New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    mukhang hindi naka immobilise yong hip and leg ng aso kaya nag-slip ulit yong ball sa socket.Punit muscle at ligament and other tissues diyan kaya very loose.Kung walang surgery ,several weeks na di dapat gumagalaw yong hip para mag heal yong injured tissues.Di naman hip dysplasia siguro, di naman pinanganak ata na me diperensiya.
    Anyway good luck na lang sa Veterinary surgeon.Basta kalimutan mo munang Euthanasia. Siguradong ayaw rin ng aso yon.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nemo's friend
    sir, sent you the number ... smile ka na muna :-)

basta pag gumaling yang dog mo, isama mo next EB ha ... wouldn't it be cool if next EB : you may bring your pet :-)
    yup, i will bring him to the next EB..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    grabe yung x-rays... di ko ma imagine. kung sa tao medyo mahirap na at buti nga tao at least pwede makausap kung ano ang masakit. eh ang mga alaga natin... malalaman lang natin na masakit dahil umiiyak sila. nakakaawa...di bale bro, sama ko na gumaling sya agad sa prayers namin. ;)

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    don't lose hope. we had a cat before who got run over by one of our cars in the driveway. hayun nabali ata ang likod kaya she'd play and walk around dragging her legs and tail. eventually after some time she regained some control of the rear portion of her body. she was able to walk awkwardly and live for some time. my point is euthanasia should only be considered as a last resort. baka ma-agapan pa yan one way or another. good luck na lang pre

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Most dog owners resist the reality of euthanasia, even when it is necessary.

The key factor is the dog’s comfort: if the animal is suffering so much that it cannot derive any pleasure from life and its quality of life has degraded beyond recovery, euthanasia may be the most humane option.

Before making the final decision, consult with your veterinarian and ask for a frank prognosis for relief or recovery, whether from a debilitating illness or a sudden injury. Their opinion about your pet’s health will help you make an informed decision.

Throughout the dog’s short life, you have provided exceptional care, companionship, and love, and by choosing euthanasia as a dignified and painless means of death you are continuing to provide your dog the best possible care.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rlp1099

The key factor is the dog’s comfort: if the animal is suffering so much that it cannot derive any pleasure from life and its quality of life has degraded beyond recovery, euthanasia may be the most humane option.

Before making the final decision, consult with your veterinarian and ask for a frank prognosis for relief or recovery, whether from a debilitating illness or a sudden injury. Their opinion about your pet’s health will help you make an informed decision.

Throughout the dog’s short life, you have provided exceptional care, companionship, and love, and by choosing euthanasia as a dignified and painless means of death you are continuing to provide your dog the best possible care.
    The dog's comfort is foremost in us. Our vet told us that he won't be able to walk anymore and in constant pain for the rest of his life unless we consider amputation. But being attached to the dog and considering him to be a member of our family did not deter us in seeking help on all sides, that's why I opened this thread. Luckily, there's somebody here who referred us to a surgeon and that gives us hope not because we want the dog to stay with us but more that he would be pain-free again. So far, our dog is in high spirit and obviously wanted to stay and live normally. Thanks for your piece, I appreciate it very much.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    any updates?

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rlp1099

amen to this!

*bunge, i was one of the first posters who suggested that you ask your vet to put your pet to sleep. i made that suggestion based my understanding of your first post where it seems that your vet cannot do anything more except to prescribe/administer pain killers to at least relax your dog.

bro, it was only a suggestion but i apologize for any unnecessary agony it brought you and your family.

i hope your dog all the best!

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baiskee
    any updates?
    Naka-sked sa Thursday kami for comprehensive assessment.

*konde,

Hehehe, it's just okay. Maybe we've just became so sensitive during the previous days. But hope is so high right now. Pero syempre di rin naman kami aasa na 100% e mangyayari ang gusto namin. Pero at least naibsan ang sakit sa loob namin knowing that there would be someone who would see our dog expertly. Thanks for the concern. Lalo akong bumibilib sa forum na ito.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I had a pet female golden retriever it was given to me as a gift when i was in high school. but she got struck with distemper at 9 years old. ayaw kumain at tumayo. sobrang underweight. pero nagrereact siya if i call her name and her tail wags for a little bit.There is no known cure for distemper although prevention/vaccines can help alot. Our dog has complete vaccination and it is recorded in her papers so it's a mystery why our dog still got struck with distemper. it was decided by the doctor that the dog will be euthanized since there is no known cure for progressed/advance stage distemper at nakakahawa sa tao (measles ata pag napunta sa human body). it was scheduled on may 11, 2006 this year. but then, when it was the time for the dog to be brought to the vet for euthanasia, my uncle told me that she howled 3 times before she took her final breath. at that time, i was at a friends house because i dont want anything to do with our dog's euthanization. it seems she was searching for her owner before she dies.... upto this day, i regret not being with my beloved dog on her final minutes.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
GERMAN SHEPHERD PUPPY SUFFERING. Needs help!