New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Has anyone been to South Korea? My folks kasi are wondering kung may mga worthwhile na pasyalan doon.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Have been there in 2001 and also in 2004...cummulative stay of around 2 years. I stayed in the capital, Seoul.

There's quite a lot of interesting places to see. Of course, it depends on what you fancy. Anyway, I have been to quite a few countries (10+) and so far, South Korea is the best.

I would like to live there, but the living expenses are astronomical. The korean's are the most kindest and most polite people I have met.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hmm dapat yata san ung "safe" na pasyalan? Hehehe!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Jeju Island.

during the winter ... hit the slopes.

for a short visit in Seoul , try the DMZ (DeMilitarizedZone) ... Namdaemun Market
    actually nothing much to see.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DonT View Post
    The korean's are the most kindest and most polite people I have met.
    I would have to respectfully disagree with this observation.

I meet them in their native country; I meet them here in the Philippines; I meet them in other countries. They are generally boorish.

Have you seen what they do during their protest rallies and demonstrations ? Our militant groups here are tame in comparison.
    Plus, they are also xenophobic.

But of course, we love their cars, electronic products and telenovelas.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    ^Sorry to hear about your observation. But since I am working with 15 other nationalities seating in the office, all of us have the same observation. And thus I came up with my conclusion.

My office was in front of the Seoul Grand Station and I could easily see and hear the demonstrations/ protests from my window. Being kind and polite does not exempt them from being violent and emotional when fighting for their beleifs and causes.

I always try to see the goodness in people.

Places to See - Seoul Tower, DMZ, Royal Palaces, Yongsan (my favorite place, lots of electronic items), etc. etc.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I was there on assignment for 6 months.

Dami ko rin napuntahan. DMZ, yung zoo, Seoul Tower, Imperial Palace. Puntahan ng mga Pinoys yung Yongsan electronics. At bilihan ng mga "imitations" sa Nandaemun Market. May napuntahn kaming indoor park yung Lotte, pero nothing spectacular naman.

Shopping? Forget it. Mahal. Mura lang ata Kimchi.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    jeju island, seoul tower, nandaemun and the streets nbear those district for shopping, its long walk but there you could find good food and nice shopping from the like of quaipo to greenhills.

the shooting scenes of jewel in the palace, winter sonata, < yes they preserve the shooting locations, if its winter skiing is the best though i cant give comparison coz its my first time to skin and see snow in korea last dec

ginseng chicken, bbq pork ribs, kim chi are not to be missed

beautiful korean girls=) ang kikinis nila, very amicable and pleasing when they smile

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Try their Korean wine, Soju.

Meron ding mga exotic restaurants du'n. Sinubok namin yung resto na nagsi-serve ng dog meat. Meron sila Bosing Tang (Dog soup). He-he! Curious lang kami, kaya sinubok namin.

Masarap na Korean food, Bulgogi (BBQ), Calvi Tang (parang nilaga), Samye Tang (chicken soup w/ ginseng), Bibimbap (rice na may veggies), atbp.

Pag nasa foodcourt ka, at bibili ka ng Coke, mag-iisip pa yung crew.Tawag nila kasi sa Coke......Kula (as in Cola)

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Try their Korean wine, Soju.

Meron ding mga exotic restaurants du'n. Sinubok namin yung resto na nagsi-serve ng dog meat. Meron sila Bosing Tang (Dog soup). He-he! Curious lang kami, kaya sinubok namin.

Masarap na Korean food, Bulgogi (BBQ), Calvi Tang (parang nilaga), Samye Tang (chicken soup w/ ginseng), Bibimbap (rice na may veggies), atbp.

Pag nasa foodcourt ka, at bibili ka ng Coke, mag-iisip pa yung crew.Tawag nila kasi sa Coke......Kula (as in Cola)
    Hehehe sarap siguro mang-asar dun ng "kula kula??"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
May ok bang pasyalan sa South Korea?