kuryente ng bawat kabahayan, kokonti din ang kailangan i-generate ng mga coal powered plants natin.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    While they go hand in hand, recycling and global warming are two different issues.

That said, recycling is a big deal where I am. Our house came with two huge trash cans, a green one for regular trash, a blue one for recycleables such as bottles and cans. Then, there's yard trimmings like branches, leaves, and cut grass which are simply put in a pile up front. A different dump truck comes once a week and picks up each type of trash.

Then, there's a warehouse which collects almost anything old that's not broken such as old computers, clothes, old tv's, knick knacks, etc. They also have collection bins at the parking lots of all the schools in our district. All the stuff are collected and sorted at the warehouse then sent to places where they are needed such as disaster relief.

On top of all those, we have volunteer highway cleanup crews (of which I'm a member) who pick up trash regularly along the highways and roads. We do it just for the heck of it. Of course, a clean orderly neighborhood helps keep the property value up.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 21st, 2008 at 04:04 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Wow! I salute you sir for being a volunteer.

Yes they are different issues, so is the case with energy conservation. And yes they do go hand in hand .

I think as individuals, that is a good way to start... By recycling, we reduce the need to produce new things, production which will most probably emit greenhouse gasses. And by reducing the things that we will dump in our landfills, mas maliit lang na area ang masasakop nito, pwede pa sana pagtaniman yung ibang lugar. Mas lalo na natin kailangan mga halaman ngayon di ba?

Speaking of landfills and taniman, sana naman maisip ito ng mga senators dito, e isusulong pa yata nila ang JPEPA na yan e. Hmph. Isa pa yang pag dami ng mga golf courses, pasintabi sa mga golfers, pero sa tingin ko naman e for the meantime e kailangan muna isa isang tabi ang mga development ng mga bagong golf courses.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Like PEKTO said we do recycle almost everything like cans, paper, plastic, used motor oil, dirty water. If you would like to contribute a greener earth avoid riding your car alone, encourage carpooling if you are going to work. If you do this, your not only helping for better air to breath but helping to conserve our natural resources.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    unless people around the world change drastically their way of life...walang tayong magagawa dyan....

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    kudos to you guys. . .it's important for us earthlings now to do our share to reverse the current trend of environmental deterioration. . .

aside from the actions already mentioned above, i say, let's bring our lunches to work everyday in washable lunchboxes. . .imagine the waste that is produced by an individual who buys lunch at a fastfood restaurant or a convenient store:

styrofoam/paper container for each type of food bought
    disposable plastic spoon and fork
    disposable plastic cup and straw
    carrying plastic bag

that is just for one person. . .imagine the number of people who inconsiderably do this!. . .how many people in your floor?. . .how many people in your company?. . .how many people in your city?. . .in the country?. . .in the whole world?. . .and that is just for one day!. . .poor earth, i wonder how can it cope up with this alone. . .

if it is really not possible or too much of an inconvenience to bring baon to school or work, kumain na lang tayo sa restaurant wherein we don't have to produce those unnecessary wastes. . .

think globally, act locally!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    unless people around the world change drastically their way of life...walang tayong magagawa dyan....
    Meron... start changing our way of life, and encourage others to follow suit. Kung maghihintayan tayong lahat, walang ngang mangyayari.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Like PEKTO said we do recycle almost everything like cans, paper, plastic, used motor oil, dirty water. If you would like to contribute a greener earth avoid riding your car alone, encourage carpooling if you are going to work. If you do this, your not only helping for better air to breath but helping to conserve our natural resources.
    Car pooling is the one unpopular conservation measure here. Everyone still prefer their own rides, including yours truly. He He . Whoops.

Back in Nevada during the mid 80's, I used to carpool with a bunch of Pinays. It's like being inside a henhouse. It's so noisy with all the shouting and laughing. I had no idea what they're laughing about (hopefully it wasn't me). But, their laughing was infectious. Then they'd talk about kinky stuff and I'd be red and blushing. He He.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 22nd, 2008 at 07:23 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    We recycle old bottles (plastic/glass), old cans, etc and don't just dump them into the trash bins. One of these days I'd like to get a set of solar panels and install them on the roof, but since we're just renting out an apartment it's not yet an investment for us.
    [SIZE=1]
    I also try to pass less gas but sometimes even that can't be helped......
    [/SIZE]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Global Warming Discussion